LEgo Rock Band Question?

kkslider9827kkslider9827 Opening Act
edited May 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey all,

I was wondering if its worth exporting LRB at this point as the trade in value is low

Thanks
kkslider9827 :)

Comments

• jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    depends on whether you want to play the songs in rb2 and potentially 3.

i'd say it was worth it but thats only my opinion
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    In my view, the good songs outnumbered the bad, so it was worth it. However, be aware that you are stuck with ALL of them. Hopefully RB3 will have some sort of "hide song" option.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Do you purchase the game, export, and sell back? I didn't understand the people that did this. The game was tons of fun and had a lot of humor. How can you like Rock Band but not want to play a new Rock Band game? I also felt like it had one of the best setlists for any music game ever. Sure it had a small setlist but it had a lot less losers than most games and a lot more winners. If it's only $30 right now, then it's a steal.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    It's more that you can get the game, sell it back to recoup most of the money and then play the songs.

THEN once the game has gone down to a ridiculous price, you buy that and play it to your hearts content knowing that it's pretty much worthless in trade-in so can play it forever.

My maths skills suggest that I could get Green Day: Rock Band's songs for about £10 or less if I work things out this way. Sure it's unethical, but it's great considering most Rock Band track packs have utterly plummeted in price lately.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    IMO it's definitely worth it. You get 45 new songs and most of them are pretty good.

Aslo, Lego Rock Band section.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    So if I'm reading this right, everyone that sold their Lego RB have to buy another to export it to RB3? What about the track packs?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Doom878;3641301 said:
    So if I'm reading this right, everyone that sold their Lego RB have to buy another to export it to RB3? What about the track packs?
    No, its a download so its in your download history. It downloads like all DLC and is sorted like it too.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2010
    Doom878;3641301 said:
    No, what they're saying is to export it after buying it new. There will probably be no need for the Lego RB disc to play them in RB3 if you've already exported them.
  • sociald1077sociald1077 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    But Lego:RB is fun. Its a great way to get away from the regular rock band skin for a bit. Sure you can't play all your DLC, but a good hunk of it's still there. I say keep it and rock out with Lego Queen!
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    How can anyone deny GHOSTBUSTERS?!
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Well if you do that then you will have 0 gamescore or 0% trophy
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    mbnasir6;3642290 said:
    Well if you do that then you will have 0 gamescore or 0% trophy
    You can delete a game from your history if you haven't unlocked any achievements. Not so sure about PlayStation, though.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2010
    Lego Rock Band is a refreshing break, however.

Too bad about the load times, though.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    The Good:
    - 45 songs, including several awesome caliber songs (YMMV, but "The Final Countdown", "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", "We Will Rock You", "We Are The Champions", "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Fire", and "Ghostbusters" to name the heaviest of hitters.)
    - Exportable for cheaper DLC. At $50+10, it's $1.33 a song for game and download. You can get it for less than $50 easily now.
    - Fun game play and tour mode
    - Family filter and super-easy mode is kid friendly
    - Auto-kick if you hate the kick pedal.
    - Most trophies/achievements aren't hard to get. (The only real hard one is 100% solo on "The Final Countdown")
    - Compatible with RB DLC.
    - Recoveries instead of fail-outs means your set list doesn't suddenly end if you fail.
    - Export attaches to your account, so you don't need to keep LRB forever.
    - Savable Album set lists (though with current patch limited to LRB songs only)
    - Power of Rock challenges (Fun, and possibly challenging)
    - Difficulty is a bit lower than RB1 and 2.
    - Just about everything is customizable. Manager, stage hands (both of which can show up on stage), other members of the band
    - More interactive stages (more stuff happening outside of just the band)

The Bad
    - No Online play or leader boards.
    - Slow load times between venues.
    - Filter means not every RB platform song is playable in LRB. RB2 songs don't export yet. Filter is best described as... odd.
    - Download pack is all or nothing outside of LRB.
    - Mini-figs are slightly less customizable than normal folks in RB2.
    - Power of Rock challenges (rotating instrument thing is odd, no OD, only aspect of the game you can "fail")
    - Difficulty is a bit lower than RB1 and 2

I got it back in November, and while I haven't played much of it since march, it's still in my library. Once I finish the ESL there (30 random songs), it's likely trade bait, especially with RB3 coming out. Still, ~200 sets played solo and ~50+ with a band means I got my money out of the game by itself, and the songs are still mine in RB2.

I do suggest giving it a try though, it is fun in it's own cute little way.
  • Pepper76Pepper76 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Hey all don't know about you but I find it absolutely awesome - had to delete first profile coz I got a fit of giggles while singing at the venues.

on a seperate note looking for friends etc as I new to this sort of thing.

:eek:
  • ChaseFVChaseFV Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    IMO, worth keeping the game for parties alone. Not everyone plays RB regularly enough to get good at it, and plenty of people like challenging themselves a little trying to work their way up to the next difficulty level. I don't know that I would have had the patience to make the jump from medium to hard with RB2 alone. LRB gave me the courage to move up without fear of bringing things to a grinding halt (and does the same for my non-gaming friends at parties).

Bottom line, do the export, but keep the game.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    NoThru22;3639665 said:
    Do you purchase the game, export, and sell back? I didn't understand the people that did this. The game was tons of fun and had a lot of humor. How can you like Rock Band but not want to play a new Rock Band game? I also felt like it had one of the best setlists for any music game ever. Sure it had a small setlist but it had a lot less losers than most games and a lot more winners. If it's only $30 right now, then it's a steal.
    I totally agree with this. I found it a few days ago at Wal-Mart for $30, half off its original price. I was planning on getting the Metal Track Pack (which I don't have yet -- now it's the last Rock Band disc I need until Green Day comes out), but at $30 I could not pass up this deal. 45 songs for $30 plus all the new features was just phenomenal. Plus, being unfamiliar with some of the songs I was pleasantly surprised by a few of them (i.e. I had never heard Valerie by The Zutons but now I love playing the song). Considering all the new features, plus the notes appearing as Lego bricks, the new story mode, the new achievements (at least on Xbox360), I can't see why anyone would NOT want to keep the disc.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    You can get the Metal Pack cheaper online. Check Amazon.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I don't really like to buy on-line. First of all, I'm pretty old-fashioned (I was born before the internet was even invented). Second of all, while I have made on-line purchases, I really prefer just to purchase at the store and be able to take it home right away and play it.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    Edify1;3707379 said:
    I don't really like to buy on-line. First of all, I'm pretty old-fashioned (I was born before the internet was even invented). Second of all, while I have made on-line purchases, I really prefer just to purchase at the store and be able to take it home right away and play it.
    I can second the recommendation for ordering online. Another option is Walmart's Ship to Store, which takes a while, but can be pretty cheap.

The money you save is well worth it.
  • shelovesmenotshelovesmenot Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    the patch that limited making albums to lego rock band songs only broke my heart :(
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    shelovesmenot;3709286 said:
    the patch that limited making albums to lego rock band songs only broke my heart :(
    It's for the best. Heaven forbid someone accidentally (or perhaps intentionally) deletes a song you had in an album, the whole game would go insane.