LRB Export

jayzee64jayzee64 Unsigned
edited June 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I have a EU version of LRB and a US version RB1 and RB2.

I used the EU export code for LRB for the PS3, paid for the export, downloaded it, installed it... Done.

But when i load up RB2 and go to Quick Play and it appears there is no LRB songs. Have i just wasted £6 for EU cross US non-compatibility?

I have a PSN US account and buy my RB DLC through that and i can still play it through my EU account using the US RB2.

Is there any chance i could still get a US LRB export code and use it for the EU disc or not?

If anyone could help that would be great

Comments

• PlexShawPlexShaw Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    jayzee64;3619785 said:
    Have i just wasted £6 for EU cross US non-compatibility?
    In short, yes that's exactly what you've done.

In order to be able to play the LRB tracks on RB or RB2, you will need to get a US copy of LRB and peform the Export via your US PSN account. There is no other way around this I'm afraid.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2010
    The short, handy guide to gaming and DLC on consoles:

PS3:
    Games: Region-free
    DLC: Region-locked

Xbox:
    Games: Region-locked (sometimes, and the case for all except RB discs except TB:RB and L:RB)
    DLC: Region-free
  • Resident-SevenResident-Seven Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    That's not true for all games LoopyChew.
    edited June 2010
    Resident-Seven;3727843 said:
    That's not true for all games LoopyChew.
    Which part isn't true? There is all of one region-locked game on the PS3 (Stranglehold Special Edition, because it comes with the Hard-Boiled movie embedded in it); I've yet to see NTSC game content work with PAL DLC or vice-versa (not just in RB, but other games like Borderlands); I've got both sides covered with Xbox games; and I've yet to see region-controlled DLC. (IP-blocked, maybe. If you have a PAL game and a PAL Xbox in the US on a US Live account, though, you can download DLC for your PAL games and they'll work.)
    edited June 2010
    SingStar works perfectly fine with both US and AU content.
    edited June 2010
    Is the US and Canada the same "region"? I have the US version of RB1 and 2, will they be compatible with LRB bought from Canada?
    edited June 2010
    Resident-Seven;3732708 said:
    SingStar works perfectly fine with both US and AU content.
    Interesting! I'll have to note that one in my notebook.
    edited June 2010
    It is handy, as the AU store has a llot of stuff the US one doesn't for SingStar, and vice-versa. You just have to change profiles before you start the game, and it'll show the store for that region. But they all show up in the game next to each other.

I don't understand HMX's reasoning behind region coding the DLC (I don't really have many other games, so other developers doing it isn't much bother to me, though it's still stupid). It's as bad as EA region coding on the PC.
    edited June 2010
    Resident-Seven;3735006 said:
    It is handy, as the AU store has a llot of stuff the US one doesn't for SingStar, and vice-versa. You just have to change profiles before you start the game, and it'll show the store for that region. But they all show up in the game next to each other.

I don't understand HMX's reasoning behind region coding the DLC (I don't really have many other games, so other developers doing it isn't much bother to me, though it's still stupid). It's as bad as EA region coding on the PC.
    The other thing is that SingStar is a Sony property, and they may have, uh, given themselves "liberties" for the coding that other companies don't have. I know Xbox 360 DLC isn't region-coded, because I have a US Live account and a PAL console.

I wish I could help you with the Canada/US question, but that's one I can't.