Worth Exporting?

dethklokdethklok Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Let me start by saying i love L:RB

Now... with $10 to export the songs, is it worth it? I actually would like to play some of the L:RB songs on RB2, but i think 10 is too much.

So yes or no, is it worth exporting?

Comments

• dethklokdethklok Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Thanks! Im gonna export it on my next paycheck :D
  • nissanaltima17nissanaltima17 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I rented LRB and I really enjoyed most of the songs. I certainly don't like all of them but I actually went and bought the game (after the price of a new game went from 55 to 30) and exported it. It kinda sucked that I had just spent 30 bucks and then had to buy the microsoft points to export it and since they changed the amount of mic points you buy in the bundle pack, well,..it was slightly annoying. But now I have RB1 and LRB all on my RB2 disc. I like it :) But I wouldn't suggest doing it if you don't like the songs. <3
  • Vogard7AVogard7A Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    The Final Countdown by Europe is worth the $10 export fee alone. ^_^
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I've always been a guitar player myself, but L:RB def has some great basslines and drumbeats that are much more varied and interesting than a lot of RB2's.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2010
    My one teeny little nitpick is that the LRB tracks don't have the LRB icon when exported into RB2. Instead they have the regular DLC icon. I kind of hope that gets "fixed" for RB3, but again, it's just a nitpick.

I exported without hesitation as soon as I had the chance. LRB is fun in its own right, but having all those songs in a single game is so much better.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    the l:rb songs on rb2 are by 10000000000 more enyojable on the rb platform.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Vogard7A;3653627 said:
    The Final Countdown by Europe is worth the $10 export fee alone. ^_^
    ^This
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I was thinking the same thing about is it worth downloading LRB. When playing online how many people actually have LRB? Do you run into people who have this more than regular DLC?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    XxxadxxX;3656235 said:
    I was thinking the same thing about is it worth downloading LRB. When playing online how many people actually have LRB? Do you run into people who have this more than regular DLC?
    Ive ran into a few people, but nobody has ever picked one of the songs.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I'd say it's worth it. Definitely enough songs to warrant it (Hendrix, Foo Fighters, Elton John, T. Rex, etc.)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    For $10, you'll always own those 45 songs even if you eventually decide to sell LRB, and you can play them on RB2. Well worth it.
    BohemianMatt;3653636 said:
    I've always been a guitar player myself, but L:RB def has some great basslines and drumbeats that are much more varied and interesting than a lot of RB2's.
    Absolutely. I'm playing all my songs on Bass again, but I was quite surprised how awesome some of the bass lines were. Some more interesting than the guitar chart, and a better percentage of fun basslines over RB2.
    XxxadxxX;3656235 said:
    More people will if you talk them into buying it ;)

I've been seeing a lack of RB1 songs online lately, and by the scores on Keldon's site, LRB exports aren't lighting up the world, though it's possible that most haven't played every song, and it's different folks missing from each song. It's a shame.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I exported, and i honestly don't play many of them. But they are better to play in RB2. Did'nt like L:RB
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    It really depends on how many of the songs you like. I actually do like most of them, but there are a handful of stinkers that you will be stuck with.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I exported it, and we play those songs as much as we play the RB1, RB2, and DLC songs. There are some songs that I really don't like at all and are stuck with them. However the amount of bad songs is fairly low.
  • Stormfan Stormfan Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    i've exported l:rb and i think its worth it. it's made me wish for more bryan adams content.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I bought LRB specifically to export the songs into RB2, and ended up really enjoying the game! Now that I've played the Story mode once and did about all I want to do in LRB, I like having the songs in RB2, especially since it adds the amount of songs by other artists, and Like doing a "Queen" set or a "Spinal Tap" set.

I can also live with having my life ruined by having "Kung Fu Fighting" show up in mystery set lists in RB2. Man, I hate that song on Expert! :P
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    dethklok;3638033 said:
    Let me start by saying i love L:RB

Now... with $10 to export the songs, is it worth it? I actually would like to play some of the L:RB songs on RB2, but i think 10 is too much.

So yes or no, is it worth exporting?
    Heck, if you like any one time/genre, there should be enough to justify the money.

And Final Countdown is worth $10 on its own. ;)
  • ShewBoxXShewBoxX Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    how do you export the songs, i got the code after using the manuals code on the site, yeah now what?
    edited May 2010
    The new code you got, put that code onto the redeem code section on xbox live. Then pop in Lego RB go to market place and download songs. Make sure you have the 800MSP :) Hope that helps.
  • ShewBoxXShewBoxX Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    i have a ps3 so let me translate that and see if its right? i put in my code and i had to download the "export key" which as far as i know it didnt charge me, so now i have this key. do i go to the in game lego rockband store and do some sort of export or do i go to the Rock Band 2 in game store and export them from there?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Pay the $10, sell Lego for $15. You win.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Screw all this talk about Final Countdown

its more about Ghostbusters!
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    yeah I'd say it's worth it. Especially with the price falling on new copies of the game. If you know where to look, you can get it for $20-30.

I'm glad I exported it for Let's Dance, Ghostbusters, The Final Countdown, Song 2, Fire, Summer of '69, Two Princes, Both Queen songs, and You Give Love a Bad Name.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    ShewBoxX;3674492 said:
    i have a ps3 so let me translate that and see if its right? i put in my code and i had to download the "export key" which as far as i know it didnt charge me, so now i have this key. do i go to the in game lego rockband store and do some sort of export or do i go to the Rock Band 2 in game store and export them from there?
    Now that you've downloaded the export key:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Load Lego Rock Band
    [*]Go into the music store
    [*]Got to the export option
    [*]pay $10 for the export
    [*]download 1.2 GB file
    [*]Install
    [*]Play the songs on RB1 or 2.
    [/LIST]
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited May 2010
    XxxadxxX;3656235 said:
    More than regular DLC? No. But I run into more and more people with the Lego tracks all the time. Whenever I run into people with them, the songs are generally picked.
  • pinkkisscandypinkkisscandy Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I would if I could, but I have Wii.
    edited May 2010
    pinkkisscandy;3685556 said:
    I would if I could, but I have Wii.
    That's to bad.

I was on the fence about the export. Caved in and uploaded it onto RB2 and couldn't be any happier:). The deciding factor was that some of the songs were early 80's and being a child of the 80's I couldn't resist.
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Yes it is totally worth exporting. Trust me! :D
  • rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
    edited May 2010
    Definitely worth it! It has the gems (You Give Love A Bad Name, Fire, Dig, Two Princes, Queen, Foo Fighters) and...actually I like ALL of them! But the saddest thing is that I rarely see people with Lego DLC and if ever I come across a person who has them, I immediately add them on XBL for future sessions, regardless of skill, I just wanna play Breakout with you :P