DLC Discussion Thread - Week of 4/13/10 - Smash Mouth, The Used, Serj

edited April 2010 in Rock Band
HMXHenry;3621637 said:
Hey gang,

Not only is Serj Tankian returning with 2 more solo tracks (in addition to the previously released Beethoven's C*** and his System of a Down tracks), but we've got two artists hitting Rock Band for the first time next week! The Used will be rocking a 3 pack, and Smash Mouth bring a family friendly single to the table! Dig in!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (April 13) and PlayStation 3 system (April 15):

Serj Tankian – “Empty Walls”
Serj Tankian – “Sky is Over” +
Smash Mouth – “All Star” +
The Used – “Blood on My Hands”
The Used – “Born to Quit”
The Used – “The Taste of Ink”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “The Used Pack 01”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Everyone wish HMX Henry a wonderful birthday today!

Comments

• LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited April 2010
    Most likely nothing for me, but there's a slight possibility that I'll buy All Star. Happy birthday, Henry, hope you have a great one! :)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2010
    Definitely All Star, and I'll have to check out The Used later on (they're the guys with that Clash of the Titans trailer music? Sweet!).

Happy birthday, HMXHenry!
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I'll grab All Star for the nostalgia factor... but skip on the rest.

And Happy Birthday, Henry!
  • bacardi198bacardi198 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Dammit, no Coheed at all? Sucks...

Taste of Ink makes up for it...a little bit, but damn I was fiending for some more Coheed & Cambria.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Huge Serj fan so I'll definitely be picking up his two songs by him and I'll be getting the smash mouth song for nostalgic purposes. Don't really care about The Used but otherwise it is a solid week.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited April 2010
    This stuff is started to feel more and more like RBN-level quality.

Again, a pass for me this week!
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I think this is the longest Harmonix has gone without getting any music for me. I think the last thing I got was Otis, and before that who knows how long. I hope this ends soon.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    just checked out all star and the used on you tube, i lol'd

just serj.
  • sumboxcar182sumboxcar182 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Definitely getting everything, assuming the used is fun on drums. And can't pass up on smashmouth for purely nostalgia factor there (maybe i'm using the wrong word there)
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish..., wait wrong record...*cough**cough*...Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Henry, Happy Birthday to you :D

But boo for mediocre DLC :[
  • AngryWormAngryWorm Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    All-Star, are you serious? That's amazing.

Three consecutive weeks of win HMX :)
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I'm a little confused. The Zine post mentions that the Serj songs come from Elect the Dead Symphony, but Henry's post doesn't say "live".
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3621716 said:
    I'm a little confused. The Zine post mentions that the Serj songs come from Elect the Dead Symphony, but Henry's post doesn't say "live".
    It could just be promoting his new DVD. Besides, it would be pointless to have the tracks from the symphony since those are just an orchestra and Serj. I wouldn't want to play the guitar part on a violin.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Another down week. :( I'll pick up All-Star for the kiddo, but if we were getting The Used, the only song I would have wanted from them is The Bird and the Worm.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I'll probably pick up Smash Mouth. Everything else is super yawn-worthy for me. Been picking up a track a week or less lately. I'll wait anxiously for next week. Hopefully something more my style.
  • eke826seke826s Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Just when I thought the DLC couldn't get any worse. I sure several people out there are enjoying this stuff, but I've only downloaded 7 songs out of the last 70 or so.

And that's just because my wife likes Lady Gaga :D

I am counting the minutes until GD:RB comes out.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    YAY! I get to save my money again this week.
    Great news for those of you that dig this, love the fact HMX provides diversity in the DLC choices. BIG pass for me this week, again. I've really wanted some new songs, but the choices lately have not been my cup o' tea.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Pretty good but I would have liked "The Bird and the Worm" changed out with "Born to Lose" but overall I think its a good week.
  • Weeksy77Weeksy77 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Flawless;3621682 said:

Aye - I agree with that - but I'll still pick up All-Star for nostalgiac reasons......

Speaking of RBN quality - isn't that 30 day exclusivity on the first bunch of tracks up now? When are we seeing those first few tracks on the PS3?
  • cdesteycdestey Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Flawless;3621682 said:

I've found better quality on RBN than the last 2 weeks of DLC.
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Zine post: "Continuing on with the theme of beautiful and brutal wrapped up in one little package, we've got two tracks from Serj Tankian's Elect the Dead Symphony. This is a pretty amazing solo project from the System of a Down frontman. The entire live album was recorded with the Auckland Philharmonica Orchestra."

Does this mean the Serj tracks are live versions?
  • colter92colter92 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    More Serj is awesome! I would love to see a three pack of The Unthinking Majority, Honking Antelope, and Lie Lie Lie.
  • 0Sk8r00Sk8r0 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Ansatsu;3621659 said:
    I"m a little surprised you guys didn't pick The Used song used in the Clash of the Titans trailer that's been getting a lot of play.
    That would have been amazing! I would put that on a playlist 10 times or until my family got sick of hearing me sing it! :D hahaha
    Flawless;3621682 said:
    :eek: Are you kidding? no, really. The Used is HUGE! You may not like them, but are you gonna like everything HMX releases? I know I don't. :rolleyes:
    It's awesome that The Used is seeing their RB debut.
    Han Daimond;3621668 said:
    I used to like, heh, The Used, but they should used more songs from Maybe Memories album and not just "Taste of Ink". It would be cool to play "Bullimic", "Blue and Yellow", "Buried Myself Alive" and "Box Full of Sharped Objects".
    "Blue and Yellow" + "Box Full of Sharp Objects" = WIN
    I would like to see some stuff from In Love and Death, mainly because I still haven't picked up their latest album. "Dark Days" would be awesome to play too!
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    The Sky Is Over just made my day. I've been dreaming of this one ever since the first Serj Tankian DLC hit the store. **Kisses** to Harmonix for finally releasing this one.

Oh, and as per Apples' command:

~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY HMX HENRY!!!~~
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited April 2010
    I haven't liked much Harmonix has released in 2010.

My feelings are hurt and I am dying.

/emo
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Smash Mouth good, everything else this week bad. That is all.

Except maybe Pantera by the end of the month? Please?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited April 2010
    Happy birthday Henry!

This is the best week so far this year. I'm buying everything :D amazing week! Probably my fourth or fifth favorite week of all-time. Thanks for the great birthday presents Harmonix! I'll have 10 of the last 12 DLC songs. Woo! :D
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I may pick up "Sky is Over". I just listened to it, and it sounds more like the kind of Serj/SOAD stuff I like.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited April 2010
    ...wow. Getting all of it (after checking out 5 songs on Youtube, they sound worth me buying). Probably won't hear me say that again for a long while.

Still not 'excited' for next week, but for me, better than all other weeks this year.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2010
    Not a great week, not a s**t week. Just a week.

I think the only decent songs here are the songs from Serj. I'll at least be getting "Sky Is Over".
This discussion has been closed.