Does Anyone Do Song Suggestions?

nbadgernbadger Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
If I knew how to make the songs I would but I am way to busy to sit down and make songs so I wanted to know if anyone on here do requests?

Comments

• BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    It's best to ask the bands themselves as they are the ones with the rights to their music and they're the ones in charge of going out and getting their music in the RBN. Try emailing the bands that you want to see.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3611897 said:
    It's best to ask the bands themselves as they are the ones with the rights to their music and they're the ones in charge of going out and getting their music in the RBN. Try emailing the bands that you want to see.
    If I want to email a band (Calexico), what's best to write? Which links/explanations should I give?
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    yaniv297;3611906 said:
    If I want to email a band (Calexico), what's best to write? Which links/explanations should I give?
    -Let them know that this is a way for them to get their own music in the game on their own time
    -Let them know that they will profit from it
    -Let them know that they have the option of either authoring the songs themselves or having an authoring group, like Rhythm Authors or RockGamer, do it for them
    -Let them know what songs you might want to see from them
    -And above all, make sure you make it absolutely clear that you are NOT affiliated with Harmonix in any way.

A few helpful links.

Rhythm Authors home page
    RockGamer Studios home page
    Creators site
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Actually, I do suggestions. I get a lot of suggestions from the guys over at the Frets On Fire forums, and I usually end up contacting most of the bands at the very least. So far I've got deals in the making from around 5 different bands that were suggested to me, so I'm open to suggestions for new bands.