Urgent! Pricing on PS3 and Wii

bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
The suggestion has been made by some respected forum goers that the prices for RBN DLC could be higher on PS3 and Wii than on the 360. The reason given is to cover the extra development, conversion and accounting costs involved in migrating content to the other consoles. Harmonix, I think all of the Wii and PS3 users would appreciate some clarification of very concerning issue.

Thanks.

Comments

  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Urgent! They're just making it up.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3593255 said:
    Urgent! They're just making it up.
    Why would they just make it up? Surely they have more perspective on the matter?
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited March 2010
    urgent, i ain'ts a payings more for a song that the xbox got a month at least earlier and for a cheaper price, just dumb.
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    onduvalst;3593262 said:
    Why would they just make it up? Surely they have more perspective on the matter?
    I heard PS3 will only be getting mono mixes of the Jimi tracks, whereas Xbox will get stereo.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3593266 said:
    I heard PS3 will only be getting mono mixes of the Jimi tracks, whereas Xbox will get stereo.
    Sweet, mono is more authentic.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    the people who stated this were just trying to rile people up more

    jeeze, dont believe everything the trolls tell you
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    onduvalst;3593271 said:
    Sweet, mono is more authentic.
    It's in black and white too
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3593277 said:
    It's in black and white too
    Awesome! It'll be like watching it on TV back in '67
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3593274 said:
    the people who stated this were just trying to rile people up more

    jeeze, dont believe everything the trolls tell you
    davidshek;3592652 said:
    It'll be even worse (better?) if songs that are $1 get bumped up to $2 (or $2 to $3) to account for the extra costs incurred by the manual porting/QA/accounting that needs to be done on the PS3 side. That's when we'll reach critical mass here.
    But he said it was possible! He was just trolling?
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3593274 said:
    the people who stated this were just trying to rile people up more

    jeeze, dont believe everything the trolls tell you
    I thought the same way initially, but this was a respected forum goer. So I had to ask. One wouldn't expect trolling from this type of person.
  • TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3593289 said:
    I thought the same way initially, but this was a respected forum goer. So I had to ask. One wouldn't expect trolling from this type of person.
    right, because forum goers know everything
    they work for HMX
    they know the truth all the time

    dont care how respected someone is in a forum community, if they dont have the facts, they dont have the facts

    also add in the fact even the best forum goers are getting a bit agresive about the no rbn on ps3 situation and are starting to become unreasonable in their posts about it
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    TheKrazyKatzzz;3593291 said:
    if != is
    could != will be

    My concerns are not lessened.
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    It wasn't really trolling, he was just making wild assumptions based on no knowledge.

    P.S. It's a shame the Jimi Hendrix guitar parts will be left out of the PS3 versions due to the alignment of the planets.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3593302 said:
    It wasn't really trolling, he was just making wild assumptions based on no knowledge.

    P.S. It's a shame the Jimi Hendrix guitar parts will be left out of the PS3 versions due to the alignment of the planets.
    Crap! and Mars won't be seen again till 2011!
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    And there Ain't No Telling when Mercury will be back!

    Ba dum chiccch!
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Okay, I'm really worried about this because the person who said it actually does have a band on RBN and does authoring. What if the 3.00 songs come over and are 4.00? The band's decide pricing and he has a band so can he make 4.00 songs?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Guys, what if due to a mastering error, all the drum tracks on next weeks songs are replaced with drum tracks from the White Stripes songs, "We Will Rock You", "Ride a White Swan", and "Polly"?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    This is the best thread ever.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    onduvalst;3593379 said:
    Okay, I'm really worried about this because the person who said it actually does have a band on RBN and does authoring. What if the 3.00 songs come over and are 4.00? The band's decide pricing and he has a band so can he make 4.00 songs?
    If you're being serious (not sure, since you were sarcastic with other posts), I don't see this happening. HMX knows there will be a backlash if this happens, and people wouldn't buy it enough to make the conversion worth it.

    Of course, I don't know for sure, but my bet is the prices will be the same.
    SirDavidTLynch;3593393 said:
    Guys, what if due to a mastering error, all the drum tracks on next weeks songs are replaced with drum tracks from the White Stripes songs, "We Will Rock You", "Ride a White Swan", and "Polly"?
    Hey, now. I like Ride a White Swan on drums. It's a good, chill out, cool down from playing crazy hard drum songs kind of song. :p
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Wow...as if there wasn't alraedy enough unneccesary panic about RBN song prices as it was.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3593286 said:
    It'll be even worse (better?) IF songs that are $1 get bumped up to $2 (or $2 to $3) to account for the extra costs incurred by the manual porting/QA/accounting that needs to be done on the PS3 side. That's when we'll reach critical mass here.
    If, not when.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3593540 said:
    This is the best thread ever.
    Glad you are a drummer, you would make a poor programmer :p

    Shame I am poor drummer :D
This discussion has been closed.