RBN: Over 25,000 players served. Most active player: Bebedora

BongooBongoo Rising Star
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
The Leaderboards page at RockBandStats.com now has a RBN category.

Here are some stats from the Leaderboards page, plus some others from the Songs page:

----------------------------
# of RBN songs: 304
# of RBN scores: 378,807
Average # of scores per RBN song: 1,246
# of RBN players (all solo): 55,929
# of RBN guitarists: 39,187
# of RBN drummers: 24,661
# of RBN vocalists: 11,664
# of RBN bassists: 6,977
# of RBN bands: 17,712
Most active player (all solo): Bebedora (792 scores)
Most active guitarist: Akuryu (304 scores)
Most active drummer: Peridot Weapon (292 scores)
Most active vocalist: F4T4L M1ST4KE (189 scores)
Most active bassist: Titua Overdrive (289 scores)
Most active band: chisox (291 scores)
Highest scoring player (all solo): Bebedora (103,557,129 points)
Highest scoring guitarist: RealMessiah (36,923,632 points)
Highest scoring drummer: SideshowN (41,346,902 points)
Highest scoring vocalist: F4T4L M1ST4KE (33,620,287 points)
Highest scoring bassist: Titua Overdrive (27,757,152 points)
Highest scoring band: RALPH'S VOMIT DIVING EXPEDITION (71,076,454 points)
Most popular RBN song: Bodies, Drowning Pool (18,210 scores)
2nd most popular RBN song: Push Push (Lady Lightning), Bang Camaro (15,577 scores)
3rd most popular RBN song: Remedy, Seether (10,017 scores)
4th most popular RBN song: Semi-Charmed Life '09, Third Eye Blind (9,986 scores)
5th most popular RBN song: Code Monkey, Jonathan Coulton (9,690 scores)
6th most popular RBN song: Stick Stickly, Attack Attack! (9,356 scores)
7th most popular RBN song: Drunken Lullabies (Live), Flogging Molly (9,316 scores)
8th most popular RBN song: Burn it Down, Five Finger Death Punch (8,923 scores)
9th most popular RBN song: I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?, A Day To Remember (8,079 scores)
10th most popular RBN song: Business Time, Flight of the Conchords (7,063 scores)
11th most popular RBN song: Days Without, All That Remains (6,983 scores)
12th most popular RBN song: Forever In Your Hands, All That Remains (6,420 scores)
13th most popular RBN song: Even Rats, The Slip (5,823 scores)
14th most popular RBN song: Battle Royale, The Word Alive (5,672 scores)
15th most popular RBN song: The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room), Flight of the Conchords (5,620 scores)
16th most popular RBN song: We Are Not Anonymous, Unearth (5,466 scores)
17th most popular RBN song: Lady in a Blue Dress, Senses Fail (4,461 scores)
18th most popular RBN song: Mordecai, Between the Buried and Me (4,409 scores)
19th most popular RBN song: For the Love of God (Live), Steve Vai (4,233 scores)
20th most popular RBN song: Disengage, Suicide Silence (3,866 scores)
21st most popular RBN song: The Future Soon, Jonathan Coulton (3,849 scores)
22nd most popular RBN song: Survive, Lacuna Coil (3,691 scores)
23rd most popular RBN song: HTML Rulez D00d, The Devil Wears Prada (3,681 scores)
24th most popular RBN song: Little Black Backpack '09, Stroke 9 (3,659 scores)
25th most popular RBN song: Jumper '09, Third Eye Blind (3,618 scores)
26th most popular RBN song: Trippolette, Andrew Buch (3,563 scores)
27th most popular RBN song: Requiem for a Dying Song, Flogging Molly (3,553 scores)
28th most popular RBN song: Collapsing, Demon Hunter (3,540 scores)
29th most popular RBN song: He Sleeps in a Grove, Amberian Dawn (3,504 scores)
30th most popular RBN song: Australia, The Shins (3,289 scores)
31st most popular RBN song: The Complexity of Light, Children of Nova (3,287 scores)
32nd most popular RBN song: Never Let You Go '09, Third Eye Blind (3,242 scores)
33rd most popular RBN song: When I Get Home You're So Dead, Mayday Parade (3,148 scores)
34th most popular RBN song: Ikea, Jonathan Coulton (3,109 scores)
35th most popular RBN song: Elements, Texas in July (3,064 scores)
36th most popular RBN song: Approach the Podium, Winds of Plague (2,938 scores)
37th most popular RBN song: Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over, The Devil Wears Prada (2,916 scores)
38th most popular RBN song: Stand for Something, Skindred (2,873 scores)
39th most popular RBN song: Creepy Doll, Jonathan Coulton (2,834 scores)
40th most popular RBN song: Hook, Line, and Sinner, Texas in July (2,800 scores)
41st most popular RBN song: Paralyzer, Finger Eleven (2,752 scores)
42nd most popular RBN song: Battles and Brotherhood, 3 Inches of Blood (2,662 scores)
43rd most popular RBN song: Mechanical Love, In This Moment (2,653 scores)
44th most popular RBN song: Juke Joint Jezebel, KMFDM (2,577 scores)
45th most popular RBN song: Undone, All That Remains (2,558 scores)
46st most popular RBN song: Top Back, Alias Unknown (2,515 scores)
47th most popular RBN song: Descend Into the Eternal Pits of Possession, The Project Hate MCMXCIX
(2,495 scores)
48th most popular RBN song: Day of Mourning, Despised Icon (2,418 scores)
49th most popular RBN song: The Attitude Song, Steve Vai (2,207 scores)
50th most popular RBN song: Get the Hell Out of Here, Steve Vai (2,203 scores)

