Trivium

tharshmetalUKtharshmetalUK Opening Act
edited July 2007 in History of Rock
What do you guys think of Triv? I think they are the best new band out there, who goes back to old school metal with quality riffs and quality solos. But alot of people who i know who like metal don't like Trivium.

Comments

• tharshmetalUKtharshmetalUK Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;19770 said:
    metal sucks, theyre crap, bunch of stoned idiots
    Thanks for voicing your opinion friend:)
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Trivium have failed to garner my interests. I checked them out on YouTube and they are in my GuitarWorld mags with a great deal of regularity.. But I just don't get into it.

(that is how you state an opinion) :D
  • KutsicKutsic Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;19770 said:
    Too bad the lead singer's straightedge.... but whatever, we can generalize that everyone in metal is a stoner...just like I can generalize that everyone that thinks that is really really ignorant.

But anyway, Trivium are a very talented band, and the only reason they're so hated is because of their popularity. I think they're far from the best metal band that's appeared recently, but they're definitely one of the better ones.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    theres also a trivium thread in album reviews.
  • tharshmetalUKtharshmetalUK Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Kutsic;19878 said:
    Too bad the lead singer's straightedge.... but whatever, we can generalize that everyone in metal is a stoner...just like I can generalize that everyone that thinks that is really really ignorant.

But anyway, Trivium are a very talented band, and the only reason they're so hated is because of their popularity. I think they're far from the best metal band that's appeared recently, but they're definitely one of the better ones.
    Well said man.:)
  • Creeping-DeathCreeping-Death Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Gotta say Trivium are really good. I kind of prefer the stuff on The Crusade rather than Ascending. Im a fan of Death metal style grunting, but i feel that The Crusade has more structured feel rather than screaming your guts out and using your instruments like sex dolls. Still all good with me =D
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Kutsic;19878 said:
    we can generalize that everyone in metal is a stoner...just like I can generalize that everyone that thinks that is really really ignorant.
    ahaha.. thank you for proving my point. :) Tharsh :confused:

I've never actually listened to em... i hear they catch a lot of **** for being popular though. I don't get into numetal too much though..

recommend a song or two
  • BobLoblawBobLoblaw Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Phrank-E;19840 said:
    Trivium have failed to garner my interests. I checked them out on YouTube and they are in my GuitarWorld mags with a great deal of regularity.. But I just don't get into it.

(that is how you state an opinion) :D
    Nah, that's how you be a pussy that doesn't want to offend anyone. ;)
  • fragpiratefragpirate Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;20049 said:

I've never actually listened to em... i hear they catch a lot of **** for being popular though. I don't get into numetal too much though..

recommend a song or two

becoming the dragon and.... hm
    im gonna say Ignition, and To The Rats.

thats all off of their new cd, the crusade. personally i think its the better of the two.
    ascendancy is pretty good too, but its just so completely different than the crusade.

and yeah trivium has caught alotta flak over their popularity.
    so has slipknot, and korn, and marylon manson (tho i really dont like him, nor korn).
    its just the way that things go.
    people are so biased that even if something is good, they will say its bad only because its new. and people want to be different so they say what ever is popular sucks (although most of it does. WHAT THE HELL IS A "DAUGHTRY?!"). so when ever a good band comes out of the woodworks, and puts together solid albums, tours their asses off, and finds themselves in the seat of popularity in a few years then theres just some people that will never take them seriously.
    trivium is a gr8 band, ascendancy was their coming of age record and now the crusade is their polisher.
    if you have never listened to trivium, go to their myspace and give it a listen. (and dont just say that their a metallica rip off, cuz nile sounds like cannibal corpse but their both gr8)
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;19770 said:
    wow. what a narrow minded thing to say.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    I wasn't serious in saying it.. I was just imitating people from the rap thread :p I like my fair share of metal.
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;20104 said:
    I wasn't serious in saying it.. I was just imitating people from the rap thread :p I like my fair share of metal.
    lol oh,
    my mistake. its always hard to distern whether or not some one is using sarcasm or is serious. lol

but yeah their good, if your into thrashy stuff, then give "the crusade" a try, and if you like more death growls and metal core stuff then ascendancy is for you.
  • The_Lizard_KingThe_Lizard_King Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    trivium is **** but that's because metal is **** music
    edited July 2007
    The_Lizard_King;20364 said:
    well i think that the beatles is ****ty fruit music that is as about as good as a girraffe in a cardboard box.
  • The_Lizard_KingThe_Lizard_King Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    fragpirate;20368 said:
    well i think that the beatles is ****ty fruit music that is as about as good as a girraffe in a cardboard box.
    failed to insult me, im not a beatles fan
    edited July 2007
    The_Lizard_King;20372 said:
    failed to insult me, im not a beatles fan
    wasnt trying to insult you.

just pointing out how much your opinion matters... none.
    edited July 2007
    Yes, yes, all metal, every single band that makes any of the hundreds of subgenres of the extremely broad and varied style of music sucks. Every single one of them, because after all, if you've heard one, you're heard them all, because they all sound the same, even when some of them don't even use the same instrumental set up or song structure, it all sucks. Because it's metal, and that's the only reason we need to say it sucks, that it's metal.

