Recommended Authoring company?

weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
First off, this is not meant to start a company war of any sort, I'm simply just wondering if you guys can recommend me a good and accurate charting group, or "more efficient" authoring group. I appreciate it! :)

Comments

  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    It really depends on who it's for.

    RockGamer is my favorite but I think they only do the up-front fee type of deal, so for an unsigned act that would probably not be the way to go.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3597222 said:
    It really depends on who it's for.

    RockGamer is my favorite but I think they only do the up-front fee type of deal, so for an unsigned act that would probably not be the way to go.
    RockGamer does offer both upfront and profit-sharing as I recall; their fee method is perhaps more popularized due to their 2-for-1 promotion.

    Personally, RockGamer is my favorite, although they are hardly the only good authoring company. Rhythm Authors is also excellent, and other authoring companies are only getting better and better as they chart and refine more songs.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    RockGamer is my favorite. Everything I've gotten from them so far has been great.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I like TheAuthority's work.
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    So I take it that RockGamer is very good. Which songs are made by them? What about RythmAuthors? They seem really accurate in their charts.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3597421 said:
    So I take it that RockGamer is very good. Which songs are made by them?
    They did some of the Jonathan Coulton songs (Creepy Doll for sure, not The Future Soon since HMX did that... unsure of the other two) and they did the two Amberian Dawn songs. They did others too, but those are off the top of my head.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    They did like half of the top 30 most downloaded tracks
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited March 2010
    Again, to clarify, we did not do the entirety of Jonathan Coulton's output. We only authored "Creepy Doll" out of the tracks that are currently available, and are currently working on "Shop Vac".

    Other than that, "Ikea" was authored by Rhythm Authors, "The Future Soon" was authored by HarmonixAuthors, and "Code Monkey" was authored by Noisy Puppet Studios.

    For a comprehensive list of which songs we have authored, you can either view our Songs page on our website (which, admittedly, is a few days out of date since most of us were attending PAX), or view the in-game Rock Band Network store and sort by author -- scroll down to R, then to "RockGamer".

    A brief list of some of the more popular songs we've authored to date:

    - Amberian Dawn, "He Sleeps in a Grove" and "River of Tuoni"
    - Attack Attack!, "Stick Stickly"
    - Ballyhoo!, "Cali Girl"
    - Bang Camaro, "Push Push (Lady Lightning)"
    - Between the Buried and Me, "Mordecai"
    - Children of Nova, "The Complexity of Light"
    - Clutch, "50,000 Unstoppable Watts"
    - Despised Icon, "Day of Mourning"
    - Five Finger Death Punch, "Burn it Down"
    - Flight of the Conchords, "Business Time"
    - Flogging Molly, "Drunken Lullabies (Live)" and "Requiem for a Dying Song"
    - Jonathan Coulton, "Creepy Doll"
    - Senses Fail, "Lady in a Blue Dress"
    - Skindred, "Stand for Something"
    - Texas in July, "Elements" and "Hook, Line, and Sinner"
    - Third Eye Blind, "Never Let You Go '09"
    - Tijuana Sweetheart, "Trash Candy"
    - Unearth, "We Are Not Anonymous"

    ...and dozens more. :)
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3597527 said:
    Again, to clarify, we did not do the entirety of Jonathan Coulton's output. We only authored "Creepy Doll" out of the tracks that are currently available, and are currently working on "Shop Vac".

    Other than that, "Ikea" was authored by Rhythm Authors, "The Future Soon" was authored by HarmonixAuthors, and "Code Monkey" was authored by Noisy Puppet Studios.

    For a comprehensive list of which songs we have authored, you can either view our Songs page on our website (which, admittedly, is a few days out of date since most of us were attending PAX), or view the in-game Rock Band Network store and sort by author -- scroll down to R, then to "RockGamer".

    A brief list of some of the more popular songs we've authored to date:

    - Amberian Dawn, "He Sleeps in a Grove" and "River of Tuoni"
    - Attack Attack!, "Stick Stickly"
    - Ballyhoo!, "Cali Girl"
    - Bang Camaro, "Push Push (Lady Lightning)"
    - Between the Buried and Me, "Mordecai"
    - Children of Nova, "The Complexity of Light"
    - Clutch, "50,000 Unstoppable Watts"
    - Despised Icon, "Day of Mourning"
    - Five Finger Death Punch, "Burn it Down"
    - Flight of the Conchords, "Business Time"
    - Flogging Molly, "Drunken Lullabies (Live)" and "Requiem for a Dying Song"
    - Jonathan Coulton, "Creepy Doll"
    - Senses Fail, "Lady in a Blue Dress"
    - Skindred, "Stand for Something"
    - Texas in July, "Elements" and "Hook, Line, and Sinner"
    - Third Eye Blind, "Never Let You Go '09"
    - Tijuana Sweetheart, "Trash Candy"
    - Unearth, "We Are Not Anonymous"

