RBN needs 'official' release announcements

ChodTheWackoChodTheWacko Rising Star
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello RBN,

RBN needs 'official' release announcements.
Sites like joystiq put out weekly 'new songs on Rock band' postings, and it is a shame (crime!) that they don't include RBN songs.

I assume sites like this rely on official announcements. I know RBN songs are released in a stranger way, but that can be dealt with.
Even if the 'official' announcents are 2 weeks behind (ie songs posted two weeks ago), that's okay. The important thing is that the songs, and RBN itself get some deserved publicity.

- Frank

Comments

• vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    ChodTheWacko;3607950 said:
    Hello RBN,

Sites like joystiq put out weekly 'new songs on Rock band' postings, and it is a shame (crime!) that they don't include RBN songs.

I assume sites like this rely on official announcements. I know RBN songs are released in a stranger way, but that can be dealt with.
    Even if the 'official' announcents are 2 weeks behind (ie songs posted two weeks ago), that's okay. The important thing is that the songs, and RBN itself get some deserved publicity.

- Frank
    there is an official announcement thread

its on the creators site, in the announcements, not hard to go look at it cuz i believe its public
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    There is also an article in the Zine with every song released the past week.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Plus there's an announcement along with the DLC announcement! Go look.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited April 2010
    ChodTheWacko;3607950 said:
    The weekly DLC announcements thread includes RBN songs that were released in the prior week! :)

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187397
  • edited April 2010
    davidshek;3608091 said:
    The weekly DLC announcements thread includes RBN songs that were released in the prior week! :)

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187397
    I missed the last two weeks of these updates while on the road, but our plan is to feature all of the RBN tracks released during the week after the Friday announcement of the coming week's DLC. That way, all the press releases, news stories and links will point back to the RBN songs along with the regular DLC.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    That sounds like a fine stategy Henry. No wonder they pay you the big bucks! :)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited April 2010
    HMXHenry;3608105 said:
    I missed the last two weeks of these updates while on the road,
    Hey nobody can blame you for that. Besides, your GWAR interview totally makes up for it. :)
  • ChodTheWackoChodTheWacko Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Okay, I stand corrected, kind of.

My main point still stands though - Forum postings and the 'Zine are great for the existing/regular rock band base. However you want the announcements going out to a broader audience that may not be playing Rock Band, to gain/restore their interest. I'm just picking Joystiq as it's one of the regular sites I browse.

I don't know where Joystiq/others get their information for posting, but wherever it was, it hasn't been in a place that had included RBN songs.

I'm hoping it is in the press releases, and so if Henry has taken care of that, then great!

- Frank
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    Maybe if HMX doesn't have the time a forum goer could compile a list of all the video game news outlet sites...IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot, Gametrailers, GiantBomb, X-play, etc and just send them an email with a link to the announcements.

Might get the info out there faster and save the news sites the trouble of looking for the info.