What Happened to MusicGameAuthors?

Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So, when RBN was first announced, MusicGameAuthors was one of the first charting companies to pop up. They signed some pretty amazing artists like Graveyard BBQ and Spock's Beard.

As of now, they have no songs on the Creators' Site (and don't even appear to have an account on there) and there's been no updates on their website or Twitter for quite a while.

A few of the people listed as members on the MGA website have accounts on here and post here quite regularly, so it would be great if they could possibly clear up what's going on here, as I know that many of us were excited for the artists they had signed.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    There was a thread about this on the creator forums, and nobody seems to know.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Must have graveyard bbq
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    They probably just don't have any new clients. Sometimes it's slow like that.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    GeneralGilliam;3594919 said:
    They probably just don't have any new clients. Sometimes it's slow like that.
    But they haven't submitted anything to the Creators site for playtesting and don't have accounts. That's not nothing a there's nothing new to announce that's not doing anything.
    edited March 2010
    OH, they never submitted the Graveyard BBQ tracks and stuff they had originally announced? IDK, scam maybe?
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I was wondering about them too - they had quite a few good bands signed on, including Joel Plaskett.
    edited March 2010
    Did they charge a % of royalties or cash? if cash, chances are they're scam artists.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    GeneralGilliam;3594982 said:
    Did they charge a % of royalties or cash? if cash, chances are they're scam artists.
    They were going to split the profits.

Also, several members of this forum are supposedly members of MGA, such as MarsPhoenix, Alvarado and LoopyChew.
    edited March 2010
    Damn, who knows, hopefully someone from there will clear this up.
  • HendrixxHendrixx Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I too was wondering about this the other day. In the run-up to the RBN, MGA were on here promoting their signed artists. But for a few months all has gone dark.

Spooky...
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This is why they NEEDED to charge cash instead of profit sharing. Likely, with no cash coming in, it wasn't really worth the time to author.
    edited March 2010
    SequenceF;3595109 said:
    This is why they NEEDED to charge cash instead of profit sharing. Likely, with no cash coming in, it wasn't really worth the time to author.
    I guess. Still, it's annoying not knowing what's going on when they signed Graveyard BBQ and Spock's Beard, 2 bands that I, and many others were very excited about.
  • AMac2002AMac2002 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Nooooo, I wanted Joel Plaskett so bad...
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    GeneralGilliam;3594982 said:
    Way to jump to conclusions :rolleyes:

Anyway ... As a former author for MGA I figured I would chime in and update everyone on MGA's status. As one of the first authors hired at MGA I feel I am in a suitable position to announce this.

MGA is probably no more, The business side of things just never got rolling ... So the remaining authors just left, I and DracoSonorus were picked up by RGS ... Marsphoenix will probably be joining us in the future. I am not sure what happened to the bands but all of them we're un-contracted so they will probably be snapped up by other authoring groups very quickly.

My apologies to anyone looking forward to any bands MGA had on their roster, Hopefully they will still be seen in the future.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    wesjett08;3595346 said:
    Way to jump to conclusions :rolleyes:

Anyway ... As a former author for MGA I figured I would chime in and update everyone on MGA's status. As one of the first authors hired at MGA I feel I am in a suitable position to announce this.

MGA is probably no more, The business side of things just never got rolling ... So the remaining authors just left, I and DracoSonorus were picked up by RGS ... Marsphoenix will probably be joining us in the future. I am not sure what happened to the bands but all of them we're un-contracted so they will probably be snapped up by other authoring groups very quickly.

My apologies to anyone looking forward to any bands MGA had on their roster, Hopefully they will still be seen in the future.
    Crap....that's a lot of bands. :(

I'll wait for something official from somebody at MGA before taking those bands out of the Prospective Songs List......(I was wondering what had happened to those bands, too)
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    fingers crossed for watchtower finding a new authoring group... maybe i need to e-mail them myself and see what's up.
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm working on making sure all the bands get a good home. Don't worry about emailing those bands right now, because I'm taking care of that (I was part of MGA too. There's a lot of inconveniences and bad luck behind all of this).

Please be patient with me; I'm working on it. Thanks for the concern, guys.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Do keep us posted, then. I don't mind the wait, simply the not knowing anything. If these bands find a home, then all is well. :)
    edited March 2010
    MarsPhoenix;3595894 said:
    I'm working on making sure all the bands get a good home. Don't worry about emailing those bands right now, because I'm taking care of that (I was part of MGA too. There's a lot of inconveniences and bad luck behind all of this).

Please be patient with me; I'm working on it. Thanks for the concern, guys.
    Thanks for the update; I'm really looking forward to Graveyard BBQ, so it's good to hear there's still a chance of them coming to RBN.
    edited March 2010
    Hey, if you need an author for some bands, send some my way. I've got some free slots open now and it would be awesome to fill them with bands like Graveyard BBQ! my email is, well I'll PM you if you want to send some my way lol
  • vitamins999vitamins999 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Nooooooo Spock's Beard!

They were my number 1 most anticipated RBN prospective. This is a shame.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3595668 said:
    Crap....that's a lot of bands. :(

I'll wait for something official from somebody at MGA before taking those bands out of the Prospective Songs List......(I was wondering what had happened to those bands, too)
    Me and Mars are about the only 'Official' people from MGA you will hear from ... Just FYI.