    ...and dozens more. :)
    Hmm I never knew you were part of RockGamer, I always thought you were with RythmAuthors...
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    there are a couple that i find to be really good, Rock Gamer and Rhythm Authors come to mind. it really depends on what youre looking for, I find Rhythm Authors has very fun charts that have new and different charting patterns that we havent seen before while Rock Gamer (to me) feels more like a true HMX made chart, I love both though ...... the Wave Group songs are charted very well........some of them the mixing is off though

    also they dont have any released songs yet (give it a couple days) but the Fauxharmonic songs sound great and are charted VERY well
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3597211 said:
    First off, this is not meant to start a company war of any sort, I'm simply just wondering if you guys can recommend me a good and accurate charting group, or "more efficient" authoring group. I appreciate it! :)
    Something to keep in mind: An authoring company does more than just authoring the charts.

    The one that really sticks out for us is the mixing that Rhythm Authors did for "Rx". The first time I played the playtest track for the band when they were at my house for practice, they were all completely blown away with how good the mix for the game was. In fact, they liked it so much that we're considering using THAT mix for the new CD instead of the mix we originally got from the studio. Yes, it's that good.

    So not only was the authoring of the charts hyper-accurate, the quality of their audio work is beyond reproach. I can't say enough good things about them. :)
    broncosfan06;3597754 said:
    also they dont have any released songs yet (give it a couple days) but the Fauxharmonic songs sound great and are charted VERY well
    Fauxharmonic is not an authoring company. That's an artist, they're just self-authoring.
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3597527 said:
    Again, to clarify, we did not do the entirety of Jonathan Coulton's output. We only authored "Creepy Doll" out of the tracks that are currently available, and are currently working on "Shop Vac".

    Other than that, "Ikea" was authored by Rhythm Authors, "The Future Soon" was authored by HarmonixAuthors, and "Code Monkey" was authored by Noisy Puppet Studios.

    For a comprehensive list of which songs we have authored, you can either view our Songs page on our website (which, admittedly, is a few days out of date since most of us were attending PAX), or view the in-game Rock Band Network store and sort by author -- scroll down to R, then to "RockGamer".

    A brief list of some of the more popular songs we've authored to date:

    - Amberian Dawn, "He Sleeps in a Grove" and "River of Tuoni"
    - Attack Attack!, "Stick Stickly"
    - Ballyhoo!, "Cali Girl"
    - Bang Camaro, "Push Push (Lady Lightning)"
    - Between the Buried and Me, "Mordecai"
    - Children of Nova, "The Complexity of Light"
    - Clutch, "50,000 Unstoppable Watts"
    - Despised Icon, "Day of Mourning"
    - Five Finger Death Punch, "Burn it Down"
    - Flight of the Conchords, "Business Time"
    - Flogging Molly, "Drunken Lullabies (Live)" and "Requiem for a Dying Song"
    - Jonathan Coulton, "Creepy Doll"
    - Senses Fail, "Lady in a Blue Dress"
    - Skindred, "Stand for Something"
    - Texas in July, "Elements" and "Hook, Line, and Sinner"
    - Third Eye Blind, "Never Let You Go '09"
    - Tijuana Sweetheart, "Trash Candy"
    - Unearth, "We Are Not Anonymous"

    ...and dozens more. :)
    Damn, your mix of Creepy Doll was as good as anything HMX has put out. Incredibly professional work with a crystal clear mix.

    In fact, all of the Coulton songs were done very well and it wasn't until just now that I realized different authors had charted them.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3597782 said:

    Fauxharmonic is not an authoring company. That's an artist, they're just self-authoring.
    Indeed but theyre self authoring a lot of songs, and theyre pretty good at it :D
  • kuiosiklekuiosikle Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3597782 said:

    Fauxharmonic is not an authoring company. That's an artist, they're just self-authoring.
    They currently only have their own stuff in the pipeline, but they are offering authoring services. Scroll down to "Composers: Get your music on Rock Band Network" on this page. I don't know how interested they are in non classical stuff though I'd imagine they might be game for other types of music.
  • rose_of_jerichorose_of_jericho Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    We just wanted to also say that our experience with Rhythm Authors has really been excellent. They are very top notch, professional guys and th quality of their product really speaks for itself.
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone happen to know who charted Mordecai by BTBAM?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3598760 said:
    Does anyone happen to know who charted Mordecai by BTBAM?
    RockGamer Studios.

    http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5001352

    You can go to http://www.rockband.com/music and type any published RBN song in the Search box. Once you click on the song name to bring up that song's page, you'll see the Track Author listed there.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    weeyoo;3598760 said:
    Does anyone happen to know who charted Mordecai by BTBAM?
    Rockgamer, quoted above a few posts ;)

    I also recommend Rockgamer, they are awesome!
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    While not an authoring company per se, Markleford did awesome work with our songs.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Being from Scorehero I have to give props to RhythmAuthors and RockGamer Studios \o/

    Also RA has some serious mastering talent under their belt care of katamakel (afaik)
Sign In or Register to comment.