Comments

• sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Hey I'm ranked 8th, lmao.
  • big art cabrerabig art cabrera Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Cool my band is the most active and i have the highest total score for drummers!
  • BebedoraBebedora Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Wow, I'm surprised that I'm most active, as I don't even have all the songs.

Thanks for the stat report Bongoo! :)
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I was out for 2 weeks from playing drums so my RBN drumming took a shot in the back. I shall take the drumming crown.
  • BongooBongoo Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Updated stats: 7 new songs tracked.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Why do so many of the people at the top of the list have way more songs played than have been released via RBN?
    edited April 2010
    RealMessiah;3607645 said:
    Why do so many of the people at the top of the list have way more songs played than have been released via RBN?
    The link in the original post goes to the "All Solo" Leaderboards page, combining scores for guitar, drums, vocals and bass. Change the "Select instrument" value to see the other rankings. For example, this page shows the guitar leaderboards where you are #1.
    edited April 2010
    Bongoo;3607657 said:
    The link in the original post goes to the "All Solo" Leaderboards page, combining scores for guitar, drums, vocals and bass. Change the "Select instrument" value to see the other rankings. For example, this page shows the guitar leaderboards where you are #1.
    Aha. Thank you. I did not notice that.
    edited April 2010
    Stats updated. I added the top 10 songs instead of the top 3.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Wow. Looking at the top 10 songs, I have absolutely 0 of them. Still it's good to know RBN has taken off so well.
    edited April 2010
    Updated stats: 9 new songs tracked.
  • EVIL DAVEEVIL DAVE Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Great stats! I haven't contributed to these numbers (yet) due to my lack of points, but I plan on purchasing RBN tracks after I get the Hendrix album.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the great site Bongoo, keep it up!
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I didn't know there was an ATR song on RBN?!
    I look forward to buying Flogging Molly songs and Push Push Lady Lightning if they come to PS3
    edited April 2010
    SideshowN;3627087 said:
    Thanks for the great site Bongoo, keep it up!
    No problem! Congrats on your Hall of Fame status! :)
    edited April 2010
    How is "All Songs" defined. I only ask because the highest number of songs played in the All Songs category on guitar is around 1,120.

I have played well over 1,300 at this point myself. (no, I am not including The Beattles)

Does All Songs not include RBN?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    RealMessiah;3629199 said:
    How is "All Songs" defined. I only ask because the highest number of songs played in the All Songs category on guitar is around 1,120.

I have played well over 1,300 at this point myself. (no, I am not including The Beattles)

Does All Songs not include RBN?
    The site is one of the slowest around to update... ive seen it take a good week to update scores so its likely thats the reason for this.
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3629213 said:
    its likely thats the reason for this.
    No, update times have nothing to do with how the "All Songs" category is defined.

I've been gradually increasing the range (currently the top 30,000, next update will have the top 50,000), and even with more scores (ex: 142 million scores from 3.9 million players and bands in the next update), the website now takes roughly half a week to update. Harmonix created a Leaderboards API which makes things much faster now (can take a day or two to gather that many scores vs. more than a week before).

