30 days since RBN. Does PS3 get it now?

PyrettablazePyrettablaze Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
They said songs would be exclusive to the xbox for 30 days. Next week marks the 30 day mark. Will we be seeing anything?

Comments

• nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    You should, but I cannot confirm
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Maybe, but probably not. I'm not saying this to bash the PS3, i own all consoles, but it's Sony who needs lots of time to put something online.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Sorry to say it, but don't count on it.
  • bonastrebonastre Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I can´t wait for KMFDM on RB2 for PS3!!!
    Please, Harmonix, think on Ps3 users!
  • Resident-SevenResident-Seven Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I seriously doubt we'll see anything for another month at least. :(

The RBN was a great idea in theory, but has not lived up to it at all. Only 1 console has it and only a handful of countries have it.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    Actually it hasn't been 30 days.

Its been about four weeks. Which isn't 30 days ;)

The store opened on March 4th(which is actually 4 weeks this Thursday).

I'd say the earliest you'll see content (and this is a big maybe) will be April 8th...seeing as how PSN only updates on Thursdays that is.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    April 8 sounds about right, and perfectly doable.
    Why is everyone so doubtful about that....? :confused:
    edited March 2010
    My big doubt is that yes they said there is a 30 day exclusive period, but I think there will be outside circumstances making the wait longer. While I fully expect some of the songs from March 4th to hit PSN on the 8th, I don't expect all of the March 4th songs that are coming to the PSN to hit on the 8th.

There were 104 songs released that day, lets say PSN gets half of those(for the sake of argument.).

Do you honestly think Sony is going to be able to approve 52 songs for one week?

I think it will be broken up into 10-18 song chunks and released over a period of time. A steady amount to be sure, but that means with their 1 day a week only release schedule it might take months for some of the songs to come out after they hit the RB store on 360 due to the bottle neck of the Sony(and Nintendo) approval process.

If they get 15 songs a week, and there's about 200 songs available right now we'll say they'll get a generous 3/4ths of the songs available. That'll mean it'll take 10 weeks just to get those 200.
    edited March 2010
    noble;3600492 said:

There were 104 songs released that day, lets say PSN gets half of those(for the sake of argument.).

Do you honestly think Sony is going to be able to approve 52 songs for one week?

Hey, most of us wouldn't have believed that Microsoft could have jammed 104 songs onto XBL in one day, but they did.

Like I said, it's doable. Microsoft proved that.
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3600493 said:
    Hey, most of us wouldn't have believed that Microsoft could have jammed 104 songs onto XBL in one day, but they did.

Like I said, it's doable. Microsoft proved that.

The reason that happened is because MS doesn't have any hands on with the songs going into the store. Once we approve them on the creator's site, they go into quarantine for HMX to look at to make sure there is no copyright/legal issues with the song.

Once they pass that HMX hits a button and they pop right up on the store. There is zero involvement with MS on the approval process.

Since there is no system like that for Sony/Nintendo the quality control team at Sony/Nintendo will have to approve each song(just like they do regular DLC).

So sure, they might shock me, but I just didn't want people to get super pissed off IF only a small fraction of the songs went up on the 8th.

For the record I honestly don't have any evidence I'm basing this off of. I'm just making speculation based on how strict PSN can be when it comes to looking at content(The Who super bowl medley being delayed for weeks due to their process is one example).

So this isn't me saying PSN is only getting x amount of songs a week. I honestly don't know. I'm just using past behavior from Sony to formulate a theory :)
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    noble;3600492 said:
    While I fully expect some of the songs from March 4th to hit PSN on the 8th, I don't expect all of the March 4th songs that are coming to the PSN to hit on the 8th.
    This. There were over 100 songs available within the first day of the service, and we're about ready to cross over to 200 in the next few days.

That's just too much content to convert over to the PS3 AND WII all at once. Not just for HMX to actually handle the creation of the files, but also to get through Sony and Nintendo's certification process.

30 days is the earliest that a song is elligible to be brought over, but it's overall success combined with additional technical or licsensing issues, will likely prevent EVERYTHING from coming over after that period of time.
    noble;3600497 said:
    but I just didn't want people to get super pissed off IF only a small fraction of the songs went up on the 8th.
    It doesn't matter what we say. Heck, HMX could say it right now and it won't stop people from flying off the handle the moment they only get a handful of songs instead of everything.

And unfortunately come the 8th that will likely be what a majority of discussion around here becomes.
    edited March 2010
    Well, even if they *could* port all 104 opening-day tracks over to PSN, all indications are that they won't, since it's always been officially stated that PS3 is getting a "Best of 360" compilation.

Still, I wonder why Sony (and maybe even Tendo) couldn't just accept XNA peer review as "good enough" QC, since Microsoft is essentially doing the same thing by placing their trust in the community. It would save Sony and Nintendo a lot of time, hassle and headache.
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3600522 said:
    Still, I wonder why Sony (and maybe even Tendo) couldn't just accept XNA peer review as "good enough" QC, since Microsoft is essentially doing the same thing by placing their trust in the community.
    Microsoft is doing it because that's all part of their XNA structure to begin with.

Sony/Nintendo have to cert the content on their own platforms. That's not something the RBN (or XNA) community is doing. Thus, it's not good enough. It's not a comment about the community, it's Sony/Nintendo covering their own liabilities by testing the software on their own hardware.
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3600533 said:
    Microsoft is doing it because that's all part of their XNA structure to begin with.

