is Word Up! by Korn a rerecord?

mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I was playing Word up and noticed the vocals sound different then on the original release. They sound a bit lifeless and I think the end solo is different. Did they rerecord as to not have their old guitarist and drummer receive compensation?

Comments

  • Phategod1Phategod1 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
  • barnabyjones786barnabyjones786 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    sounds the same to me and i listen to ALOT of korn and i compare music games recordins all the time like smooth criminal by AAF the video version and album version i have has extra parts in it i think the word up change was done by HMX maybe but hey its still a good song either way aye?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    mayhem117;3617315 said:
    I was playing Word up and noticed the vocals sound different then on the original release. They sound a bit lifeless and I think the end solo is different. Did they rerecord as to not have their old guitarist and drummer receive compensation?
    Haha conspiracy theory eh. Sounds the same as i remember it from the greatest hits volume one effort... to be honest its lifeless as its a sucky song to cover in the first place. Of all the Korn songs to pick :confused:, i mean if they really wanted a cover then there was an excellent certain Pink Floyd track they covered which would have been awesome for the game instead ;)
  • PintomanPintoman Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    They should have used the original Cameo recording from the 80's - that one smokes the Korn version.

    Pintoman
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Pintoman;3617556 said:
    They should have used the original Cameo recording from the 80's - that one smokes the Korn version.

    Pintoman
    They probably didn't because of how few people have heard of Cameo in this day and age, whereas Korn is extremely famous.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    SenseiLeRoof;3620477 said:
    They probably didn't because of how few people have heard of Cameo in this day and age, whereas Korn is extremely famous.
    Yet im sure more people have heard of Amy Winehouse compared to the Zutons or Iggy Pop compared to Everlife.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    It's the same and pretty much all post TALITM Korn has been pretty lifeless.

    *cough*HeadisnowgoneandthereforeKornnowsucks*cough*
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    I believe they do have different recordings, but I'm not sure. It's also possible it's the magic of HMX mixing. Happens a lot.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3627734 said:
    Yet im sure more people have heard of Amy Winehouse compared to the Zutons or Iggy Pop compared to Everlife.
    To be fair, with the Zutons, they went for the original, a fact I'm VERY glad of.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    barnabyjones786;3617357 said:
    sounds the same to me and i listen to ALOT of korn and i compare music games recordins all the time like smooth criminal by AAF the video version and album version i have has extra parts in it i think the word up change was done by HMX maybe but hey its still a good song either way aye?
    :eek:
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Something I've learned... the original is not always better than the cover. For "Word Up", I'd say they're about the same.

    Examples of the cover being better than the original:
    "*** On Feel the Noize". Quiet Riot put a lot more energy into their cover than Slade put in the original, and it's more fun to sing along to.
    "Bills, Bills, Bills". I take Jonathan Coulton's cover in a heartbeat.
    "Big Yellow Taxi". The original singer (whose name escapes me currently) actually goofs off at the end of the song. Never mind that it's a song about loss and regret, right? That won't ruin the significance at all, will it? Suuuuuuuuure.
    "Die, Die My Darling". Again, more energy by Metallica than the Misfits.

    And so on. But you get the idea.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Sounds all the same to me
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    MrMet2087;3636487 said:
    Sounds all the same to me
    korn's version and cameo's version sound the same to you??!?!
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    SenseiLeRoof;3636096 said:
    Something I've learned... the original is not always better than the cover. For "Word Up", I'd say they're about the same.

    Examples of the cover being better than the original:
    "*** On Feel the Noize". Quiet Riot put a lot more energy into their cover than Slade put in the original, and it's more fun to sing along to.
    "Bills, Bills, Bills". I take Jonathan Coulton's cover in a heartbeat.
    "Big Yellow Taxi". The original singer (whose name escapes me currently) actually goofs off at the end of the song. Never mind that it's a song about loss and regret, right? That won't ruin the significance at all, will it? Suuuuuuuuure.
    "Die, Die My Darling". Again, more energy by Metallica than the Misfits.

    And so on. But you get the idea.
    joni mitchell
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    SenseiLeRoof;3636096 said:
    Something I've learned... the original is not always better than the cover. For "Word Up", I'd say they're about the same.

    Examples of the cover being better than the original:
    "*** On Feel the Noize". Quiet Riot put a lot more energy into their cover than Slade put in the original, and it's more fun to sing along to.
    "Bills, Bills, Bills". I take Jonathan Coulton's cover in a heartbeat.
    "Big Yellow Taxi". The original singer (whose name escapes me currently) actually goofs off at the end of the song. Never mind that it's a song about loss and regret, right? That won't ruin the significance at all, will it? Suuuuuuuuure.
    "Die, Die My Darling". Again, more energy by Metallica than the Misfits.

    And so on. But you get the idea.
    As much as I hate saying this because I love Cypress Hill, I think RATM's "How I Could Just Kill A Man" is better than the original.
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    MrMet2087;3636487 said:
    Sounds all the same to me
    Only if you're deaf.
  • AneurysmBowAneurysmBow Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    yes, it's a cover from Cameo
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    AneurysmBow;3638176 said:
    yes, it's a cover from Cameo
    Definitely not what he's asking.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    This song definitely sounds different from what I remember the music video sounding like. There were a few higher pitched vocal segments in the vid that seem toned down in LRB.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    mrmet2087;3636487 said:
    sounds all the same to me
    senseileroof;3638063 said:
    only if you're deaf.
    lol
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Yup it is different!!! Listen to the line "If there's music we can use it be free to dance" thats from the actual song.

    In the game they say "If there's music we can use it your free to dance" not only is the line different but it sounds off as well.

    That solo is also nowhere to be heard and the actual song has a more rockin' section before it ends
  • RincewiendRincewiend Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Pintoman;3617556 said:
    They should have used the original Cameo recording from the 80's - that one smokes the Korn version.

    Pintoman
    Or Gun's version.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Rincewiend;3697108 said:
    Or Gun's version.
    This.
  • Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    mayhem117;3696686 said:
    Yup it is different!!! Listen to the line "If there's music we can use it be free to dance" thats from the actual song.

    In the game they say "If there's music we can use it your free to dance" not only is the line different but it sounds off as well.

    That solo is also nowhere to be heard and the actual song has a more rockin' section before it ends
    I think they're both "actual songs".
Sign In or Register to comment.