I should have known better that to doubt HMX

Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
edited June 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
While I liked Lego, there were several guitar charts I was lukewarm to. However, I've just now gotten around to playing many of these songs on Bass, and I have to say, wow. There are some pretty awesome bass charts in Lego. I don't know if they aimed for this since bass tends to be easier so kids might play that more, or they just happened to get lucky with the songs they picked, but I was impressed.

Comments

• SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Bront20;3633520 said:
    While I liked Lego, there were several guitar charts I was lukewarm to. However, I've just now gotten around to playing many of these songs on Bass, and I have to say, wow. There are some pretty awesome bass charts in Lego. I don't know if they aimed for this since bass tends to be easier so kids might play that more, or they just happened to get lucky with the songs they picked, but I was impressed.
    Sadly i see no examples offered of the Bass charts you were so clearly impressed by :(
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Kung Fu Fighting?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3635112 said:
    Sadly i see no examples offered of the Bass charts you were so clearly impressed by :(
    Crocodile Rock
    Let's Dance
    A-Punk
    Kung-Fu Fighting
    Fire

At least to name a few.

I seem to remember In Too Deep, Stumble and Fall, Two Princes, Valerie, and Monster having fun charts too.

Sadly, I'll admit a few of them came up in random setlits and I was impressed enough to make the post, but waited too long and forgot the songs :o
  • GreenIllusionGreenIllusion Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Just to add to this, I love "I want you back" on bass!
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I quite enjoy the bass part to Suddenly I See.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3638964 said:
    Shocking truth - considering its by far my fave song on the disc ive never played it on bass. Will have to rectify this when i next load up RB2 or LRB :eek:
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    So Bass isn't being ignored anymore i guess? :)
  • KigalasKigalas Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3638964 said:
    I just had to laugh at that one. That's the song my buddy dislikes playing the most of all the lego tracks on bass.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3639130 said:
    Well, it was about time!
    edited April 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3639130 said:
    I haven't played all the Lego songs on bass, but I haven't found a real stinker yet (though I don't expect to be wowed by "We Will Rock You", but I'll excuse it). Mostly charts that I'd rate between a 3 and a 5 on RBDLC if I were rating them.

I don't know if it's just a slight change in philosophy of charting on bass, or simply they've had a better pick of bass songs of late. A lot of the more recent DLC has been good too.
  • PopbumperPopbumper Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    GreenIllusion;3635814 said:
    Just to add to this, I love "I want you back" on bass!
    Gotta say this one is probably my favorite. When I first tried it, I was beat down - but can now play it on expert with great success!

Pop
  • edited June 2010
    Only lame songs on bass for me were We Will Rock You(still better than I expected, I expected 0 notes for the whole song) and Crash(straight alt-strumming the whole time with minimal change)
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I excuse "We Will Rock You" because of it being an epic song that I don't think anyone expects to be an instrumental masterpiece.
  • edited June 2010
    Bront20;3734913 said:
    Yeah, I excuse "We Will Rock You" because of it being an epic song that I don't think anyone expects to be an instrumental masterpiece.
    I agree, I was surprised when it was announced on disc because I was sure that there would be no bass part.