Krazy RB3 DLC Week 1 - QotSA, Queen, Sex Pistols, Muse, Ayreon

TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
edited April 2010 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Hey all, this is the revised form of the DLC to be associated with the launch of my Rock Band 3 List. I like the 9 song/none poll set up, so I'm working to refine the list so that each work will have at most 9 songs. Rock Band 3 List
Week 1 Poll Thread
(QotSA, Queen, Sex Pistols, Muse, Ayreon)
Week 2 Poll Thread (SoaD, Beach Boys, Bad Religion, RHCP, Metallica)
Week 3 Poll Thread (Slipknot, Devo, Styx, Alice Cooper, FOB, Within Temptation)
Week 4 Poll Thread (Supertramp, Violent Femmes, Pantera, Radiohead, Rush)
Week 5 Poll Thread (Avenged Sevenfold, Dream Theater, Filter, Muse, Aerosmith)
Week 6 Poll Thread (Nightwish, Kamelot, Dir En Grey, Depeche Mode, Gunther, Buddy Rich)
Week 7 Poll Thread (Nightwish, NIN, Jem, Rascall Flatts, Stevie Wonder, Train)
Week 8 Poll Thread
(Pink Floyd, Queen, Guns N' Roses, Paramore, Metallica)
Week 9 Poll Thread
(Death In Vegas, Liam Sullivan, Daler Mehndi, Paramore)

This week is not including the free launch DLC.

The "Ayreon Pack" will continue to build the "Symphonic" genre introduced in my Rock Band 3, which grows out of of the Prog, Metal, and Goth genres. I know you might not have heard of Ayreon, but if you are a fan of harmonies I strongly encourage you to check out "Love" and if you are an expert guitar player "Chaos." The drums in Chaos are also quite good.

As always, this is a work in progress. I've include tracks by the same bands that I included on disc, if you think that DLC tracks should be on disc instead of those listed let me know.

Week 1 - October 26, 2010

SINGLES

Queens of the Stone Age – No One Knows (2000s, 2002, ALTERNATIVE, Hard rock, neo-psychedelia, alternative metal, alternative rock, Stoner rock)
Queen – Don't Stop Me Now (1970s, 1979, ROCK)
Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK (1980s, 1980, PUNK)

Muse 01: (ALTERNATIVE, Alternative rock, New prog, Space rock)
MK Ultra
Time Is Running Out
Micro Cuts (Live at Wembley)

Ayreon 01: (PROG / SYMPHONIC, Rock opera, progressive metal, progressive rock, space rock, symphonic metal, folk metal)
Chaos
Love
The Truth Is Here

For comparison, on the RB3 disc will be the following songs:
Queen - Innuendo
Muse - New Born (Live at Wembley)
Muse - Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
Ayreon – Loser

TIERING:
No One Knows:
Guitar - (see GH:1), Vocals - 2, Drums - 2, Bass - 2
Don't Stop Me Now:
Guitar - 3 (+solo), Vocals - Devil (Harmonies!), Drums - 2, Bass - 2, Band - 3
Anarchy in the UK:
Guitar - (see GH:3), Vocals - 2, Drums - 2, Bass - (see GH:3), Band - 2

MK Ultra:
Guitar - 3, Vocals - 4, Drums - 4, Bass - 3, Band - 3
Time Is Running Out:
Guitar - 2, Vocals - 2, Drums - 2, Bass - 2, Band - 2
Micro Cuts (Life At Wembley):
Guitar - 4, Vocals - Devil, Drums - 2, Bass - 2, Band - 3

Chaos:
Guitar - Devil, Vocals - 0 (talky at start included), Drums - Devil, Bass - 5, Band - Devil
Love:
Guitar - 3, Vocals - 5 (Harmonies!), Drums - 3, Bass - 3, Band - 3
The Truth Is Here:
Guitar - 2, Vocals - 3 (Harmonies!), Drums - 3, Bass - 3, Band - 3

Poll forthcoming, I'll try not to mess it up.

For reference, I will always vote as buying all the DLC, but will remove this vote when I tally them later.

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited April 2010
    I'd have to investigate Ayreon a bit more, but I'd get everything else for sure
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Sex Pistols would be awesome for the disc itself mate, im with Tony in not being familiar with the Ayreon band but would happily invest on everything else on offer from your list
  • TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3639101 said:
    Sex Pistols would be awesome for the disc itself mate, im with Tony in not being familiar with the Ayreon band but would happily invest on everything else on offer from your list

I've been considering putting Sex Pistols on the disc. If I do, though, I would want it to be a different song so that there's not so much guitar hero crossover on-disc. I'm tempted to put My Way on... in fact I probably will.

I learned about Ayreon actually on the Rock Band forums about a year and a half ago from Der_Lex who mentioned Sharon Del Adel from Within Temptation had done some work with them. As it turns out, a lot of great musicians have contributed to Ayreon, including the lead singer of Dream Theater, James LaBrie, who sings on "Love" which is in this weeks DLC. If you like Prog you should definitely check them out. "The Dream Sequencer/Flight of the Migrator" is my favorite album right now. "Chaos" comes from disc 2, "Flight of the Migrator."