Who here was at PAX?

Minots59Minots59 Opening Act
edited April 2010 in Rock Band
Well, I'm still there waiting in line for the closing ceremonies. But if you where here what did you think of it? Were you able to play a song at the Rock Band Lounge? My brothers and I went up and played Fear of the Dark last night. If anyone was there they were the ones jumping up and down and I was playing drums.

Comments

• FineAgedTequilaFineAgedTequila Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Awesome stuff! I was at PAX this weekend and got to chill at the RB Lounge. I'm always impressed at how good people are at the game, fun times all around
  • Lylax_9Lylax_9 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Sounds fun, I wan't there. Did they mention any news about Green Day:Rock Band?
  • Minots59Minots59 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Lylax_9;3596783 said:
    Sounds fun, I wan't there. Did they mention any news about Green Day:Rock Band?
    No new information. Though they did have a small build of the game with 5 songs or so on it. But yea, that was pretty awesome.
  • Wazzup4567Wazzup4567 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Minots59;3596850 said:
    No new information. Though they did have a small build of the game with 5 songs or so on it. But yea, that was pretty awesome.
    What songs? The already announced ones? Were they easy? (Sorry that im so quizzical, i really want to play GDRB.)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited March 2010
    I only spend a few minutes in the Rock Band Lounge (it had a really cool atmosphere, but there was a line to play and I wasn't in the mood). I did catch their panel this morning. Pretty cool Q&A... I thought about taking that opportunity to pester them further about the missing Beatles beards, but I decided against it
  • Lylax_9Lylax_9 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Wazzup4567;3596944 said:
    What songs? The already announced ones? Were they easy? (Sorry that im so quizzical, i really want to play GDRB.)
    So do I! My guess is that they were the already announced ones and that, that set of songs will end up being the Bullet In a Bible venue of the game.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    Wazzup4567;3596944 said:
    They announced those first six songs so that they could play those six songs at PAX
  • bounchfxbounchfx Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I was there...of course :). Played one song per day. 'That's What You Get'/'Hallowed Be Thy Name'/'Thrasher' (for the Thrasher challenge).

It was definitely awesome, and is always a pleasure to have the opportunity to rock out with the crew.
  • Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Did Harmonix give any noteworthy info at their panel?
    edited March 2010
    Icyjoe14;3597551 said:
    Did Harmonix give any noteworthy info at their panel?
    Besides what everyone else has been saying about the harmonies, not much else.
  • XShagrathXShagrath Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    bounchfx;3597323 said:
    Yeah, I was there...of course :). Played one song per day. 'That's What You Get'/'Hallowed Be Thy Name'/'Thrasher' (for the Thrasher challenge).

It was definitely awesome, and is always a pleasure to have the opportunity to rock out with the crew.
    Yeah, man. We definitely rocked that place pretty damn hard! Definitely good times, man.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey all - thanks so much for hanging out in our lounge! I had such a blast meeting you all and rocking out. We'll be posting photos soon on our flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmxcommunity and we'd love to see any that you have too!
  • BriGuyBriGuy Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    PAX was incredible!! I was there the whole weekend and still didn't get to see half the stuff I went there for. I went to a bunch of the concerts including the HMX band charity concert night at the Middle East club. I gotta say that That Handsome Devil was awesome! I unfortunately missed out on the Harmonix panel on Sunday morning because I was still soundly passed out from the night before (too many Rigopulopters!) (thanks Tobias for the pic)

I also followed all of my ScoreHero pals doing their thing in the Rock Band competition. Some of the best players in the world came and they did not dissapoint. In the end, vVv Adrenaline beat out InterroBang in the final tiebreaker song chosen by the PAX enforcers (Lady GaGa's Bad Romance!?)

The Rock Band Lounge area was really sweet despite being in a liquor-free bar area (such a tease!) I was psyched to get to play with the ultra-premium Fender Stratocaster guitar controllers which were REALLY nice. While my performance was great, I couldn't hold a candle to the likes of the Ghostbusters performing their own song, or DoucheNozzle performing Gay Bar (epic video)

