Aussie RBN?

SmellOnLiveSmellOnLive Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
As Rock Band 2 never got released in Australia, I was forced to import it from the UK. I've recently downloaded some Music Store DLC, and then the RBN came out. I can't access it. I don't know whether it's because you can't get XNA in Australia, or whether I'm blocked out because the RB2 developers thought that we wouldn't need it. Can this get cleared up, and if this is impossible, can we get some songs released on the Music Store, like the PS3 and Wii versions will get?

Comments

• CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I don't know whether it's because you can't get XNA in Australia, or whether I'm blocked out because the RB2 developers thought that we wouldn't need it
    It's the first one. A lot of European countries haven't got RBN, too.
  • SmellOnLiveSmellOnLive Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    CloudWolf;3624495 said:
    It's the first one. A lot of European countries haven't got RBN, too.
    Damn, I hope there's a way around this issue in the future.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    SmellOnLive;3624508 said:
    Damn, I hope there's a way around this issue in the future.
    Make US account, buy US points.

Congratulations you can now access and purchase songs using the RBN!
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I too imported and can safely vouch for ThunderCurls' statement, 1) Because he likes Turmion Katilot and unlike lazy me bothered to type it correctly and 2) Because he's right lol.

Also as an extra note you can even still play the demos (as well as bought songs) on your Australian account after downloading, (except you can't use the buy now option obviously)

EDIT: Guide to making American Xbox Live Account: http://microsoft-import.blogspot.com/2007/11/create-japan-usa-xbox-live-accounts.html

It's been awhile since I did it so it may have changed (and the article is fairly old) but hopefully it should still be a guide
  • SmellOnLiveSmellOnLive Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    OK, I've done this now and it works a charm! Thanks a bunch.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    Welcome to the fantastic world of being poor due to too much awesome stuff being released each week :D
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    noble;3625787 said:
    Welcome to the fantastic world of being poor due to too much awesome stuff being released each week :D
    brother you're singing my song.
  • Gene_WeenGene_Ween Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    johnnyboyblade;3625220 said:
    I too imported and can safely vouch for ThunderCurls' statement, 1) Because he likes Turmion Katilot and unlike lazy me bothered to type it correctly and 2) Because he's right lol.

Also as an extra note you can even still play the demos (as well as bought songs) on your Australian account after downloading, (except you can't use the buy now option obviously)

EDIT: Guide to making American Xbox Live Account: http://microsoft-import.blogspot.com/2007/11/create-japan-usa-xbox-live-accounts.html

It's been awhile since I did it so it may have changed (and the article is fairly old) but hopefully it should still be a guide
    Thanks for that, it worked perfectly... but how do I add MS points?
    I can't use my cc because the address (country) is different.

I read somewhere that MS points cards are region restricted, does anyone know if this is true?
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Gene_Ween;3677072 said:
    I read somewhere that MS points cards are region restricted, does anyone know if this is true?
    Yes, thats true. Buy them online (http://www.maximuscards.com/ for example, I used them a few times already) and have them almost instantly emailed to you.
  • bradjfowlerbradjfowler Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    axelkothe;3677686 said:
    Yes, thats true. Buy them online (http://www.maximuscards.com/ for example, I used them a few times already) and have them almost instantly emailed to you.
    What he said :)

I've been using www.maximuscards.com for about 2 years now since I got the first RB and have never had a problem. You always get the code about 30 secs after paying.
  • deepfriedmariodeepfriedmario Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys for the link to Maximus Cards! I use to use eBay to purchase US MS points and it was a rather tedious process that I stopped so I never did get any RBN songs.

Just bought a card from Maximus Cards and only took a few seconds after the invoice to appear in my inbox. Time to go on an RBN spree!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Wow, that Maximus Cards is amazing. I'd buy points from them if they sold Japanese 360 points (for non-Rock Band reasons, obviously). Importing Japanese 360 points cards is so tedious and expensive. :(

I buy US points from Amazon.com, their digital method. You instantly get the code there too. I'm in the US, but buy there because it's sales tax-free and I don't have to wait for a card to be shipped. But I have the feeling Amazon won't sell you this if you are outside the US.
  • bradjfowlerbradjfowler Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    deepfriedmario;3680497 said:
    Thanks guys for the link to Maximus Cards! I use to use eBay to purchase US MS points and it was a rather tedious process that I stopped so I never did get any RBN songs.

Just bought a card from Maximus Cards and only took a few seconds after the invoice to appear in my inbox. Time to go on an RBN spree!
    No worries, have fun :D

I recommend trying Sick from Bif Naked, it was a completely unexpected find and now one of my favourite songs. Plus, the charts are good and the sound quality is great!

There's quite a few on there with less-than-ideal sound quality unfortunately, but if the preview sounds clear and the volume is good, it's usually ok. Plus, you can always try before you buy.

Jeccaneko: You are correct, Amazon won't sell Aussies the US points
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited May 2010
    bradjfowler;3680948 said:

Jeccaneko: You are correct, Amazon won't sell Aussies the US points
    Figured not. Amazon likes to limit video game purchases. I buy from Amazon.co.jp sometimes and they won't let me buy Japanese 360 points - part of the reason those points are expensive for me, as I have to go other routes.

Thanks for the confirmation though.
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Hey so does this Maximus Cards site charge any conversion rate, or do they charge a stable 25 Australian when you buy points? Because I'm in NZ and have had an American account for a while, would love to pick up some RBN stuff, and I'm just wondering.