Rock Band Network on Attack of the Show!

NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Featuring, of course, The Girl at the Video Game Store and its author. Perhaps this is why they pulled the song, so they could debut it the same day that this segment was played. A lot of interesting demonstrations of the RBN authoring process boiled down to a few seconds for people with ADHD.

http://g4tv.com/videos/45307/Girl-At-The-Video-Game-Store-on-Rock-Band/?quality=hd

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    If that's the case, that's not very fair they got to choose their song's release date while the rest of us can't.

I'm know it's AoTS, but I'm just saying.

Other than that, the video was pretty cool and showed off the RBN tools nicely.
  • CleantoneCleantone Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    They probably got to choose then they aired the segment. Not released the song on RBN.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited April 2010
    TheOzone;3631777 said:
    If that's the case, that's not very fair they got to choose their song's release date while the rest of us can't.
    I think what they did pretty much anyone can by not submitting the legal proof/consent/whatever til you are ready for it to be in the store.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I like that song, and hope it makes the crossover fairly early on. Come to think of it, they didn't mention that it's not available for the PS3 or Wii yet... so I expect a flood of complaint threads in the near future.

And to think, we've finally quieted down a bit.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    war_lord;3631819 said:
    Come to think of it, they didn't mention that it's not available for the PS3 or Wii yet... so I expect a flood of complaint threads in the near future.
    They said it was coming to RBN.

RBN is only on the 360.

Thus, the song is only on the 360.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Casto21;3631793 said:
    I think what they did pretty much anyone can by not submitting the legal proof/consent/whatever til you are ready for it to be in the store.
    I think this is less possible to impossible now because hmx wants the consents before new songs even go to playtest.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    ethicalpaul;3632374 said:
    I think this is less possible to impossible now because hmx wants the consents before new songs even go to playtest.
    Exactly.

I find it extremely annoying that they did this, as now it completely eliminates the ability to have, for example, a full album come out on the same day. I understand the reasoning behind why they changed it, but it still is disappointing.

What would be nice is if after a song is in "approved status" you can have on the song page on Creators an option to set the date in which you'd like the song to be published in the store. It'd take some work, but I feel it'd be worthwhile to have the option.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    TheOzone;3632396 said:
    Exactly.

I find it extremely annoying that they did this, as now it completely eliminates the ability to have, for example, a full album come out on the same day. I understand the reasoning behind why they changed it, but it still is disappointing.

What would be nice is if after a song is in "approved status" you can have on the song page on Creators an option to set the date in which you'd like the song to be published in the store. It'd take some work, but I feel it'd be worthwhile to have the option.
    Wouldnt Microsoft have a big say in whether or not you could pick dlc release dates for RBN songs
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited April 2010
    ethicalpaul;3632374 said:
    Didn't know this was the case now. I am glad they are doing that though, the last thing I want to do as a tester/reviewer is spend time on a song that will never see light of day.
    TheOzone;3632396 said:
    That would be a very nice addition. There are a lot of those that I hope we see someday.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    There is a stage in the 'Approval Pending' range, where all Peer Reviews are in, and the track is in quarantine to allow HMX the opportunity to check feedback notes and do their own verification.

We've already seen that tracks will go up for sale earlier on the xbox.com marketplace site, but are delayed for the in-game RBN Store. This is partly due to the fact that HMX will assemble the list for what's released on a given day by hand (or at least 'under editorial auspices'), linking up the offer IDs to the DLC in question.

As such, I don't think it would be any great feat for an author to email HMX and say, "Hey, that one track approved today? Can you hold it 'til next Tuesday? Thanks!"

Of course, it'll still be available at xbox.com before that, as part of the automated XNA process, but it might help your press-blitz a little to sync at least one channel to the announcement.

- m
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    T-Hybrid;3632052 said:
    They said it was coming to RBN.

RBN is only on the 360.

Thus, the song is only on the 360.
    And you expect the average non-forum visiting AOTS fan to know this because...?
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    As such, I don't think it would be any great feat for an author to email HMX and say, "Hey, that one track approved today? Can you hold it 'til next Tuesday? Thanks!"
    You are right in that it is no great feat at all for an author to email HMX. But the HMX holding it part apparently is impossible. Sorry to be a wet blanket!
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    ethicalpaul;3633304 said:
    But the HMX holding it part apparently is impossible.
    Well, it happened in this instance, somehow. ;)

We know that tracks *are* being held for the RBN in-game store for purposes of legal clearance. This doesn't stop the links on xbox.com from happening, though.

Not that it means HMX *wants* to be part of the PR-timing system, or will volunteer this "service" for artists/authors/management...

- m
  • b2trumpetb2trumpet Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Anyone else notice them playing Green Day: Rock Band near the end?