Sony/Nintendo have to cert the content on their own platforms. That's not something the RBN (or XNA) community is doing. Thus, it's not good enough. It's not a comment about the community, it's Sony/Nintendo covering their own liabilities by testing the software on their own hardware.
    Ah well. Pity.

Sony and Nintendo are going to have to step up and realize that music DLC is not the same horse as other DLC --- music DLC is much smaller than your typical map pack/campaign extension; it's released a lot more frequently; and it seems to me the format should be fairly universal by this point. I mean, it's just more songs, on the same RB or GH protocol as the hundreds/thousands before it.....why go through an agonizing from-scratch certification process on each and every new track?
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    How many of these thread do we need?

I almost guarantee songs won't be brought over after 30 days. 30 days is the MINIMUM.
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3600548 said:
    why go through an agonizing from-scratch certification process on each and every new track?
    Just ask whoever was responsiblie for testing The Who medley, since they found a bug on the PS3 version that delayed it almost a full month.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    Someone who said none of the following;3600506 said:

It doesn't matter what we say. Heck, HMX could say it right now and it won't stop people from flying off the handle the moment they only get a handful of songs instead of everything.

And unfortunately come the 8th that will likely be what a majority of discussion around here becomes.

Yup, those monsters who play rockband on the PS3 are going to destroy all of the wonderful unity and order on the boards, whether or not some possible event in the future occurs. Those ps3 players should all be banned from the boards. They're so unreasonable.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Pyrettablaze;3600460 said:
    They said songs would be exclusive to the xbox for 30 days. Next week marks the 30 day mark. Will we be seeing anything?
    no, you wont see anything
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3600615 said:
    Yup, those monsters who play rockband on the PS3 are going to destroy all of the wonderful unity and order on the boards, whether or not some possible event in the future occurs. Those ps3 players should all be banned from the boards. They're so unreasonable.
    It's a good thing nobody actually said any of that.
    vedis;3600618 said:
    no, you wont see anything
    But then again, they may see Everybody!
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I think it's going to be long before we see RBN...
  • PyrettablazePyrettablaze Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    No, they just sum it all up in a na na na boo boo post
    edited March 2010
    Pyrettablaze;3600627 said:
    No, they just sum it all up in a na na na boo boo post
    I'm still not sure what you're referring to in this thread.
    sillystou;3600624 said:
    I think it's going to be long before we see RBN...
    It all depends on what the agreement was between HMX and MS. Songs are exclusive to the 360 for 30 days...but does that mean HMX has to wait that long before they can even pass a song to Sony/Nintendo for certification or is that the earliest that it can actually appear for sale.

Because if it's the former, it could be another few weeks after the 8th that we could see the first songs trickling out.
  • PereiraPereira Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I am pretty sure that the number of threads asking for RBN songs to be on other consoles will have no effect on the date the songs actually reach other consoles. It'll come eventually, you'll have to make do with a mere 1,000 other songs to play, unless you're bored of those already.
    edited March 2010
    Pereira;3600639 said:
    I am pretty sure that the number of threads asking for RBN songs to be on other consoles will have no effect on the date the songs actually reach other consoles. It'll come eventually, you'll have to make do with a mere 1,000 other songs to play, unless you're bored of those already.
    sure it will

I heard every time someone posts a new thread it delays the releases another full week.
  • PereiraPereira Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3600642 said:
    sure it will

I heard every time someone posts a new thread it delays the releases another full week.
    That would explain why Snoop Dogg is taking so long too.
  • PyrettablazePyrettablaze Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Well, quite a few 360 users have the tone of "Oh well" and "Geez how many of these threads do we need". I have so much tied into the PS3 version so far that it will cost another 150 bux to switch over and quite a few of us have some DLC envy. I will most likely have to switch to my 360 when RB3 comes out and run a dual system when we have our parties. A shame really that everyone cannot enjoy the same content.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I've been patiently waiting quietly like a good like PS3'er since the RBN's launch, but I find it funny that quite a few 360 folks hate seeing these threads so much that they feel the need to storm into any thread with PS3 written in the title to taunt and/or condescend to the OP. It's just as unnecessary and actually more annoying than the PS3 folks who don't use the search function in the first place.

All PS3'ers are anxiously awaiting our "select" tracks (or even to see what that actually means), and you can bet that we'll see more of these threads in the next week. Sadly, it'll probably be a few more weeks until any are available.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3600642 said:
    sure it will

Pereira;3600646 said:
    That would explain why Snoop Dogg is taking so long too.
    Crap! Now we'll never see Pantera!
    edited March 2010
    war_lord;3600709 said:
    I've been patiently waiting quietly like a good like PS3'er since the RBN's launch, but I find it funny that quite a few 360 folks hate seeing these threads so much that they feel the need to storm into any thread with PS3 written in the title to taunt and/or condescend to the OP. It's just as unnecessary and actually more annoying than the PS3 folks who don't use the search function in the first place.

All PS3'ers are anxiously awaiting our "select" tracks (or even to see what that actually means), and you can bet that we'll see more of these threads in the next week. Sadly, it'll probably be a few more weeks until any are available.
    its not that we hate seeing THESE threads, but we hate seeing the same thread 5-6 times on the front page
    no one ever looks at whats there anymore they always just make new threads, so we gotta poke fun at them :)
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I don't think it has anything to do with MS exclusivity thingy...

I think it has to do with Sony's technology not being the same as Xbox. Which is why I think it's not coming soon.
This discussion has been closed.