Not happy about PS3 Rock Band Network

TheDruidXpawXTheDruidXpawX Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Greetings Harmonix,

I expect like a lot of PS3 owners, we're really disappointed by this statement:

Rock Band Network songs will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 for 30 days, after which a selection of songs will be made available on the PlayStation 3 and Wii.

We've been with the PlayStation since the early days of Harmonix, and some of us have played every game, therefore when the PS3 RockBand arrived, it was a no-brainer to continue on the PS3 and not jump ship to the 360. Up until this point, you always provided better support on the PlayStation than on the XBOX console. When you released songs two days later on the PS3, it bugged us a little, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Whatever is going on here is a serious problem. 30 day exclusive? A selection of songs?

The 30 day exclusive stinks, but the "selection of songs" has us upset.

At this point, it's not really like we have the option decision to switch. In our case, we've bought several hundred dollars worth of songs on the PS3, 4 RB games, and a pile of equipment including an ION drum rocker.

Unless you want to offer a massive exchange program, we're locked in and there's nothing we can do.

I suggest that you remember this 30 day exclusive policy is always going to leave a bad taste in our mouths, however the bigger concern is the selection of songs. Why are you limiting us?

I humbly suggest that you change your minds about this, these decisions appear to leave us, your longest time fans, out in the cold.

Comments

• kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    thebay408;3617101 said:
    As a PS3 user myself i have to laugh at this a little. It's no secret that the 360 is the favored console been that way since the exclusivity deal of RB1
    Don't have to be a PS3 owner to laugh at that.

360 got RB2 early, The Who SuperBowl Mashup early, the stage kit, earlier DLC releases, earlier updates (sometimes), All You Need Is Love early (and for charity).

PS3 has.... free online play. Umm... anything else?
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    kitlerc;3617109 said:
    The Warbeast. But I'm pretty sure the Xboxers will live just fine without it.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited April 2010
    kitlerc;3617109 said:
    Don't have to be a PS3 owner to laugh at that.

360 got RB2 early, The Who SuperBowl Mashup early, the stage kit, earlier DLC releases, earlier updates (sometimes), All You Need Is Love early (and for charity).

We save a penny per DL. In your face 360!
  • peachpunker63peachpunker63 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    me being a ps3 owner.... i am just waiting it out. I know HMX is working hard on it and will give us what we want in the end. Let us be patient
    edited April 2010
    Lawdog1521;3617122 said:
    Oh snap! You're right! For every 199 songs you buy, you get a free one! (compared to 360 users)

Also, I think the PS3 has this guitar
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Maybe Sony should create a XNA-type of program???
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    This has been discussed many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many
    times before. Please read up next time before posting. I'm getting sick of all these threads -_-
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    TheDruidXpawX;3617060 said:
    Up until this point, you always provided better support on the PlayStation than on the XBOX console.
    When you released songs two days later on the PS3, it bugged us a little, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

At this point, it's not really like we have the option decision to switch. In our case, we've bought several hundred dollars worth of songs on the PS3, 4 RB games, and a pile of equipment including an ION drum rocker.

Unless you want to offer a massive exchange program, we're locked in and there's nothing we can do.
    This thread left me laughing so hard, I have no decision but to guess that you're trolling.

Either way, I hope to God your sad mind can come to grips with the fact that
    1. You're not speaking for every PS3 owner, and not everyone has spent several hundred dollars worth of songs, all 4 games, and every one bought an ION Drum Set.
    2. XNA is the entire force behind RBN (Next to Harmonix), and the only reason it's fully doable on the 360.
    3. That 2 days you guys wait for? Yeah, that was equalized after the first week. Now, you guys wait the same distance between DLC releases as us.
    edited April 2010
    Thrasher9294;3617158 said:
    3. That 2 days you guys wait for? Yeah, that was equalized after the first week. Now, you guys wait the same distance between DLC releases as us.
    I am confused by this statement
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    kitlerc;3617163 said:
    I am confused by this statement
    You get songs every 7 days just like Xbox users.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    kitlerc;3617109 said:
    The Wii gets "early" DLC and got the Who Super Bowl shuffle "early" as well.
    Lawdog1521;3617122 said:
    For some reason I pay tax on PSN content but not Microsoft Points. OSNAP!
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Why isn't there a sticky about this yet?
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    MarsPhoenix;3617249 said:
    Why isn't there a sticky about this yet?
    I don't think a sticky will stop people from posting this question every day.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    weirdphil;3617292 said:
    I don't think a sticky will stop people from posting this question every day.
    especialy when another post on this is at the top of page 1 still

people really know how to look/search for threads dont they
  • mysticnejimysticneji Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm sick of people posting about this! It's not that big of a deal.
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Greetings Harmonix,

When you released songs two days later on the PS3, it bugged us a little, but it wasn't that big of a deal.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the PS3 marketplace update every Thursday? It's not Harmonix's fault. It's Sony's.
  • knifes39knifes39 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    im getting sick of all these threads being posted just as an excuse for console wars point is ps3 has thing xbox will never get god of war heavy rain etc. and xbox will get things ps3 will never get like rbn gears of war etc. plz stop these threads as an excuse for console wars k? lets all eat cake and chill....
  • PUNKSTER93PUNKSTER93 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    When i bought RB for the PS3 i was really dissapointed. especially when there's no voice chat and we have to wait for the sequel for it.

