Does Anyone Know....

dcownedcowne Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Why we haven't had a new song added to the store in the month of April?

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    We were discussing this in the RBN new release thread.

The theory is that they aren't putting songs on the song page until it goes into the actual in game store.

There's another theory that there's an issue with the song page, and they aren't in the office to fix it until monday so they 'closed' the song page from getting new songs until its fixed.

But we honestly don't know.

I know there's been at least five songs that have cleared peer review since April 1st, that haven't shown up on the song page yet, so I'm not sure what's going on.
  • dcownedcowne Opening Act
    edited April 2010
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Thanks, yeah Sending Signals by Evergreen Terrace was just released, can't wait to get it I keep checking to see if it's been released yet.
  • TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Maybe they're trying to convert the store to be accessible for PS3 and Wii or something.

/hopeful dreaming
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    noble;3611268 said:
    There's another theory that there's an issue with the song page, and they aren't in the office to fix it until monday so they 'closed' the song page from getting new songs until its fixed.
    Monday? Try Tuesday... What weekend do you think this is?
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I thought they would have added some from Thurs or Friday, guess not. I have no problem waiting though.
    edited April 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3611827 said:
    Monday? Try Tuesday... What weekend do you think this is?

Monday isn't a holiday.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited April 2010
    They could just be releasing RBN content all in one day now (like on Tuesday when the rest of the DLC is released as well).
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited April 2010
    A New Pyro Fool;3612071 said:
    They could just be releasing RBN content all in one day now (like on Tuesday when the rest of the DLC is released as well).
    No, they're not doing that.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    noble;3612062 said:
    Monday isn't a holiday.
    Ever looked at a calendar that either said 'Easter Monday' or 'Recognized'? Mondays that follow a 'major' holiday that falls on a Sunday are when the date is given off to employees either by law or whatever other reason.

Things not likely to happen tomorrow? Mail delivery (except for expedited shipments), trash service, public school attendance, standard Mondey service for municipal public transit, etc. Many private businesses will give tomorrow off as a matter of course. Those that are open might have a holiday schedule or are too 'service oriented' to actually shut down.

This sort of thing may not apply if the business recognises Good Friday instead. It may also not directly apply to certain aspects of HMX business due to the nature of salaried employment and the ability to access certain functions and systems remotely. But it's still not out of the realm of possibility that tomorrow is a day off for HMX and no work will be performed.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    A lot of people take Easter Monday off; don't know if HMX is one of those.

Anyway, it very well could have something to do with the PS3 and Wii....I get the feeling the RBN department are probably burning the midnight oil to come up with the best possible solution for getting the RBN tracks to Sony & Tendo this week, since technically, this *is* the end of Microsoft's 30-day exclusivity period.

For the PS3 & Wii owners, I sure as hell *hope* that's what's up.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    the day after easter is when us poor folks go to wal-mart and buy all the clearance'd candy, so HMX will probably be pretty busy tomorrow.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Didn't you see my thread about the RBN closing on April 1? It came true!
    edited April 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3612407 said:
    Ever looked at a calendar that either said 'Easter Monday' or 'Recognized'? Mondays that follow a 'major' holiday that falls on a Sunday are when the date is given off to employees either by law or whatever other reason.

Things not likely to happen tomorrow? Mail delivery (except for expedited shipments), trash service, public school attendance, standard Mondey service for municipal public transit, etc. Many private businesses will give tomorrow off as a matter of course. Those that are open might have a holiday schedule or are too 'service oriented' to actually shut down.

This sort of thing may not apply if the business recognises Good Friday instead. It may also not directly apply to certain aspects of HMX business due to the nature of salaried employment and the ability to access certain functions and systems remotely. But it's still not out of the realm of possibility that tomorrow is a day off for HMX and no work will be performed.

As a person that's been in the workforce for the last twenty plus years :

Monday is NOT a holiday.

Schools might get it off for easter break, government buildings might close, but us regular working stiffs, like the guys at HMX...nope.

When you're not in school and you're not a teacher or govt. employee you get six days off for holidays.

New Years Day
    Memorial Day
    Fourth of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas

Thats it. If the holiday falls on a weekend you get a 'floating' vacation day to take off when you want.

Trust me.

Monday is NOT a holiday.
  • SplyncSplync Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, Monday isn't a holiday. As a student and part-time employee, I have both school and work tomorrow.
  • MuchachoMannMuchachoMann Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    noble;3612504 said:
    As a person that's been in the workforce for the last twenty plus years :

Monday is NOT a holiday.

Schools might get it off for easter break, government buildings might close, but us regular working stiffs, like the guys at HMX...nope.

When you're not in school and you're not a teacher or govt. employee you get six days off for holidays.

New Years Day
    Memorial Day
    Fourth of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas

Thats it. If the holiday falls on a weekend you get a 'floating' vacation day to take off when you want.

Trust me.

Monday is NOT a holiday.
    The Wal-Mart I work at didn't give us off for Thanksgiving. And as for the guy above about Wal-Mart's clearanced candy.. please tell all of your friends and everyone you know, to not take a cart for us poor stockmen..
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Splync;3612531 said:
    Yeah, Monday isn't a holiday. As a student and part-time employee, I have both school and work tomorrow.
    Sucks for you, I don't have school monday here in the big white North
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    MuchachoMann;3612619 said:
    And as for the guy above about Wal-Mart's clearanced candy.. please tell all of your friends and everyone you know, to not take a cart for us poor stockmen..
    as a former wal-mart stocker i can only thumb my nose and stick my tongue out at you.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    The store has been updated.