Top RBN Downloads 2.0

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
These numbers are based on Keldon's site and were last updated on 9/28!

Without further ado, here are the current Top 50 Overall RBN Downloads for Xbox 360!
[LIST=1]
[*][-] Drowning Pool - "Bodies" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-] Bang Camaro - "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][-] Attack Attack! - "Stick Stickly" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-] A Day To Remember - "I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?" [WaveGroup] [160msp]
[*][+1] All That Remains - "Forever In Your Hands" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-1] Seether - "Remedy" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-] Five Finger Death Punch - "Burn It Down" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][+1] The Word Alive - "Battle Royale" [RhythmAuthors] [80msp]
[*][-1] All That Remains - "Days Without" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-] Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life '09" [WaveGroup] [160msp]
[*][+2] The Devil Wears Prada - "HTML Rulez D00d" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-] Unearth - "We Are Not Anonymous" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][+1] Finger Eleven - "Paralyzer" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-3] Jonathan Coulton - "Code Monkey" [NoisyPuppet] [160msp]
[*][+1] Creed - "Higher" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-1] Flogging Molly - "Drunken Lullabies (Live)" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][-] The Devil Wears Prada - "Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][+1] Third Eye Blind - "Jumper '09" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][+4] Five Finger Death Punch - "Hard To See" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-2] Flight Of The Conchords - "The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-1] Flight Of The Conchords - "Business Time" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-1] Between The Buried And Me - "Mordecai" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-1] All That Remains - "Undone" [WaveGroup] [160msp]
[*][-] Suicide Silence - "Disengage" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-] Seether - "Fake It" [WaveGroup] [160msp]
[*][-] Demon Hunter - "Collapsing" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][+4] iwrestledabearonce - "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-1] Texas In July - "Elements" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][-1] Texas In July - "Hook, Line, and Sinner" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][+10] Asking Alexandria - "The Final Episode (Let's Change The Channel)" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-1] The Slip - "Even Rats" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-3] Andrew Buch - "Trippolette" [Andrew-Buch] [160msp]
[*][-1] Senses Fail - "Lady In A Blue Dress" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-1] Children Of Nova - "The Complexity Of Light" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-1] Mayday Parade - "When I Get Home You're So Dead" [NoisyPuppet] [240msp]
[*][+1] Job For A Cowboy - "Unfurling A Darkened Gospel" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-1] Third Eye Blind - "Never Let You Go '09" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-3] Jonathan Coulton - "The Future Soon" [HarmonixAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-1] Winds Of Plague - "Approach The Podium" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-1] Amberian Dawn - "He Sleeps In A Grove" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][+1] Despised Icon - "Day Of Mourning" [RockGamer] [160msp]
[*][-1] Flogging Molly - "Requiem For A Dying Song" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][NEW] Lemon Demon - "The Ultimate Showdown (RBN Mix)" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-] The Project Hate MCMXCIX - "Descend Into The Eternal Pits Of Possession" [metalcharter] [80msp]
[*][+3] Scale The Summit - "The Great Plains" [RhythmAuthors] [160msp]
[*][-1] Steve Vai - "For The Love Of God (Live)" [WaveGroup] [160msp]
[*][-] Skindred - "Stand For Something" [RockGamer] [80msp]
[*][+1] Seether - "Rise Above This" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[*][-3] 3 Inches Of Blood - "Battles And Brotherhood" [WaveGroup] [160msp]
[*][-] Testament - "Henchmen Ride" [TheAuthority] [160msp]
[/LIST]
Dropped Out: "Ikea"
Not a good month of movement for Jonathan Coulton. All of his songs had a major drop-off and "Ikea" dropped right off the charts! A great month for Dayton's own Asking Alexandria though. "The Final Episode" jumped a full 10 spots up to #30 and "Hey There Mr. Brooks" is very close to making it's debut!

Comments

• SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Its depressing to see the top charts dominated so readily by the bigger name or more familiar name bands available to date on RBN. You kinda hope a handful of the indie bands will really rise to prominence with it but as suspected people are generally only buying what they know and giving the rest a miss (which is even more depressing give each song has a free one minute demo they can try if they can be bothered).

