Mayday.......Mayday Parade

Raider145Raider145 Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Just wondering why the Mayday Parade Song is 240 points on the rock band network and every other song that i have ever seen is 80 or 160 if some one has some insite i would appreciate it thanks

Raider145 -Expert Drums Bass Guitar Vocals
Furious Kitty

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Because Fearless Records wanted to sell it for that price?
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    The RBN allows for the author to set a price point of either 80, 160, or 240 MSP. Some labels have been testing out the 240 price point most notoriously EMI.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Because record labels are greedy and don't bother to check out our complaints with that price.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited April 2010
    I get the feeling that some of the labels may not realize how the price structure works for Rock Band. They were presented the 240 option so they might think that it's a regular occurrence. Mayday Parade is one of Fearless' best selling artists, so I could see how it would make sense to them.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    kingtonyx;3627320 said:
    I get the feeling that some of the labels may not realize how the price structure works for Rock Band. They were presented the 240 option so they might think that it's a regular occurrence. Mayday Parade is one of Fearless' best selling artists, so I could see how it would make sense to them.
    True. Whenever I contact a band about the pricing of a song, I always give a description of each price's usage. More authors/companies should do this to try and avoid any more 240msp songs
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I downloaded it based on the 30 second audio clip from the store, played it. Never hearing that of that song before, or that band, I'd say it was worth 240 points.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Note that most of Fearless' RBN songs are 80 or 160MSP. They're clearly interested in trying out different pricings for their songs to see whether a lesser-known 80MSP song that sells a lot, or a popular 240MSP song (apparently, the Mayday Parade song is pretty big in the US,) that sells less is more profitable.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I really wonder if Jamie All Over will be $3.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still buy it.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I would buy the song, but 3$ is my breaking point. There are only a handful of bands I would pay 3$ for and there charts and audio would have to be perfect.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Poncho;3628342 said:
    I would buy the song, but 3$ is my breaking point. There are only a handful of bands I would pay 3$ for and there charts and audio would have to be perfect.
    You could always pretend you paid 160 for Push Push. That's how I justified my purchase of Toy Soldiers on XBLA until I realized it was worth the money spent.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    weirdphil;3627396 said:
    I downloaded it based on the 30 second audio clip from the store, played it. Never hearing that of that song before, or that band, I'd say it was worth 240 points.
    This.
    I was against the thought of a $3 song, that isn't AFI or Protest the Hero (favorite bands right there). But I thought the guitar and drum tracks were rather fun, and the song's catchy as hell. So it's worth it to me.

I also haven't heard any other songs of theirs, so I'm not too sure if any others coming to the RBN would be worth it to me if they were $3.