Green Day Rock Band Demo please

Thie_brasil_spThie_brasil_sp Unsigned
edited April 2010 in Rock Band
Hi, would be verry fine if Harmonix give us a Green Day Rock Band demo for PSN and LIVE with the popular green day songs

Comments

• BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    We might get a demo with 3 or 4 playable songs when release day approaches. But I haven't seen any demos for the other Rock Band games in the marketplace at all so I'm not sure I would count on it.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Wrong forum.
  • DanteSparda504DanteSparda504 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I wish but apparently Harmonix doesn't release demos :(
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Well, to be honest, I'd be surprised if someone came on here and said they didn't want a demo...

Having a demo doesn't matter, though. People know if they'll buy the game or not. A demo should be there to sell those on the fence. I'd rather they spend time on the game itself than on programming, testing and releasing a demo.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Thie_brasil_sp;3611770 said:
    with the popular green day songs
    Uh, why bother releasing the game then?

I'm sorry, but we already know how these games play. To want is a demo is essentially to want free songs.

Also, what "popular Green Day songs"? There's, like, more than twenty >.>
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    Ultrace;3613356 said:
    Having a demo doesn't matter, though. People know if they'll buy the game or not.
    *THIS*

When it comes to music games, there's really no point in demos if the game itself doesn't do anything "new". Otherwise you're just showing off a few songs and a new UI.

And when it comes to music games, the only way to demo one is to have the instruments...and if you have the instruments odds are you're familiar enough with the genre to keep an eye out for new titles anyway.

They could POTENTIALLY offer one to show off harmonies, but people would need mics at that point and if they had multiple ones already odds are it would be for The Beatles (so they'd already be familiar with them).

In the long run, the effort required to make a demo wouldn't do much in the way of selling it to anybody new.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Thie_brasil_sp;3611770 said:
    ...Green Day Rock Band demo for PSN and LIVE...
    Oh yeah, and Wii gets the shaft AGAIN!!! Seriously guys, we have rights too!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    TheRollingBones;3613434 said:
    yes, the wii users have, but nintendo doesn´t belive that :rolleyes:
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Ultrace;3613356 said:
    Well, to be honest, I'd be surprised if someone came on here and said they didn't want a demo...

Having a demo doesn't matter, though. People know if they'll buy the game or not. A demo should be there to sell those on the fence. I'd rather they spend time on the game itself than on programming, testing and releasing a demo.
    Yup and people like me don't exist. you know, those who kinda like Green Day but want to see how fun some songs are before putting money down.

I'm sure I'm not the only person on the fence about the game.
  • moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure you'll be able to demo it at Best Buy stores in May. This was the case in late August of last year with The Beatles: Rock Band.
  • pureebil333pureebil333 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    If there is a demo it will be like the Rock Band: Unplugged demo, you only get to play like a minute and a half of the 3 songs on it, this is due to licensing issues, they cant release full songs for free. Your best bet is a demo at best buy after the game comes out.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Maybe you should go to Best Buy. Don't know when they would have a demo, but they would. They had the Beatles at my store.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    No there probably won't be a demo, and that's fine. We know that "RockBand" games is going to ROCK!
  • JShadowz666JShadowz666 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Wii users [not you, specifically] always want to complain about getting the exact same thing that PS3 and Xbox 360 users get, but NEVER want to pay the same price. I cannot tell you how many times someone has said to me how Wii always gets the shaft on things, but fails to realize that Wii games are $10 less than Xbox 360 and PS3 games. The most you have to pay for a game is $60, and that is because said game comes with WiiMotion Plus. If we get a controller with a game, we'll be lucky to get out of the store for less than $90. Look at the competition, the Guitar Hero games. Wii users get it for $90, but PS3 and Xbox 360 is $100.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    If they want it to even sell half well, they better plan on releasing a demo.

Obviously not with the best songs but...
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I'll be curious to hear the drum fills at demo/retail release....
  • warkwarkwarkwarkwarkwark Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I imagine it will be another Best Buy in-store demo if anything.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    To me demos of music games are pointless. If you're gonna get the game, a demo won't sway you either way. In the end, a demo is just a way for some people to get a few free songs.

For example, I thought Band Hero looked terrible. They released a demo and it was pretty terrible, but the demo had Paralyzer on it. That song was the only reason I was interested in Band Hero in the first place, so I kept the demo. Now it's an RBN song, so I deleted the demo.
  • Hanrahan89Hanrahan89 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I_Love_You;3613934 said:

I don't think releasing a demo would have much of an impact on sales. People already know what Rock Band games are like I don't think this one will be much different. Sales will depend on how much the gamers like Rock Band games and/or Green Day.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I_Love_You;3613934 said:

yea why would not releasing a demo create a bad effect on sales so far rock band has not demoed any rock band game on the live, wii, or ps3 networks, and rock band has sold more than guitar hero has been able to sell, The Beatles Rock Band were gone by Christmas last year too including the bundles and stand alone games
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3613447 said:
    yes, the wii users have, but nintendo doesn´t belive that :rolleyes:
    Nintendo hate freebies. :)
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2010
    It would be nice, but only if a demo came out before the game's actual release. I don't care much about demos for games that are available for sale.

And yeah, I don't think there has been a demo for any Rock Band-related stuff to date, has there?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I dont think they need to spend the money for a demo. I
    edited April 2010
    kiggidykev;3613991 said:
    It would be nice, but only if a demo came out before the game's actual release. I don't care much about demos for games that are available for sale.

And yeah, I don't think there has been a demo for any Rock Band-related stuff to date, has there?
    Rock Band Unplugged
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Is it even possible to offer downloadable demos for Wii games?
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3614002 said:
    I think there's been at least four in the Wiiware section, so it's definitely possible. Also, I dunno if it's Nintendo's doing, but there's the stuff you can download onto your DS in Walmarts and such.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I_Love_You;3613934 said:
    "I don't want to buy the game but I want to play it for free."

That's all people are saying when they ask for demos of music games.
    edited April 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3614002 said:
    Theres been demos for Wii Ware games.
    Edit: Ninja'd
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Is it even possible to offer downloadable demos for RETAIL Wii games (as, in ones that are far too big to fit in the Wii's internal memory)?
    edited April 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3614025 said:
    Is it even possible to offer downloadable demos for RETAIL Wii games (as, in ones that are far too big to fit in the Wii's internal memory)?
    NO. Theres been demo discs for Wii games. Space really isnt an issue if you have an SD card.