What sets RockBandStats.com apart is the comprehensive expanded Leaderboards. I now calculate 120 multi-song Leaderboards for each cycle (4 Console types x 6 Instrument types x 5 Song Format types). To give an example, the "All Consoles - All Solo - All Songs" Leaderboard will have more than 2.1 million players in the next update, and that is just 1 of 120 multi-song Leaderboards that are calculated every cycle. I could have an update every day or two without Leaderboards, but I think extending the update time to half a week to have all these Leaderboards is definitely worth it.
    RealMessiah;3629199 said:
    How is "All Songs" defined.
    - "All Songs - 360" includes RBN songs
    - "All Songs - All Consoles" doesn't include RBN songs to keep it fair for PS3 and Wii owners

The RBN songs that are released for the other consoles will be included in the "All Songs - All Consoles" category.
  • Day_0f_ReckoningDay_0f_Reckoning Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    hmm interesting im ranked 1st for Rx's vocals x.x totally unexpected

also burning rome only has 3 expert vocal score it's one of my favourites to sing
    edited April 2010
    Bongoo;3629847 said:

- "All Songs - 360" includes RBN songs
    - "All Songs - All Consoles" doesn't include RBN songs to keep it fair for PS3 and Wii owners

The RBN songs that are released for the other consoles will be included in the "All Songs - All Consoles" category.
    Thank you for your answer. Appreciated. Your site has good information.

Any way to add a page that just lists the all songs and their highest overall score on a given instrument by console? :) (that would help me sooooo much).

I currently go through and manually look up each song to update the high score on the songs on my spreadsheet. At 1,400+ overall songs, that task is something that can take 2-3 hours of manually selecting songs (I use the leaderboards in game as the ones on this site suck worse).

I might try using your site though and see if I can come up with a faster way of aquiring the necessary data for my spreadsheet.

Thanks
    edited April 2010
    RealMessiah;3630271 said:
    Any way to add a page that just lists the all songs and their highest overall score on a given instrument by console?
    If you want to see the top score for each song for your particular console, you can look at the "#1 Score" column of your My Scores output.

If you meant the top score for all consoles, then that would be a different query and I could create a separate page for you showing just that info. Let me know.
    edited April 2010
    Bongoo;3631155 said:
    If you want to see the top score for each song for your particular console, you can look at the "#1 Score" column of your My Scores output.
    That is most excellent. You are a wonderful human being.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    Bongoo;3629847 said:
    What sets RockBandStats.com apart is the comprehensive expanded Leaderboards.
    And the relentless plugging by its creator in any thread even remotely related to scores, stars, or songs.

The site is helpful, and the effort's always appreciated...but sometimes I feel like I'm seeing a Google Adsense link when I see RBStats threads and posts.
    edited April 2010
    T-Hybrid;3631341 said:
    any thread even remotely related to scores, stars, or songs..
    I created this thread to provide unique RBN stats from the website, so it is directly related. As for ad revenue, it covers less than 10% of my costs so that is a moot point. I'll likely be between $2,000 and $3,000 in the red this year... Hopefully people enjoy what I provide for free to the RB community.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2010
    Hey, I appreciate your site, although looking at it just now made me sad.

I was looking at the songs page, and the number of scores for songs. Scrolled down to the RBN songs. Looking at the number of scores per song makes me worried that I'll miss out on the opportunity to buy some pretty good songs, as a PS3 user. Songs by Bif Naked, Tijuana Sweetheart, of Montreal, The Shins and Speck are all below 1000 scores. The Heist by DnA's Evolution, a song I've decided I want after hearing the MP3, is at 1020. The good news is that both Flogging Molly songs and the Stick Stickly song look like a lock (hopefully).

Great information for those of us who are impatiently waiting for the RBN selections. Thanks.
    edited April 2010
    bigmf;3631829 said:
    Great information for those of us who are impatiently waiting for the RBN selections. Thanks.
    No problem! I hope quite a few songs make it to the PS3 (my console as well).

FYI. Updated stats: 11 new songs tracked. I also added "# of players\bands" and "Highest score" stats for each instrument.
    edited April 2010
    Updated stats: 7 new songs tracked.
    edited April 2010
    Updated stats: No new songs tracked. Yesterday's 12 new songs will be included in the the next update.

I've added stats for the 25 most popular songs instead of the top 10.
    edited April 2010
    Updated stats: 14 new songs tracked.
    edited April 2010
    Bongoo;3655356 said:
    Updated stats: 14 new songs tracked.
    Just spent a couple of hours doing a full refresh of the high score columns in my spreadsheet. Your site made that go from an 8 hour task to about an hour.

Thanks.