RBN songs not showing up in mystery setlists

clintilonaclintilona Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This kinda sucks. I sat around for about 45 minutes today letting the game choose my set list and not once did a RBN song come up. I didn't play any songs, I just let the game pick and then I'd look through the list to see if any RBN songs were in it. I'd then remove all the songs and start again.

I've purchased 76 RBN songs and I'll probably never really get the chance to play them solo. When I'm playing the game alone, I do mystery set lists or random songs. I have well over 1,000 songs total and the only way it stays interesting playing solo is by the surpirse of not knowing what song is coming next. Only thing I do know is that the next song will not be a RBN song.

Unfortunately, this means I will not be buying any more RBN songs unless there is something I really, really want.

Comments

• blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    It's been known for a long time that they won't show up in mystery setlists. They will show up if you select random in quickplay.

Why can't you just choose them to play?
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    In mystery setlist on world tour, it will not show up yes.
    I'm pretty sure though if you hit "random song" in quickplay, the RBN songs will be chosen.
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    So, you're going to deny yourself songs because of that? Um... Okay.

They will probably fix this for Rock Band 3, too. Just keep getting what you want.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Uh, play a setlist of RBN songs you really want. No reason to prevent yourself from playing them just because you're playing it for the Surprise Value, which is pointless.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    What a strange glitch.
  • revengefanrevengefan Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I had a similar post about this when the RBN went live. It seems that the only way to play an RBN song in Tour is to actually pick it. The songs won't show up in Mystery Setlists or if you choose the Random Song option in a create a setlist.:(

Harmonix has said that the reason they don't show up in Mystery Setlists is because the Mystery Setlists in Rock Band 2 have different difficulties attached to them and the game can't verify the difficulty of the RBN songs.
    Why they won't show up when you pick Random Song, I have no idea.:confused:

Since there is no chance of an RBN song coming up randomly in Tour, I have not gone into Tour since RBN went live. I now play Quickplay exclusively. Quickplay has no problem with choosing an RBN randomly.
    Hopefully, Rock Band 3 will fix this.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    dman2309;3623514 said:
    I'm pretty sure though if you hit "random song" in quickplay, the RBN songs will be chosen.
    They do.

Until RBN, I've *always* played Band World Tour; but since RBN came out, I switched to Quickplay, and the RBN songs show up readily enough in random sets. Just not in World Tour mode.
  • clintilonaclintilona Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Thrasher9294;3623675 said:
    Uh, play a setlist of RBN songs you really want. No reason to prevent yourself from playing them just because you're playing it for the Surprise Value, which is pointless.
    Responses like this are pretty pointless. Obviously if I was ever in the mood to play a specific set of songs I would do it. As I stated in my original post, the way this game stays enjoyable for me playing solo is through the suprise factor of "what's next?" I have hundreds of songs for Guitar Hero 5, but I never play it solo because I don't like choosing specific songs to play. I can't even remember the last time I played solo because I was in the mood to play a particular song. The only time I don't let the game choose my songs is when I am playing with others and even then we sometimes just choose random song.

Thanks to those who suggested playing Quickplay. I've only ever played solo through the Tour mode, but I guess I'll go to Quickplay from now on. Though I still hope Harmonix fixes the issue in the near future.
  • jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    give this a try; continue playing tour, select create your own setlist, pick all random songs
    edited April 2010
    jmohr1;3624979 said:
    give this a try; continue playing tour, select create your own setlist, pick all random songs
    That doesn't work. It seems that the only way to play an RBN song in Tour is to actually pick it. The songs won't show up in Mystery Setlists or if you choose the Random Song option in a create a setlist.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Another gripe about RBN songs is that when your looking at what your friends are doing via xbox dashboard, it just says their playing a RBN song and doesnt specify which song it really is like a regular music store song.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    revengefan;3628012 said:
    The songs won't show up in Mystery Setlists or if you choose the Random Song option in a create a setlist.
    Are you sure about that? I've seen RBN songs turn up when doing random select in Quickplay.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    taylorlee;3623823 said:
    What a strange glitch.
    Over at Activision, they call them 'Features'. ;)
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    The songs won't show up in Mystery Setlists or if you choose the Random Song option in a create a setlist.
    I just checked in Tour mode that I can bring in a RBN song using "Random Song" in any of the Make a Setlist gigs.
    edited April 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3629415 said:
    Are you sure about that? I've seen RBN songs turn up when doing random select in Quickplay.
    I was talking about the Tour. Random songs work in Quickplay, but not in the Tour "Make a Setlist" gigs.
    Masem;3629740 said:
    I just checked in Tour mode that I can bring in a RBN song using "Random Song" in any of the Make a Setlist gigs.
    Seriously? I have over 100 RBN songs and couldn't get one to show up randomly in Tour. This is also what the OP was complaining about.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Rock Band 2 is almost 2 years old now. So I understand that some things are not possible. Im gonna take a wild guess and figure that RB3 will have this problem fixed.

Its no big whoop to me.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    cant we just get by with enjoying the music and not worrying about wether or not it comes up "randomly"?

first people complain songs cant be taken out of the random setlists
    now they want some in that wont show....

what next......?

demanding songs they dont own showing up :D