Non-English Tracks, when?

AerondAerond Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hi!

I play in a band in Spain (with songs in Spanish) and I would like to know when songs which aren´t in English are going to be accepted in RBN. We´re dying to be part of the project!

Comments

  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    dude, could you get in touch with avalanch over there in spain, we need some metal from spain \m/
  • AerondAerond Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    whypick1;3624558 said:
    The list of approved languages for RBN songs are English, Spanish, French, and Italian.
    Mmmh, I didn´t know that. I was told by an author that only English was valid ATM. Thanks!
  • DarkSaviorDarkSavior Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Isn't one of the reasons other languages aren't available is due to the lack of a sufficient amount of play testers/peer reviewers that are fluent in other languages (I think this was mentioned in regards to Japanese songs)?
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Now if only German would be supported.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    we have 2 german songs i believe, perfect welle and heir kommt alex, don't see why there shouldn't be more allowed
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    The problem is, from what I understand, is that the tester/reviewer has to understand the language they are testing.

    So it's not that it isn't allowed, it's that there are only a very few testers that speak a different language, so we can't test the lyrics for content, or spelling errors, or if they even make sense.
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Well I'm german and I would love to have more german tracks in the game (I already wrote 30 german bands about RBN) but they don't seem to respond. I think it is a problem that only american people can playtest and upload songs at the moment. If they would make it worldwide maybe there would be more Authoring Studios in other countries.

    As a whole HMX does a really good job at promoting RBN in the US (SxSW and so on) but they have to start promoting it in other countries such as germany to get the ball rolling. In germany rock band is still really unknown. Everybody still associates GH with music games here. I do the best to change this of course ;-)

    HMX has to work more with international artists. The only local songs we got were with the release of RB1 several years ago. Since then there has been no further involvement of german bands which is really disappointing because people would gravitate more to the rock band brand if there were more local bands in the game
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    No german. Damn. I was hoping someone to contact Rammstein aswell.
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    At the moment german RBN songs seem really unlikely. I think only huge bands such as Rammstein have a chance to be released via normal DLC not RBN.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    KMFDM is in the network.

    Of course they do both German and English songs, so that's probably why. (meaning we're getting the english only ones so far).
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    In actual fact... would you really need playtesters for speaking German? Surely you could just find someone (or two) to run the lyrics before playing?

    If not then I guess I'll have to start committing to learning German instead of slowly picking up a word or phrase every week. I currently have a playtesters thing for another month or so and would happily pick it up again over the summer now I have no coursework left to do.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Oh noes, as it turns out German isn't a language :/

    Unless it's because they haven't got non-standard letters at the moment (hopes for RB3 to change things)
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Just wanted to say "non-standard" letters as you call them are not the problem. What would a game called Rock Band be without Umlauts ;-) The Juli and Toten Hosen songs we have in the game feature several
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3625614 said:
    As a whole HMX does a really good job at promoting RBN in the US (SxSW and so on) but they have to start promoting it in other countries such as Germany to get the ball rolling. In Germany rock band is still really unknown. Everybody still associates GH with music games here. I do the best to change this of course ;-)
    The most probable RBN promotion in Germany will imo be at the gamescom '10 (August 18-22), but I think it'll totally be overshadowed by RB3 & some Guitar Hero titles.

    Admit it or don't, but Rock Band & Guitar Hero both don't stand a chance against Singstar & Lips, because most people over here just don't see the point of buying expensive plastic instruments, no matter how much fun they're delivering :(
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Right, but Gamescom is not a music festival like SxSW, I don't think a lot of bands will be there, to notice RBN. The people that are there are gamers. Rock Band 3 will be the big news I think, looking forward to playing it at Gamescom :-)))
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    SpiderSambo;3625641 said:
    In actual fact... would you really need playtesters for speaking German? Surely you could just find someone (or two) to run the lyrics before playing?

    If not then I guess I'll have to start committing to learning German instead of slowly picking up a word or phrase every week. I currently have a playtesters thing for another month or so and would happily pick it up again over the summer now I have no coursework left to do.


    I do know that one of the requirements on the reviewing form is : "I Agree to the Terms and I have played through this song in my language."

    Now there was a Spanish language song which has passed and gone into the store. I couldn't test it because I only speak English. However it got enough votes to pass(but I'm thinking that might be because Spanish is a more common second language here in the states).

    So I don't know if someone that did speak spanish just came in and said yep it makes sense and there is no foul language, or if all the testers did indeed understand spanish.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3625649 said:
    Right, but Gamescom is not a music festival like SxSW, I don't think a lot of bands will be there, to notice RBN. The people that are there are gamers.
    Didn't the only German music convention "Popkomm" get the shaft?
    st4t1c v01d;3625649 said:
    Rock Band 3 will be the big news I think, looking forward to playing it at Gamescom :-)))
    Me too, I live in Bonn & am a student in Cologne, can't wait *drool*
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    A little off-topic but these are all the german bands i contacted. I got one negative reply and the others didn't respond at all:

    Accept
    ASP
    Die
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    if the testing process were open to people from outside the u.s. language wouldn't be an issue.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    jimbury;3625669 said:
    if the testing process were open to people from outside the u.s. language wouldn't be an issue.
    But in this case people could mess around with "exotic" foreign languages llike Polish, Finnish, Afrikaans etc. and HMX wouldn't stand a chance to test that stuff. I don't see this working, as long as nobody at HMX knows each language :eek:
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    Pankrazzo;3625679 said:
    But in this case people could mess around with "exotic" foreign languages llike Polish, Finnish, Afrikaans etc. and HMX wouldn't stand a chance to test that stuff. I don't see this working, as long as nobody at HMX knows each language :eek:


    Yeah but as long as there were enough qualified testers that spoke (insert language here) to test and review it for errors, it wouldn't be an issue, as I don't think HMX does much hands on with testing in RBN.

    It's pretty much all peer reviewing, and HMX making sure the copyrights are all taken care of.

    At least that is my understanding of it :)
  • TeamAliceFTWTeamAliceFTW Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I would actually love to see some NAAST. Mauvais Garcon is an awesome song, and I could impress the ladies by singing in French.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    noble;3625680 said:
    It's pretty much all peer reviewing, and HMX making sure the copyrights are all taken care of.

    At least that is my understanding of it :)
    I think they're definitely taking a look at the lyrics and decide whether it's family friendly or not, aren't they?
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Pankrazzo;3625819 said:
    I think they're definitely taking a look at the lyrics and decide whether it's family friendly or not, aren't they?
    Why? Lego Rock Band does not support RBN, so there's no need to :-)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3625867 said:
    Why? Lego Rock Band does not support RBN, so there's no need to :-)
    Rock Band 2 is not rated M. There are still things that can't be in the lyrics.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Hey st4t1c v01d

    Any chance you could send a request to Holy Moses?

    They're the only other German band that I adore that isn't on your list.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    Pankrazzo;3625819 said:
    I think they're definitely taking a look at the lyrics and decide whether it's family friendly or not, aren't they?

    See we do that in peer review.

    I honestly don't know how much or what HMX looks at on a track before it passes into the store.

    I had just assumed(and could have done so incorrectly), that they were just making sure all the 'legal' aspects were covered before releasing it.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    jimbury;3625587 said:
    we have 2 german songs i believe, perfect welle and heir kommt alex, don't see why there shouldn't be more allowed
    The main music store also has covers and songs over 10 minutes.
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    whypick1;3624558 said:
    The list of approved languages for RBN songs are English, Spanish, French, and Italian.
    LOL Maybe someone should do "Jen Ai Marre" by Alizee! XD
Sign In or Register to comment.