Bright Midnight to bring 4 songs to RBN with Ozone Entertainment

TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
(PHILADELPHIA) -- Ozone Entertainment today announced that they have signed Dallas-based band Bright Midnight for four songs to appear in the Rock Band Network.

"Ozone Entertainment has a great catalogue of music through the RBN," said Owen Douglass, owner of Ozone Entertainment. "After being approached by them and listening to their music, we felt they were a perfect fit and will provide fun content for players."

The songs that Ozone Entertainment will be working on are:

"American Prayer"
"Good Night"
"When You're Down"
"La Minuit"

The tracks will be available for $0.99, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track.

Formed in February 2009, Bright Midnight is a collaboration between Hillis Emanuelson on vocals and guitar, as well as controlling all production, synthesizers and songwriting, while Austin Merrill helps out on bass, and Jimmy Jenkins holding down the drums. The band is writing enough songs for a show, planning on playing a small series of shows in downtown Dallas over the summer of 2010.

The band's full EP "Liberation" will be coming to the RBN, and is now currently available for download on iTunes. You can purchase it at http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/liberation-ep/id357117514.

For more infomation on Bright Midnight, visit: http://www.soundclick.com/brightmidnight.

© 2010 Ozone Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., an MTV Networks company. Rock Band and Rock Band 2 are developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. MTV: Music Television, MTV Games and all related titles and logos are trademarks of MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile and POGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
On a personal note, I'd like to ignore the fact they're from Dallas because their music is pretty good. ;)

Comments

• SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    The link you posted doesnt mention La Minuit as coming to RBN :confused:

Bright Midnight will now have three songs available for download in the Rock Band Network Music Store! In addition to the previously announced "The Stranger", new tracks "Killers of the Worst Type" and "For The Strange" will also be available for download. Will post more details as they come!

Their music seems very laid back, i could chill to it but not sure if i could be pumped for playing it though the likes of Good Night sounds like it could be very interesting for charts... will look more into them when they reach the store
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    One of the major authoring companies is doing those. Not pleased with their service, we were contacted to work on these four.
  • Lizard_KingLizard_King Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    just edited the band page to reflect the news :)
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Nice catch. I'm always looking forward to any bands you've managed to lure to RBN, ozone. :D
  • thirdmortalthirdmortal Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    TheOzone;3629123 said:
    One of the major authoring companies is doing those. Not pleased with their service, we were contacted to work on these four.
    Out of curiosity, can we get any more details?
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    thirdmortal;3629715 said:
    Out of respect to the other company, I feel it is not my place to give details. However, if Lizard_King would like to he can since he's part of the band.
    edited April 2010
    thirdmortal;3629715 said:
    the previously announced songs from us (The Stranger, For the Strange, Killers of the Worst Type, Liberation, Floating Feather, Don't Eye Me Like a Child) will still be coming to the RBN. No worries about that. We just wanted to explore the different authoring companies for the next batch of songs, thats all there is to it :)
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3629087 said:

Their music seems very laid back, i could chill to it but not sure if i could be pumped for playing it though the likes of Good Night sounds like it could be very interesting for charts... will look more into them when they reach the store

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by all the charts, sometimes the drums get a little low in the mix, and can mask some of the more technical stuff he's doing, so just be prepared :)
    edited April 2010
    weirdphil;3629603 said:
    Nice catch. I'm always looking forward to any bands you've managed to lure to RBN, ozone. :D
    glad you enjoyed our stuff! well keep you posted on progress in here, so say tuned :)
    edited May 2010
    to those interested:

we have just finished recording two songs for our next EP, "La Minuit", called "The Fringe", and "Infant Days", and at some point will most likely be heading to the RBN. They are currently available for free download below.

Infant Days
    The Fringe

Thanks! Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!
    edited June 2010
    listeners:

two more tracks from our forthcoming album, "La Minuit" are available for free download currently at our website. they will be on the RBN at some point, so get excited :) they are called "count me sold" and "skinny girl".

links:Skinny Girl

Count Me Sold

just click on the "down" button to download. thanks for listening, hope you enjoy!
    edited July 2010
    News! another track, "Hand Me Down" has just been completed, and will be on the RBN very shortly! Check it out below, and download it for free!

Hand Me Down

Thanks! Hope you enjoy!
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Lizard_King;3860592 said:
    News! another track, "Hand Me Down" has just been completed, and will be on the RBN very shortly!
    That's sweet.
    edited July 2010
    Goatbuster;3860640 said:
    That's sweet.
    thanks man, glad you liked the song!

in other news, three of our older demo tracks, "The Stranger", "For the Strange" and "Killers of the Worst Type" are in the Playtest/Peer Review process! "For the Strange" and "The Stranger" are in Playtest, and "Killers" is in Peer Review! Please help them along in the process :)

links:
    The Stranger Playtest
    For The Strange Playtest
    Killers of the Worst Type Peer Review

Thanks! Hope you enjoy!