Indigo Friends?

TroodonTroodon Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
"Indigo Friends" by Reverend Horton Heat

dlcquickplay.com claims this song has already been released, but the link to buy it doesn't work (keeps claiming the offer is expired or not valid in your area when you try to purchase it this way) and it's not listed in the RBN store. Any idea what the problem is? And if it will be resolved soon?

Comments

• BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Not sure what the problem is but I'm glad I bought it when I did. It's fun on drums!
  • TroodonTroodon Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    BruceDickinson;3620678 said:
    Not sure what the problem is but I'm glad I bought it when I did. It's fun on drums!
    Er so how exactly did you manage to buy it?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Through the link that you mentioned in your first post. It was taken down after that for reasons unknown. The sound quality is terrible so hopefully Wavegroup will correct that before putting it back up. If the new version is different, anyone who bought the first version will have to buy it again (to get the new version.)
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited April 2010
    And now the song is back on the Marketplace. Question is, though, what's different? I got the "old" version and I'd kind of like to know if it's worth re-buying.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited April 2010
    I believe they adjusted the mixing.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    The new mix sounds great on my system so kudos to Wavegroup for that.
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    While it would have been nice to have a warning about buying directly from modified links earlier, I can only really blame myself for not figuring there was a good reason it wasn't linked through the website or in the store. That's what I get for being impatient. =P

I'll probably buy it a second time if the mix is really that much better or if my friends get the new versions so I can play it with them.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I could've sworn the first version was on the Music page and I bought it from there, so I figured it was "safe".
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    MarsPhoenix;3641705 said:
    While it would have been nice to have a warning about buying directly from modified links earlier, I can only really blame myself for not figuring there was a good reason it wasn't linked through the website or in the store. That's what I get for being impatient. =P

I'll probably buy it a second time if the mix is really that much better or if my friends get the new versions so I can play it with them.
    People on here from the Creators forum like myself have been warning people not to buy songs from anywhere but the in-game store since launch. You were warned you just ignored it.
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I obviously missed it then. My bad.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Just ran the demo of the new version next to the old version that I paid for... The vocals sound so much louder now (if only they'd do that for Semi-Charmed Life).

Since I didn't buy anything this week, I'm going to pay for the new version. Which also means I should complain about $3 songs now that I'm technically paying $4 for one now.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Phew, I'm so glad I didn't buy it right away. I wasn't even around when the previous version was released. I find it strange that if you buy a song and they take it down, then put it back up again, you have to re-buy it again? People shouldn't even have to go through that, that definitely needs to be fixed.
    edited April 2010
    itzJV;3644215 said:
    Phew, I'm so glad I didn't buy it right away. I wasn't even around when the previous version was released. I find it strange that if you buy a song and they take it down, then put it back up again, you have to re-buy it again? People shouldn't even have to go through that, that definitely needs to be fixed.
    We weren't supposed to have access to it yet, I don't know what the story is, but sneaky people found links on the MS marketplace.

At least now HMX doesn't have the links up on the song page before it its the official RBN store. Once it hits the store, it's a done deal. So there is no hope for fixes of songs with bad mixes (like semi charmed life or My little backpack)
    edited April 2010
    Oh, I can gold star the song on expert guitar now. Must have been all the practice with the old version