Grateful Dead?

OhioBuckeyeOhioBuckeye Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Anyone hear anything about the Grateful Dead putting out any Shows/Songs for RBN?

I think the jamming would be really cool in RB.

Comments

• ufodrinkerufodrinker Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    more dead would be great
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I tried to find a way to contact them but I couldn't find anything.
  • TeamAliceFTWTeamAliceFTW Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    A plethora compared to the majority of acts in the music store.
  • TroodonTroodon Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    OhioBuckeye;3616523 said:
    A perfect example of where one mans definition of plethora is different than anothers.
    As in a lot? They're pretty high up there for number of songs from the same band.

I suppose for a band you love anything short of every song they ever did isn't enough, but they're very well represented. Maybe not as well as Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam, but they're up there. More than a dozen tracks at least.

Edit: Precise count: 12 DLC songs, plus 1 (Alabama Getaway) on the RB2 disc. That's quite a lot. Not saying even more wouldn't be nice, but still that's quite a bit.

P.S. Personal opinion is that I think bands with nothing or almost nothing (like say, Rolling Stones) should be higher priority than more songs from bands that already have a quantity of DLC songs in the double digits.
  • OhioBuckeyeOhioBuckeye Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Troodon;3617073 said:
    As in a lot? They're pretty high up there for number of songs from the same band.
    I know what you meant. I was just referring to the fact that there couldn't be too many songs from the Dead as far as I'm concerned.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited April 2010
    All we need is Touch of Grey, and that's really all I want from them. I only like a handful of Grateful Dead songs, and there are classic rock bands more deserving who should get 13 songs into the game imo.
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    OhioBuckeye;3617176 said:
    I know what you meant. I was just referring to the fact that there couldn't be too many songs from the Dead as far as I'm concerned.
    This.
    edited April 2010
    What I think really needs to be in RB is LIVE Grateful Dead. That's where they really shined.
    edited April 2010
    Im thinking our best bet might be to contact Ratdog or Phil Lesh & Friends. It's not exactly Grateful Dead but it is Dead music.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I found this from the www.dead.net web page "Customerservice@dead.net" might be a good to place to start, I'm in full agreement that we need Live material from them this time around. My only concern is HMX said the Dead songs were some of the hardest to chart so I hope if this does go through RBN that the songs don't end up as a train wreck.

P.S. - I sent a email off to the above email, I will let you know if I get a response.
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if the Dick's Picks are capable of being put into the game.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I would think so, I believe the Dead were ahead of their time when it came to recording and used the proper equipment needed to make it happen in Rock Band (I think). Prays to Rock -n- Roll Gods that this happens someday.

I did get the auto response from the above email that said I would get a response in 24 hours, I did ask for a proper email address if the one above was not correct I'll post tomorrow what I find out.
  • ufodrinkerufodrinker Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    any live dead is a instant buy for me
    edited April 2010
    Live Dead (The album) would be awesome too.
  • OpothOpoth Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Just popped in to say I'd love to see some GD in RBN. Too bad they can't release something to tie into the Crimson, White & Indigo live release.
    edited April 2010
    BT67;3618311 said:
    I would think so, I believe the Dead were ahead of their time when it came to recording and used the proper equipment needed to make it happen in Rock Band (I think). Prays to Rock -n- Roll Gods that this happens someday.

I did get the auto response from the above email that said I would get a response in 24 hours, I did ask for a proper email address if the one above was not correct I'll post tomorrow what I find out.
    Thanks for taking the initiative on this!
    edited April 2010
    I still think trying to contact Ratdog would be a much easier start to getting Dead music in RBN. Sure I want more Grateful Dead in RB just as much as you guys. Baby steps....
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    This is the response I got this morning:

Dear Tabar,

Thank you for contacting Dead.net

We have forwarded your request to our management team. We will get back to you once we receive an update.

Best Regards,
    Shoba J. at Dead.net Customer Service
  • plork99plork99 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Some live Dead would be outstanding. I'm a huge fan of the "Disco Dead" and if they can cut out Donna's vocals, even better!
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Hey OP what part of Ohio are you from? and did you attend any Grateful Dead shows in the late 80's up until Jerry's passing?
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I agree - I think I would have glady forsaken several of the existing DLC studio tracks in favor of some live tracks. I think people would really have fun playing them. I hope it's a possibility.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    My real question is, HMX said the Dead were some of the hardest songs to chart, do you think these new authors could handle Live Dead? I have faith.
    edited April 2010
    BT67;3621629 said:
    My real question is, HMX said the Dead were some of the hardest songs to chart, do you think these new authors could handle Live Dead? I have faith.
    This is a very good point that I really had not thought of. Maybe with the slew of RBN authors out there someone can get it done.
  • RimbaudRimbaud Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Throwing in my support for some live Dead. I was never a fan until I started hearing some of the live cuts on college/independent radio. I still remember hearing a long version of Scarlet Begonias when living in St. Louis several years ago - it gave my goosebumps.

I haven't even bothered with the current DLC - the studio tracks just don't draw you into the groove. I think RB has a song length limit, which might screw things up (as well the lack of multi-track masters).
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Definitely would need to be mindful of track length - as fun of a novelty as it might seem you would probably want to avoid a 25 minute saga with huge stretches of no vocals... in real life, the guys singing are also playing gee-tar. (although if you're a vox-tarist with only two others in your group this might work...)

In terms of chart difficulty, I can understand the challenge at hand but that's what the RBN is all about - if someone really devoted their time and skill to bringing some of these tracks to the game, I think it would really pay off in the end... literally! ;)
    edited April 2010
    BT67;3619932 said:
    Hey OP what part of Ohio are you from? and did you attend any Grateful Dead shows in the late 80's up until Jerry's passing?
    My first show was 7/16/90 at Rich Stadium in Buffalo. I saw a total of 30 shows between then and Jerry's passing.

OB
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    OhioBuckeye;3628855 said:
    My first show was 7/16/90 at Rich Stadium in Buffalo. I saw a total of 30 shows between then and Jerry's passing.

OB
    Nice, I was at that show also and saw about 35 shows from '84-'95, with my first and second being at Blossom Music Center and after those shows Blossom was never the same. :-)

07/16/1990 - Rich Stadium, Buffalo

Set 1

Hell In A Bucket
    Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo
    Blow Away
    Mama Tried ->
    Mexicali Blues
    Loose Lucy
    It's All Over Now
    High Time
    Let It Grow ->
    Don't Ease Me In

Set 2

Sugar Magnolia ->
    Scarlet Begonias ->
    Man Smart, Woman Smarter
    Ship Of Fools
    Truckin' ->
    Jam ->
    Drums ->
    Space ->
    The Wheel ->
    Gimme Some Lovin' ->
    Wharf Rat ->
    Around And Around ->
    Sunshine Daydream

Encore
    Brokedown Palace

What a great show, my first Loose Lucy.
    edited April 2010
    That's the one :) I'm planning on going to the Crimson, White and Indigo movie here in Columbus. Have you checked to see if it's playing in your area/city? If not go to dead.net and check the city listings.

OB