Overall it was a fantastic time and I was really happy to meet everyone and play a ton of really cool games. A BIG thank you goes out to everyone at Harmonix for their heroic efforts.
    edited March 2010
    HMXThrasher;3598956 said:
    Hey all - thanks so much for hanging out in our lounge! I had such a blast meeting you all and rocking out. We'll be posting photos soon on our flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmxcommunity and we'd love to see any that you have too!
    Can't wait to see the pics! Maybe next time I'll win that oh so awesome HMX Swag bag.
    edited March 2010
    I wish I had spent more time in the RB lounge. There was just so much to see and do at PAX that I didn't have the time to just hang around... I did really enjoy the "Awkward Hour" panel.
  • HMXDungHeaverHMXDungHeaver Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2010
    I was there. Saw a lot of you forum people. Great times all around :)
    Minots59;3596672 said:
    Well, I'm still there waiting in line for the closing ceremonies. But if you where here what did you think of it? Were you able to play a song at the Rock Band Lounge? My brothers and I went up and played Fear of the Dark last night. If anyone was there they were the ones jumping up and down and I was playing drums.
    I remember your 'Fear of the Dark'. Was quite awesome. Singer's eye patch was badass.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    HMXDungHeaver;3600671 said:
    I was there. Saw a lot of you forum people. Great times all around :)
    You were?? Dammit, I met a bunch of HMXers, but not you :(
    edited March 2010
    HMXDungHeaver;3600671 said:
    I remember your 'Fear of the Dark'. Was quite awesome. Singer's eye patch was badass.
    Haha yea my brother can be funny at times as well as quite strange.
  • XShagrathXShagrath Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I would love it if someone captured a video performance of our Stick Stickly performance from Friday. I have a newfound respect for anyone who can do prolonged crabcore. My quads were aching for the rest of the show.
    edited March 2010
    Free Xbox Live PAX East avatar hoodie codes!

Male: CMFRF-2PJW3-XRRTC-TPVH6-G3MJB
    Female: CKGMQ-MWD3D-3D7T6-9FWXP-CXP9M

Male: DW3XJ-4GVWK-4VJCH-84JBG-VQ8RQ
    Female: K39W7-KQTDP-K3BR9-MMBFJ-478QD

Male: XRG8P-VJV4Y-9QRYT-DH2XV-BTQB6
    Female: QB97V-8VGK7-6F7H4-FKPWH-P8TXT

I'll post more later on here and Twitter. :)
  • jon4coldplayjon4coldplay Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I was there on Saturday and Sunday, and hung out in the Rock Band lounge on both days. On Sunday me and my friend went on the stage and played "Fell In Love With A Girl" just the two of us. I did voxtar while my friend, who had never played RB drums before, played expert drums. The song has no bass part, and while we did tell everyone, we kept being asked if we needed one. I would love it if someone has a picture or video, or even if they were there and remember seeing it. I had a hell of a lot of fun.
    edited March 2010
    Some PAX pictures, and pictures from the Harmonix showcase the night before (Death of the Cool, That Handsome Devil, The Konks, Anarchy Club, and The Main Drag):
    http://bit.ly/aeBa1U
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    I was there and loved the lounge, wish I could have spent more time in there but alas, there was so much else to see as well that I was only able to catch a few songs.

I was definitely impressed by the level of play, motivates me to keep practicing and get a lot better
  • edited March 2010
    Minots59;3596672 said:
    I was in the lounge and saw Fear of the Dark. Great job with the synchronized bouncing around. Met up with a lot of forum and community members who were all awesome to see in person.

As far as PAX, what did I think of it? Great exhibits and great people. I enjoyed myself. It did show that it was their first time in the city. I felt it was *way* too crowded for what the venue could support.

Also the panels, a highlight of the show, were not supported very well. When you have 5,000 people fighting for 1,000 seats, it is a recipe for disaster. I wish they had better contingency for that... either with larger seating, or taping/broadcasting the panel outside.
    edited March 2010
    Apples;3601968 said:
    As far as PAX, what did I think of it? Great exhibits and great people. I enjoyed myself. It did show that it was their first time in the city. I felt it was *way* too crowded for what the venue could support. .
    The good news is that next year they are holding it at the much larger convention center.

The bad news is that the convention center is a lot more remote so there won't be bars and restaurants nearby
  • itzmekimitzmekim Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    hey um yea i thought i posted here but can some one please send me 2 Male codes And 1 Female code to this email address
  • itzmekimitzmekim Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    [email]trepsbait123@hotmail.com[/email]
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3601813 said:
    Some PAX pictures, and pictures from the Harmonix showcase the night before (Death of the Cool, That Handsome Devil, The Konks, Anarchy Club, and The Main Drag):
    http://bit.ly/aeBa1U
    It's pretty awesome when I can see myself in some of those pictures. I remember when that guy from TellTale games was walking around handing out pins because he didn't want to take them on the airplane haha. I still have mine on my lanyard.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I was there as well, although I didn't spend much time in the RB lounge since I was a red-shirt this time, and my shift was 3-9.

However, while I didn't spend a lot of time there, I did spend a lot of money. On Saturday, when I could actually show up for the first time, I dropped $60 on raffle tickets and got to cut the line. What did I do? Thrasher challenge (wearing the shirt right now). Then I played with my friend, who dropped $100, on "Pride and Joy". Ran into S1ckH4nds and briefly talked with him (had to go back to work).

Sunday, went to the Awkward Hour, hit the exhibition hall a little bit. Came back to the lounge, saw on Twitter that Thrasher destroyed her voice (sorry) so no more Thrasher challenge...but Pope was doing a Painkiller challenge. First person to take it up? This guy. It was so awesome one of Drake's drumsticks couldn't even handle it, and a good 4" part of the tip launched itself towards me.

Sadly, that was the end of my RB time there, as I had to go back to work and the convention had to stop going eventually.