I'm made of wax larry, what are you made of?

PonchoPoncho Rising Star
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I am just wondering how this song managed to get through playtesting? Seriously, I love the song so much, but the mix is horrible. It's extremely quiet and the Heyhm(sp?) is either gone or extremely quiet. It's not a huge deal, but I felt it help add to the build up. So now whenever I play it I just say it.

I just hate the fact that when this song comes on a playlist I have to get up and turn the volume up extremely high to hear it well, then sometimes I forget to turn it back down and the next song ear rapes me.

Comments

• weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I know what you mean. At first I thought I was going deaf because the songs volume was so low :rolleyes:

The vocals are extremely quiet too. How it got through playtesting is beyond me.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I do have one Q about the Expert Drums chart. I thought the outro was a roll on the snare? It's not a big deal either way, just curious.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3599352 said:
    I do have one Q about the Expert Drums chart. I thought the outro was a roll on the snare? It's not a big deal either way, just curious.
    It is, I forgot about that.
  • edited March 2010
    Poncho;3599325 said:
    I am just wondering how this song managed to get through playtesting? Seriously, I love the song so much, but the mix is horrible. It's extremely quiet and the Heyhm(sp?) is either gone or extremely quiet. It's not a huge deal, but I felt it help add to the build up. So now whenever I play it I just say it.

I just hate the fact that when this song comes on a playlist I have to get up and turn the volume up extremely high to hear it well, then sometimes I forget to turn it back down and the next song ear rapes me.
    First of all, let's not use a word as severe as "rape" in that context.
    Second, if you have issues with how a song turns out ingame then you should sign up for a creators account (if you don't have one) and join the playtesting community where you can discuss issues like audio quality on the appropriate forums.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    HMXThrasher;3599401 said:
    First of all, let's not use a word as severe as "rape" in that context.
    Second, if you have issues with how a song turns out ingame then you should sign up for a creators account (if you don't have one) and join the playtesting community where you can discuss issues like audio quality on the appropriate forums.
    My apologize, I always thought playtesting was an invite only feature.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    The song sounded okay to me in testing but I played the song isolated and always with my volume all the way up.

Later I tried the song along with a few other songs and playing on solo guitar, I definitely noticed the difference.

You also have to realize that everyone has different sound set ups and not everyone will hear the song mix the same.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3599460 said:
    The song sounded okay to me in testing but I played the song isolated and always with my volume all the way up.

Later I tried the song along with a few other songs and playing on solo guitar, I definitely noticed the difference.

You also have to realize that everyone has different sound set ups and not everyone will hear the song mix the same.
    it almost sounds like his issue is the TOTAL mix volume, being lower then your average song, something alot of us wont notice usualy cuz well....i know i for one am looking for how the instruments mesh with each other, and my volume is naturaly already high
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Poncho;3599427 said:
    My apologize, I always thought playtesting was an invite only feature.
    During the initial Closed Beta period, it was. But RBN has been officially in an "Open" state for several months now. :)
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    HMXThrasher;3599401 said:
    How and where can I do this? Also, is it free?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    itzJV;3600024 said:
    How and where can I do this? Also, is it free?
    http://creators.rockband.com/

A premium XNA membership is required to playtest. $49 for 4 months or $99 for a year. Yes, I know, it sucks that you have to pay, but it's a Microsoft thing. :)
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I wanted this song so bad, what a letdown. Hopefully these issued get fixed in the future.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone else have this and Downfall of Us All? When sorted by bands, both are put under a different A DAY TO REMEMBER.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    The Frisk;3611828 said:
    Does anyone else have this and Downfall of Us All? When sorted by bands, both are put under a different A DAY TO REMEMBER.
    yess I did find that to be a bit odd, is ATR the same, I can't recall right now.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    It is a difference in the capitalization. I'm pretty sure the normal dlc release had the band named as "A Day to Remember" and the RBN release named it "A Day To Remember." The capitalization of the word "to" makes the game engine think it's two different bands instead of the same.
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I noticed that and on Expert drums, the end is suppose to have a roll, they have like 5 notes instead. (looks like)