The Bags - Cavemen Rejoice: Would you buy it

GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey, so I contacted The Bags, makers of the GH1 songs Cavemen Rejoice about the RBN. They're interested, however they're worried they won't make enough through it and they will end up spending more to get it made then they bring in. So, I'm creating this poll to get some support for The Bags and show them that the players on the RBN would be interested in getting The Bags up on there. Here is a link to Cavemen Rejoice (GH1 FC) in case you live under a rock and never heard it lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S21Oc0ATYnY

Also, this could possibly be the difference between them getting onboard with the RBN or not, so please vote and post! Thanks.

Comments

• Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

I would definitely buy it.
  • AjinAjin Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Of course. It's a great song.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm all for getting epic GH1 songs onto Rock Band. Come on Bags, join the RBN and make us happy!.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, this was one of my favorite songs on the GH1 disc; bonus or otherwise. I would love to have this song on RBN.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited April 2010
    Hell yeah, one of my favorites from GH1. :)

DO IT. DO IT NOW.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    Depends on the price and the charts.
  • DanteSparda504DanteSparda504 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    T-Hybrid;3612010 said:
    Depends on the price and the charts.
    Just so you know, I only do $1 and $2 releases, I don't do $3 songs and probably never will (unless I get a HUGE band that absolutely must charge that much).;)
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I'm on board for sure.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I put maybe.
    I would without a doubt grab it for $1, if it would be $2 I'd wait until I see the charts or grab the demo.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited April 2010
    whoever votes No should be banned >_>
    edited April 2010
    toymachineSH;3612041 said:
    I second this motion lol

Also, tracking IS enabled, so everyone can see who voted for what :D
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I vote yes, and I know at least one other person who would be interested in this song

Plus the more complete Rock Band is over Guitar Hero, the better~
  • rdm99rdm99 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Sounds pretty sweet, I'd buy it
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    toymachineSH;3612041 said:
    I third that!
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Hell Yeah!
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Of course we need this song, but i'm not sure how much of a response you will get from the minute portion of rock band player that go to this forum and this thread. How many votes do they need to be convinced? As far as I know there are charting groups that you don't have to pay in advance. Maybe they should consider giving their song to them or you should rethink your business conditions ;-)
    edited April 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3612181 said:
    Of course we need this song, but i'm not sure how much of a response you will get from the minute portion of rock band player that go to this forum and this thread. How many votes do they need to be convinced? As far as I know there are charting groups that you don't have to pay in advance. Maybe they should consider giving their song to them or you should rethink your business conditions ;-)
    I don't charge a flat rate, I charge a % of royalties just like most of the popular groups, except I charge less than them. They said the stuff about the returns before I told them we charge a %. There's not really a set number of people that need to say yes or anything, I'm just doing this to show the band that they have a good amount of people who would support them on the RBN, it's a the more the merrier scenario.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    REEEE-JOICE!
    Cavemen rejoice!

Ay-en-ee-oi!

If this migrates GH fans to RB, that'd make a hit-n-run for the Bags' worth. ;) Do it!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2010
    I found the song kinda generic, but it does have cool lyrics.

I'd buy it if it was $1.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited April 2010
    I guarantee that Cavemen Rejoice, if priced at 80 MSP, would easily make the top 10 RBN songs of all time (in terms of sales).

It will never beat Push Push (Lady Lightning), but it would certainly fare well overall.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Hell yeah! Love that song!
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited April 2010
    Hey Gilliam!

I'd say, if anything, point the band to the success of prior GH bonus tracks such as "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" (currently the #1 seller on RBN) and "Even Rats" (which appears to have sold at least 2,000 copies in its first month of release, judging by Keldon's stats). There are plenty of success stories so far, and there's no reason they can't be another one.

Good luck!
    edited April 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3612261 said:
    Hey Gilliam!

I'd say, if anything, point the band to the success of prior GH bonus tracks such as "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" (currently the #1 seller on RBN) and "Even Rats" (which appears to have sold at least 2,000 copies in its first month of release, judging by Keldon's stats). There are plenty of success stories so far, and there's no reason they can't be another one.

Good luck!

Yup, I planned on it, I forgot to add it to my last message I sent to them, so it'll definitely put it in the next one. RB could possibly have all the GH1 bonus songs in a few months lol.
  • SplyncSplync Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I'd buy it the day it is released!

I liked the song back in Guitar Hero 1, and I'm all for getting more GH1 songs in Rock Band.
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I'd love to see "Cavemen Rejoice" in Rock Band! I remember a few days after getting Rock Band, I was like, "Man, I'd love to play some of those bonus songs from the first Guitar Hero like 'Cheat on the Church' and 'Cavemen Rejoice.'" I mostly just want to sing that "Rrrrr!" at the beginning. Heh.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I would buy almost all of the GH1 and GH2 bonus songs, and Cavemen Rejoice is certainly one of them.
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Dear Bags,
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Mister_Derp
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited April 2010
    hell yes, i will buy and love any and every bonus song that was in GH1 and GH2.......yes even MIM lol
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    When you show them the poll results, let them know that each vote represents 1 thousand people ;) Make it more appealing to them. I would buy this song, and any song from the GH1/2/80s setlist.