Will PS3 users get the RBN this Thursday?

ViewtifulDudeViewtifulDude Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I heard the PS3 would get the RBN a month after the 360. Also, sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new.

Comments

• DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    No, they are never going to get the RBN, but it's been said that some songs from it will be available on PS3.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2010
    *Shakes magic 8-ball*

Outlook not so good.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Every time someone asks this question, HMX kills a kitten.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    jawillroy;3613208 said:
    Every time someone asks this question, HMX kills a kitten.
    That's... a lot of dead kittens.
    edited April 2010
    aperfectorestes;3613230 said:
    That's... a lot of dead kittens.
    I KNOW! D:
    ... the HORROR. THE HORROR.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Geez guys, be a little nicer to the guy, he is new.

Anyway, the chances of PS3 getting the full RBN at the moment are slim to none. However, Harmonix is working on porting some of the RBN tracks over to PS3 and Wii. The deal is that the tracks will have at least 30 days exclusivity on the 360 before they can be ported to the other consoles.

Does this mean that a song that will appear on other consoles will appear exactly 30 days after its 360 release? No.
    Does this mean that a song that doesn't get ported over after 30 days will never appear on the other consoles? No.

The 30 day exclusivity is a general guideline, not a law, so if something that you want doesn't appear after 30 days don't freak out about it too much, it could be coming soon. That being said, there's no official release date for the first batch of RBN songs on the PS3 or Wii yet, but keep on the lookout for news.
    edited April 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3613258 said:
    Geez guys, be a little nicer to the guy, he is new.
    You're no fun AT ALL. ;)
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    The 30 day exclusivity is a general guideline, not a law,
    Your wording here is kind of poor. The 30 day exclusivity is indeed law (as far as we are concerned). The rest of your statement is reasonable.
    edited April 2010
    OK, serious answer: Since nothing was announce friday, it seems very unlikely that we'll see any RBN songs this week. Other than that, we have no idea when the RBN selections will come, other than it must be at least thirty days from when they showed up on the 360.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    If you have to ask here, nobody knows. You'll hear about it in the Announcements forum when they're ready to announce something.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    You just had to ask

now PS3 isnt getting it til mid 2014

remember, every time a new thread on this is made, its delayed another week!
    edited April 2010
    Maybe by mid 2014 that joke will be funny.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited April 2010
    ethicalpaul;3613277 said:
    Your wording here is kind of poor. The 30 day exclusivity is indeed law (as far as we are concerned). The rest of your statement is reasonable.
    Nobody is above ape law. Now stay out of the forbidden zone!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    bigmf;3613654 said:
    How optimistic.
    edited April 2010
    bigmf;3613654 said:
    by 2014 the release date will be pushed back to 3450 :)
  • GuitarGuruXXXGuitarGuruXXX Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Reason 72 to have an xbox over a ps3. sorry.
    edited April 2010
    GuitarGuruXXX;3614342 said:
    Reason 72 to have an xbox over a ps3. sorry.
    dont bring that into this thread please :)

cracking a joke(like i do) is one thing, but the ps3 people really do deserve the rbn content for download too

itl only help us all as it will bring more revenue to the authoring companies, abd bands/labels(thus making them want to bring us more and perhaps even making them put more manpower into getting them in and out) and give hmx more funds in order to bring us further developments also :)
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited April 2010
    ....so....are we getting RBN?? (DIE KITTY!!!!!!)
  • InterdimensionInterdimension Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    folkeye;3614349 said:
    ....so....are we getting RBN?? (DIE KITTY!!!!!!)
    I wonder if Harmonix has a landfill chalk full of dead carcass.

No, probably two...

How about Harmonix takes someone's first born child everytime someone asks if we get RBN on PS3/Wii? Maybe THEN people will stop ;)
  • ChaseFVChaseFV Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I don't want RBN (though it would be nice to have), I want to throw my money at HMX and the authoring companies to buy many of the amazing songs that are available through RBN. I can vote with my wallet. It is unlikely there will be any DLC released between now and the time RBN tracks finally make PSN that I can't live without; therefore, I shall live without new DLC until such time as I have former RBN tracks available to me (unless, of course, Mrs. Chase tells me otherwise).
  • JSbball77JSbball77 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Note the signature >_<
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Can't you XBOX people understand our anxiousness here? We want a taste of the RBN...it's clear that no one knows exactly when we PS3 users will see any RBN tracks. Thursday the 8th of April would be the first chance we get if you go by the 30 day statement in the original RBN announcement. Just where should we go to ponder when PS3 users will get RBN tracks? A public Rock Band forum in the RBN folder? Oh wait...
    edited April 2010
    MrHartgrave;3616130 said:
    Can't you XBOX people understand our anxiousness here?
    I'm sure everyone does! It's understandable. It's just that it's been made clear that there's not going to be any answer forthcoming unless and until the songs are well on the way to the PS3. There's not much else to do but shrug.

EXCEPT: (As I've wildly guessed elsewhere,) I'd be very surprised if anything but the very best sellers got ported over. So if your fave song isn't doing well on the XBOX, talk it up and get your xbox-having friends to buy it, because if a song doesn't sell on the one platform, I can't imagine why HMX, Sony or anybody would invest the time and money into putting it on the PS3.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    jawillroy;3616155 said:
    EXCEPT: (As I've wildly guessed elsewhere,) I'd be very surprised if anything but the very best sellers got ported over.
    Translation: Not much that I want will get ported over. The 360 owners seem to buy the biggest names and the novelty songs, and precious little else.

*sigh*

Then again, as Mencken said, nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public...
    edited April 2010
    MrHartgrave;3616130 said:
    Can't you XBOX people understand our anxiousness here? We want a taste of the RBN...it's clear that no one knows exactly when we PS3 users will see any RBN tracks. Thursday the 8th of April would be the first chance we get if you go by the 30 day statement in the original RBN announcement. Just where should we go to ponder when PS3 users will get RBN tracks? A public Rock Band forum in the RBN folder? Oh wait...
    No that's not a good spot for the discussion. You want high-larious jokes about 2014 and dead children there. Clearly there is nowhere that we should discuss it.
    edited April 2010
    killer_roach;3616164 said:
    The 360 owners seem to buy the biggest names and the novelty songs, and precious little else...
    And why would it be any different from the rest of the music world? :rolleyes:

But then again, what do I know? Nobody's telling ME any secrets. I'm just going by my jaded, gin-sodden gut - and pointing out that while agonizing about the future won't help anyone, convincing a few more 360 owners to try something other than "the biggest names and the novelty songs" might actually help in the long run.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    I've bought about 70 songs from RBN.

A good chunk of those weren't the biggest names.

But I'm probably the exception instead of the rule.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I've bought around 50 tracks from RBN and only around 15 were "big name". Achemilla - Bleeder
    Children of Nova - The Complexity of Light
    World Minus One - Still Alive

are just a few of the bands I had never heard of before RBN. I have already bought Children of Nova's EP and would/will gladly purchase music from many of the artists I've heard off of RBN.

I would hope everyone (PS3/Wii owners) eventually gets the chance to hear some of the lesser known bands on here. Many of them better than the big names.
    edited April 2010
    :) I think that almost by definition, anyone posting here on the boards is "an exception instead of the rule." It's the people here who are paying the most attention to RBN overall, so it's no surprise you'll have listened and purchased more broadly than the average user. The real challenge is reaching the rest of the gamers who play, and buy the occasional additional DLC, but don't really spend much time researching it. *OOh, LADY GAGA* kaching.
This discussion has been closed.