DLC Discussion Thread - 4/6/10 - Skillet, Switchfoot, Anberlin, and more!

Comments

• PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    foofighterfan4mccain said:
    Damn it! have You listened to the SONGS, please do before you say that these are utter crap,
    But you see, that would be making an informed judgment, and such a thing went out of fashion years ago, especially on the internet. It's much easier to lash out blindy with unsupported dogma...because after all, Rock Band revolves around him and only him!

I admit I didn't see the Easter connection right away, I suppose that's appropriate.
  • NickzillaNickzilla Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    jimbury;3607501 said:
    will we be getting muslim rock bands for ramadan?
    I feel the exact same way
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited April 2010
    So far, until I Youtube all of them.... all I can say is...Thank you RB for saving me hundreds of dollars this year.

Guess I need to find a different game for a few months then check out the offerings.
  • I_Use_ShamwowsI_Use_Shamwows Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    ....Who?

...Man when is GWAR coming to the RBN....?
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited April 2010
    This is a pleasant surprise. I'll have to get the Superchick track for my sisters. I am somewhat familiar with the other bands with the exception of Skillet.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited April 2010
    These bands don't appeal to me in the slightest, but I can't complain with how awesome last week was for me.
  • NYRMattNYRMatt Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    One of my favorite DLC weeks ever, I'm shocked at the reputation of this week so far...

They could have used a better Superchick song (but Stand in the Rain is not too bad!), I would have preferred Alive, just because it is amazing. It is sung by a female, which is nice for variety in Rock Band.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone take a listen to Feel Good Drag by Anberlin. One of my favorite songs of all-time.

I haven't heard Switchfoot in a while actually. Thousand Foot Krutch is in NHL, I don't mind that song.

I'll probably get about 5 songs this week. Which is a huge addition, honestly.
  • Grimman_DarkGrimman_Dark Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    All I've heard is the Skillet track and the TFK track. Both are absolutely terrible.

Will definately skip this week. It'll take a while for DLC to get back up on it's feet after Hendrix....
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2010
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    sonicnerd23;3607449 said:
    Oh, boy. Modern bands that I don't care for. =/

Oh, well. Whatever makes HMX the most money, I guess...
    Um...what? That doesn't begin to make the slightest bit of sense, you know...if HMX were out to get the most money possible, they'd be releasing songs that people have actually heard about, by bands that have some name recognition.

And to everyone here who said it: Stop with the "this should be on RBN", please. Did anyone honestly believe HMX would completely turn their publishing strategy on its ear after RBN started? That would be a ) pretty odd after over two years of DLC, b ) pretty damn stupid and c ) a slap in the face to the PS3 and Wii players. RBN is not generally available for everyone, it would be nice to remember that every once in a while.

I'll have to listen to all of this, since I've actually not heard of even one of these bands. Surprise me, HMX. And please not in the Little Fish kind of way.
  • 0Sk8r00Sk8r0 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    foofighterfan4Mccain;3607454 said:
    A Christian band week.....Awesome since I'm a believer, Switchfoot is awesome, Definete buy, Anberlin's a maybe, Hawk nelsons okay, I wish relient K had been included this week
    Same! :D Except for Hawk Nelson. I used to love them, but lately (as in their last two cds) they've been crap (not to mention their lead singer is a complete jerk...).

I wish it would've been some RK instead of HN as well. But hey, beggars can's be choosers :rolleyes: I'm just glad we're getting some the songs we're getting!

I'll never forget the time I went to see Switchfoot (they played with Emery, another amazing band imo). That was one of the best shows I've ever been to...unless the RK/Paramore show I'm going to next month tops it! haha :p
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Awesome stuff! My roommate will have to join me in playing the game now!

