Why can't i play RBN songs on RB1?

GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I downloaded Push Push (Lady Lightning) from Xbox.com last night and found out I couldn't play it on RB1. Why?

Comments

• SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I guess they have to patch the game in order to support a new song type (RBN songs aren't thrown in with other DLC). A better question is why do you still play Rock Band 1? You can probably find the second one pretty cheap these days.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Rock Band 1 only searches the Rock Band 1 directory for song files. RBN files are stored in the Rock Band 2 directory. As SirDavid suggests, it would require a title update and we are far past the point where we can expect full support for obsolete titles.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I doubt they will patch RB1 to play RBN songs since theoretically, you should only be able to download them from the RBN store... which is only accessible from the RB2 disc.

Maybe HMX shouldn't include links to the MSplace store...
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kitlerc;3595420 said:
    Maybe HMX shouldn't include links to the MSplace store...
    The link on the marketplace says it's for Rock Band 2 so it's not their fault if someone expects to be able to play it on Rock Band 1.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3595140 said:
    A better question is why do you still play Rock Band 1? You can probably find the second one pretty cheap these days.
    My brother came home for a week from working at disney and threw a party with 30+ high school to college age kids, kid bumps the xbox with RB2 in it pretty hard, you know the rest. And now my parents refuse to buy a second RB2 claiming that they don't need another RB2, even though it's the first disc.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Save up your money and buy it yourself.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    GreatJedi7;3596359 said:
    My brother came home for a week from working at disney and threw a party with 30+ high school to college age kids, kid bumps the xbox with RB2 in it pretty hard, you know the rest. And now my parents refuse to buy a second RB2 claiming that they don't need another RB2, even though it's the first disc.
    yeah, you should be able to find it fairly cheap disc only at this point, its been out more then long enough

your own money is definately the way to go
    and if your not willing to, then well, i hate to say it, thats on you