After i bought RB for the 360 i was really glad that i bought it
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    knifes39;3617332 said:
    im getting sick of all these threads being posted just as an excuse for console wars point is ps3 has thing xbox will never get god of war heavy rain etc. and xbox will get things ps3 will never get like rbn gears of war etc. plz stop these threads as an excuse for console wars k? lets all eat cake and chill....
    Nobody has said anything that remotely looks like console flaming. The OP simply did not lurk enough, and people are pointing out that he is misinformed. Seems like a harmless enough thread, but it's pointless all the same.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    PUNKSTER93;3617333 said:
    When i bought RB for the PS3 i was really dissapointed. especially when there's no voice chat and we have to wait for the sequel for it.

After i bought RB for the 360 i was really glad that i bought it
    There most definitely is voice chat on PS3 Rock Band.

If there isn't I really need to speak to a psychiatrist because I'm hearing voices that aren't there.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2010
    Grannd;3617343 said:
    There most definitely is voice chat on PS3 Rock Band.

If there isn't I really need to speak to a psychiatrist because I'm hearing voices that aren't there.
    As I understand it, it was patched in later on.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    I took the HMX favored playstation to mean Playstation 2 over xbox.

Meaning I don't think any of the GH games came out on xbox.

Of course at the time Playstation 2 was by far the more dominant console so of course that console was going to get the preferential treatment.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and the 360 has become the more dominant (install wise) of the two so of course they're going to lead off that.

Not to mention there's the whole XNA thing which has been discussed to death so I'm not going to regurgitate it again.
  • KudoKudo Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    JBurton;3617132 said:
    Maybe Sony should create a XNA-type of program???
    Wouldn't be the first time they've copied Microsoft.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited April 2010
    Kudo;3617395 said:
    Wouldn't be the first time they've copied Microsoft.
    HAHA I GET IT

rofl
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    It doesn't matter if PS3 had an XNA type program. This would mean that HMX would have to develop the RBN to work with PS3's XNA type program and that would be too much work.

All we constantly hear is well XBox can do this and PS3 can't so don't blame HMX. Well there are PS3 specific technologies (such as bluetooth) which are NOT taken advantage of over other systems because XBox is their main development platform regardless of the technological advantages. HMX is CHOOSING specifically to focus on XBox 360 and improving/adding to it rather than fix the current bugs on the PS3 (see: Shaky Arrow).

I just wish that it was XBox exclusive from the start and not promised the same experience because then I would have purchased an XBox strictly for Rock Band instead of sinking thousands of dollars into it on PS3 only to find out that there are broken/missing features.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Greetings Harmonix,

I expect like a lot of PS3 owners, we're really disappointed by this statement:

Rock Band Network songs will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 for 30 days, after which a selection of songs will be made available on the PlayStation 3 and Wii.

We've been with the PlayStation since the early days of Harmonix, and some of us have played every game, therefore when the PS3 RockBand arrived, it was a no-brainer to continue on the PS3 and not jump ship to the 360. Up until this point, you always provided better support on the PlayStation than on the XBOX console. When you released songs two days later on the PS3, it bugged us a little, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Whatever is going on here is a serious problem. 30 day exclusive? A selection of songs?

The 30 day exclusive stinks, but the "selection of songs" has us upset.

I suggest that you remember this 30 day exclusive policy is always going to leave a bad taste in our mouths, however the bigger concern is the selection of songs. Why are you limiting us?

I humbly suggest that you change your minds about this, these decisions appear to leave us, your longest time fans, out in the cold.
    As a fellow PS3 owner, all I can say is: LOL.
  • KudoKudo Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    ScottyTheBody;3617553 said:
    It doesn't matter if PS3 had an XNA type program. This would mean that HMX would have to develop the RBN to work with PS3's XNA type program and that would be too much work.

All we constantly hear is well XBox can do this and PS3 can't so don't blame HMX. Well there are PS3 specific technologies (such as bluetooth) which are NOT taken advantage of over other systems because XBox is their main development platform regardless of the technological advantages. HMX is CHOOSING specifically to focus on XBox 360 and improving/adding to it rather than fix the current bugs on the PS3 (see: Shaky Arrow).

I just wish that it was XBox exclusive from the start and not promised the same experience because then I would have purchased an XBox strictly for Rock Band instead of sinking thousands of dollars into it on PS3 only to find out that there are broken/missing features.
    It isn't like they're alone in this choice. The 360 is similar to the PC in terms of development structure, making it much easier to utilize in a timely manner. If the PS3's major technology is Bluetooth... uh... I think that functionality is similar to that of the magical cordless phone. From 1985. If its primary application is wireless, we already have that on both the Wii and the 360.

Again, PS3 owners need to understand that Microsoft was a big part of RBN happening in the first place, as stated by Harmonix on several occasions.

This is a platform like nothing we've seen anywhere before, people. Let's first commend Harmonix for taking the risk of bringing this to us instead of accusing them of bias simply because they worked with the side who was willing to make this happen.
  • erikvduynerikvduyn Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    noble;3617387 said:

Meaning I don't think any of the GH games came out on xbox.
    Nope, there was never an Xbox 360 version of GH2, no sirree.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    erikvduyn;3617683 said:
    Nope, there was never an Xbox 360 version of GH2, no sirree.
    He meant the original Xbox.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    mysticneji;3617303 said:
    I'm sick of people posting about this! It's not that big of a deal.
    Well, actually, I'm a 360 owner, and I'll say this.

I feel that it is a big deal, mainly because if I for some reason had chosen to get a PS3, and then all the RBN songs that I want weren't available to me(And some songs already on and more coming are songs that I've been wanting for around 3 years now), I'd be pissed off to. So, yes, it is a big deal. However, it needs to come together into 1 big deal, rather than everyone making it into a widespread disease of Threads.
This discussion has been closed.