Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind (Thank you RockGamer)

jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Edit: This was done by RockGamer Studios, but it still holds true to a point. I won't download any RBN song anymore without demoing. And they did a good job.

Note that I have not downloaded this full song. Waiting for it to officially go up on the RBN store in-game. But from the demo that I have played and the videos I've seen on YouTube to verify that the whole song is the same, I wanted to thank RockGamer. The problem that Semi-Charmed Life has with audio is NOT present in Never Let You Go. YAY! :) I will be buying this song as soon as it goes up on the in-game store. I promised I would buy songs that you release that I like and that sound good, so I will follow up on that promise.

To others who are curious, since it's a re-record, Stephan Jenkins does sing it quite a bit different. But other than that, the lyrics are the same and the instrumentals are pretty much the same. There's videos up on YouTube if you want to hear how he sings it different. Not linking here though, just in case I'm not supposed to.

Comments

• vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    um, dont think wavegroup authored that one

as wierd as it may seem, i believe all 3 teb songs are actualy done by different authors
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited March 2010
    Just to clarify, the several Third Eye Blind tracks that are up for download have been authored by different companies. For reference:

"Semi-Charmed Life '09" - WaveGroup
    "Never Let You Go '09" - RockGamer Studios
    "Jumper '09" - Rhythm Authors
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I believe the reason that the audio was great in "Never Let You Go" was because it was not authored by Wavegroup. Makes me pretty pissed that we are stuck with the terrible mixing on "Semi-Charmed Life" when we know what we could have had.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3597514 said:
    Just to clarify, the several Third Eye Blind tracks that are up for download have been authored by different companies. For reference:

Really? I thought I saw somebody referencing them as doing this. >_< Sorry S1ck. Either way, you guys did a good job. I'll fix my first post.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3597524 said:
    Really? I thought I saw somebody referencing them as doing this. >_< Sorry S1ck. Either way, you guys did a good job. I'll fix my first post.
    Ha ha, thanks. :) We knew you'd be looking forward to it (I've remembered you as wanting 3EB for, well, FOREVER), so we tried to do the best we possibly could!
  • RingoStaarRingoStaar Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I am glad that Never Let You Go was handled better than SCL. It is a shame that Little Black Backpack is as bad as it is, still cannot give wavegroup a second chance after that debacle.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure to pick this one up when it hits the RBN store (and when I reload on points). Everything looks and sounds fantastic!
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    TEB giving their masters to 3! different authors?!

What whores! :D
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I picked up NLYG over the weekend couldn't wait. It sounds great and can't wait for Jumper. Sidenote I only sing on RB and the sound on this song is good no volume problems.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Never Let You Go turned out great. I really can't wait for Jumper.

3EB ftw!
  • backwordsbackwords Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    i know i'm out of the loop, but i was naively hoping the 3rd song released would be the first single of the third album Blinded. I also heard that there was a total of 6 "older" songs rerecorded for Rockband :(. What is the exact percentage of chance that Blinded will be released ever?
  • SplyncSplync Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    As much as I want Jumper, I've heard that it's re-recording is bad. Hopefully the grapevine lied to me, because I really want to love the song in Rock Band.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Looking forward to Jumper also!
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3597514 said:

Woah, Woah, Woah! We have Jumper!!!! Be right back, downloading!
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited April 2010
    I have yet to legitimately play SCL on my own console. What is so wrong with the sound? :(
  • FrogmanFrogman Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Never Let you go is Awesome! and a blast to play!
    Semi Charmed Life is a blast to play as well but it's vocals are noticebly different. Doesnt really bother me and I can still enjoy the song. BUT it does bother me that no one noticed during the Peer Review sessions...Either that or Nobody listened.
  • BigDamnHeroBigDamnHero Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Oh man, more 3eb is always GOOD 3eb!! I can't wait until we get the rest of the scheduled songs up! And lets hope it doesn't end with those six! I want a lot of 3eb in my Rock Band! How about "God of Wine" next? :D
  • cRaZyBrOs2cRaZyBrOs2 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3612870 said:
    So you're the one responsible for the AMAZING charting of NLYG?? Thank you sooo much! I was even thinking, wow this is some of the best charting and production I've seen from the network. I've purchased about 9 songs now and this one was easily the best! Can't wait to see more from you and what are some other songs you've done so I can check those out?
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    RockGamer has done alot of the good ones.

http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/songs/

I'd recommend purchasing many songs authored by them.
  • cRaZyBrOs2cRaZyBrOs2 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Thanks man! I actually have a lot of his songs! I didn't even realize it.
  • KBeWellKBeWell Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3597514 said:

I just played "Semi-Charmed Life" on GH:VH (yeah, I know - I hate to mention them too), but found that the sound quality was much better than the RBN version. The quality on "Never Let You Go", downloaded on GH5, is comparable to the RBN version, but perhaps a little better. It's obvious that the same companies authoring these TEB tracks are using them for both GH and RB, but I don't know why "SLC" sounds a little better on the other game.

I was thrilled to find out they were releasing re-recordings of the songs, as I am a big fan. If they plan on putting the 6 tracks they said they were, then we have 4 to go. "Jumper" was a given; "Losing A Whole Year" probably will be one as it is DLC on GH. "Can You Take Me" might be another, but it's one of their newer songs. If the other 2 tracks will be older hits, I vote for "Graduate" and "Deep Inside Of You", but I'll take "How's It Going To Be" too.

BTW, "Remedy" by Seether on RBN was a shocker. That song could have been easily released as a regular track, or for Rock Band 3! Kudos to the Rock Band Network!
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Jumper sounded good to me during review.
  • agentcoop007agentcoop007 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    dmbdaw;3635252 said:
    Jumper sounded good to me during review.
    Can't wait for Jumper! also I went back and noticed that from the 3eb drummers tweet that of the 6 re-records they did these three remain...

Graduate
    Losing a Whole Year
    Motorcycle Driveby

Can anyone say they have seen these 3 in play testing/peer review?