So.... would TobyMac, Audio Adrenaline and Reliant K be too much to ask for? :D
  • KlodrikKlodrik Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Wow, all Christian bands huh? Oh well, Monster is cool and Anberlin sounded interesting.
  • MonsterZeroMonsterZero Banned
    edited April 2010
    Who?????????????? Wow really thought we might get something to dl.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    MonsterZero;3607581 said:
    Who?????????????? Wow really thought we might get something to dl.
    What were you expecting after a huge artist landed last week? Scorpions? Yes that would make me very happy also but I was 99.5% sure this week would be something complete opposite of Hendrix and that turned out to be true, with that said I will skip all the songs this week and hope next week HMX delivers something I maybe interested in (rest of the Dead songs please !!!).
  • MycoolMycool Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Just listened to these on YouTube, they would have to pay me for the hard drive space. Oh well, back to MLB 10: The Show.
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Wow, how about you people stop hating because you don't recognize them and take a listen first? A lot of these bands are actually really good. Just because they're not Metal or Hendrix or nothing you recognize immediately doesn't mean they suck.

On a side note I will be picking up 5 tracks this week. Very awesome
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Okay, after giving the songs a once-over: Nothing stands out as so phenomenally bad that it doesn't warrant purchase, and the Superchick song is actually very good.

All Christian bands, huh? Must say I don't care much either way, as long as the lyrics don't start proselytizing or anything - I also liked the Kutless song from the free 20. And it's a very nice idea for the week after Easter.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Ospero;3607550 said:
    Um...what? That doesn't begin to make the slightest bit of sense, you know...if HMX were out to get the most money possible, they'd be releasing songs that people have actually heard about, by bands that have some name recognition.

And to everyone here who said it: Stop with the "this should be on RBN", please. Did anyone honestly believe HMX would completely turn their publishing strategy on its ear after RBN started? That would be a ) pretty odd after over two years of DLC, b ) pretty damn stupid and c ) a slap in the face to the PS3 and Wii players. RBN is not generally available for everyone, it would be nice to remember that every once in a while.

I'll have to listen to all of this, since I've actually not heard of even one of these bands. Surprise me, HMX. And please not in the Little Fish kind of way.
    Why would it be a slap in the face if all 3 systems got good music?
  • Kill All HumansKill All Humans Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Never heard of them. Not bothered. Got me some 'Spanish Castle Magic' to play. Ooh yeah! May take a dip on the RBN, or break out the 'To download' list if I get sick of that.
  • RockonforeverRockonforever Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Wow, only heard of 1 or 2 of these bands but will, of course, give 'em a shot. I thought Stryper was the only Christian band ever.......lol. Didn't expect anything groundbreaking after the Hendrix week but who knows, might be something that suits me in there. Six new bands always a plus as well.
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Absolutely nothing for me next week, but I do appreciate the variety.
  • BinacaFreakBinacaFreak Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    This is the week I've been waiting for! I'll probably be picking all of them up. If you don't download that Anberlin track, you're out of your mind. Hope to see more Tooth and Nail bands here soon!
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    The complainers make me LOL.. After a week where we get a full album from one of the biggest acts in the history of music now this week HMX has somehow slighted you... :rolleyes: seriously get over yourselfs.

Switchfoot is a big YAY for me as its a great party song. I am excited about all of them because just like RBN I love when RB introduces me to new artists.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    HeyRiles;3607451 said:
    Heh, looks like I'm the happiest camper for this DLC today. Perhaps it was a good birthday week for me after all! :D
    Hey its my bday today, happy birthday to us! haha :D

Songs are meh, but yay for Switchfoot! :D (Gotta listen to everything else)
  • skullpitskullpit Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Another week of me getting nothing. Oh well, there's always next week.
  • JordanfreJordanfre Rising Star
    edited April 2010
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    HeyRiles;3607436 said:
    At least we're getting more modern DLC!
    What do mean? The 2000s are very disproportionately represented in the game
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2010
    Shoot, the re-record of Feel Good Drag sucks in comparison to the original...I definitely hope it's the original recording. Here's to hoping HMXHenry can confirm which version it is

^ You're right, they are extremely under-appreciated as a decade. I could definitely think of at least 60 more bands that need representation in Rock Band, right off the top of my head
  • AnsatsuAnsatsu Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I'll have to check out the tracks, but chances are I won't be getting anything again.

There is a reason Christian Rock is in its own category, because it's generally terrible.
This discussion has been closed.