Some people...
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;20049 said:

recommend a song or two
    Depends on your tastes really, but my favorite songs are (in order):

Like Light to the Flies
    Blinding Tears Will Break the Skies
    Contempt Breeds Contamination
    Detonation
    A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
    Dying in Your Arms
    edited July 2007
    Your life is ****
  • MidgetMeMidgetMe Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Trivium are most certainly the most famous Metallica tribute band out there ;)
    edited July 2007
    MidgetMe;22344 said:
    triviums not metallica tribute!
    yeah sure they did a metallica cover, and sound sorta like em on the crusade, but how the hell does anything off of ascendancy sound remotely metallica?

heafy is just a huge metallica fan thats all.
    edited July 2007
    Haha if Trivium are a Metallica tribute band, then go them, because they do Metallica way better than Metallica did on their last cd.

Trivium's instrumental work on Ember to Inferno reminded me more of Metallica than anything on the Crusade, the only part of The Crusade that I think even kind of resembles Metallica is Matt's vocals.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    MidgetMe;22344 said:
    There's a quote for f****** truth!

I'm not just saying this, but I had gone out and bought Ember to Inferno shortly after it came out. I was looking through just new albums in general, heard an mp3, and picked up the cd. Very impressed, fell in love instantly.

They progressively got worse when they released Ascendancy but not too bad. Got a little softer, but what do you expect?

Then I was pumped when the new album (The Crusade) was coming out. I bought it without listening to any of the songs. First track comes on, and I just think to myself, "WTF is this, some James Hetfield wannabe sh*t?" I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I listened to the album.

Unfortunately, it's driven me to not even like Trivium anymore. Nor do I even listen to the first 2 albums. Don't get me wrong, they're very talented, and the music is great. But the singer has just lost all originality he started out with.
    edited July 2007
    Kutsic;22616 said:
    Haha if Trivium are a Metallica tribute band, then go them, because they do Metallica way better than Metallica did on their last cd.

Trivium's instrumental work on Ember to Inferno reminded me more of Metallica than anything on the Crusade, the only part of The Crusade that I think even kind of resembles Metallica is Matt's vocals.
    ignition is pretty metallica - ish
    edited July 2007
    MrtyMcfly;23037 said:
    There's a quote for f****** truth!

I'm not just saying this, but I had gone out and bought Ember to Inferno shortly after it came out. I was looking through just new albums in general, heard an mp3, and picked up the cd. Very impressed, fell in love instantly.

They progressively got worse when they released Ascendancy but not too bad. Got a little softer, but what do you expect?

Then I was pumped when the new album (The Crusade) was coming out. I bought it without listening to any of the songs. First track comes on, and I just think to myself, "WTF is this, some James Hetfield wannabe sh*t?" I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I listened to the album.

Unfortunately, it's driven me to not even like Trivium anymore. Nor do I even listen to the first 2 albums. Don't get me wrong, they're very talented, and the music is great. But the singer has just lost all originality he started out with.
    eh, im the exact opposite.

yeah he does sing a lil like the guy form mettalica but the **** that was on ascendancy was almost a joke, it was like.... he was TRYING to death growl and failed miserably at it...

oh well i sitll like em either way
    edited July 2007
    Kutsic;22616 said:
    So true. I hope Metallica can pull one out of thier ass on this new album (that they have been recording for 3 years).
    edited July 2007
    newwaytodie;23209 said:
    So true. I hope Metallica can pull one out of thier ass on this new album (that they have been recording for 3 years).
    nah i doubt it.
    they just arnt the same any more.
    edited July 2007
    Well, in all their interviews, they keep claiming that the songs are long and fast as hell, so who knows, maybe they really can make the album they should've made 10 years ago.

Everyone and their mom wants to be old school Metallica lately...except Metallica...it's kind of sad.
  • tmanrockstmanrocks Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    tharshmetalUK;19759 said:
    What do you guys think of Triv?
    I don't like trivium

To me some technical guitar work doesn't mean "everything"... I think metallica , trivium , slayer , and megadeth are all horridly over rated and they all need to fire their vocalists

Sorry! :)
    edited July 2007
    I hate Megadeth, especially the vocals, so I agree with you on that note. I also don't give a damn about technical guitar work (if I did, I know way better bands to listen to than Trivium and Metallica). And I actually agree that Trivium and Megadeth are overrated. Trivium's good, but Kerrang made them out to be the greatest group to ever touch instruments. Metallica and Slayer however, I think deserve every bit of the praise they get simply because without them, metal wouldn't be metal as we know it...at all.