Even the small bands generally going out for half the price of the bigger bands has done them little favour as that chart is also overly dominated by songs bought for the normal 160 MSP. Of the 80MSP bands in there some little Bang Camaro and Skindred are already established bands anyway (but yay for both of them as they are awesome)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    kingtonyx;3641174 said:
    Although Keldon's site counts any scores at all, no matter what instrument or difficulty.
    If you can get on the leaderboard (which is only really a problem with on disc songs).
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3644911 said:
    Its depressing to see the top charts dominated so readily by the bigger name or more familiar name bands available to date on RBN. You kinda hope a handful of the indie bands will really rise to prominence with it but as suspected people are generally only buying what they know and giving the rest a miss (which is even more depressing give each song has a free one minute demo they can try if they can be bothered).
    Established mainstream bands are established mainstream bands for a reason, people like their music. It's only natural that their songs outsell most of the "indie" (The more I deal with that term, the more I dislike it) or lesser known bands.

That said, until I hear Semi-Charmed Life, on my PS3, I'm not likely getting it despite liking the song. All the videos sound like the vocals are almost inaudible. Only song I'm really itching for is Push Push, because Bang Camero is awesome (I've never owned the old GH games, so it's not nostalgia).
  • TellYaSomethinTellYaSomethin Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3644911 said:

Even the small bands generally going out for half the price of the bigger bands has done them little favour as that chart is also overly dominated by songs bought for the normal 160 MSP. Of the 80MSP bands in there some little Bang Camaro and Skindred are already established bands anyway (but yay for both of them as they are awesome)

Are you surprised? Asking people to step out of there comfort zone is a losing proposition in life
  • edited April 2010
    Bront20;3644996 said:
    That said, until I hear Semi-Charmed Life, on my PS3, I'm not likely getting it despite liking the song. All the videos sound like the vocals are almost inaudible. Only song I'm really itching for is Push Push, because Bang Camero is awesome (I've never owned the old GH games, so it's not nostalgia).
    I've seen said videos and for whatever reason I feel they all exaggerate the audio level issues compared to the sound on my home system.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Apples;3645198 said:
    I've seen said videos and for whatever reason I feel they all exaggerate the audio level issues compared to the sound on my home system.
    It's no exaggeration, trust me. I would also put good money on the table that Wavegroup will be allowed to fix the mix for the PS3 version.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited April 2010
    No I don't believe they will. I think their only chance to change anything will be when RBN 2.0 comes out but that will probably be up to MS.

That might be when the PS3 gets RBN though.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Bront20;3644996 said:
    "indie" (The more I deal with that term, the more I dislike it)
    Okay, I'm curious. Why?
    edited April 2010
    jawillroy;3645429 said:
    Okay, I'm curious. Why?
    There's always been an odd counterculture to fandom. Metallica "Sold Out" when they made their Black Album and gained more mainstream acceptance. Many smaller bands have fans that feel the same way too, or people use their musical snobbery by claiming to be up on all the "Indie" bands. It also doesn't really describe a band's sound.

Calling a band "Indie" just tends to strike me the wrong way. It tends to reek of snobbery at worst, and at best, the words small, new, or something similar works just as well.

"Indie" films have a point, and the designation is pretty clear. "Indie" music, much less so, at least now.

My opinion of course :)
    edited April 2010
    Bront20;3646919 said:
    There's always been an odd counterculture to fandom...

...it tends to reek of snobbery at worst, and at best, the words small, new, or something similar works just as well...

..."Indie" films have a point, and the designation is pretty clear. "Indie" music, much less so, at least now.

My opinion of course :)
    And there's no counterculture of fandom surrounding, say, metal? Or gaming? Or film!

Indie music certainly doesn't have any kind of monopoly on snobbery: there's an awful lot of snobs in the film world, or so I'm told (coughRogerEbertongamingcough). Or beer. BEER snobs, :eek:, the WORST. I admit, I can certainly see where independently produced music can breed a kind of snobbery (since almost by definition, you have to go *looking* for it. You ain't gonna hear much in the way of Lou Barlow or Guided by Voices or Kristin Hersh or The Hold Steady on your local Clearchannel station*.) Simply by talking about what bands you're listening to, you're caught in an act of name-checking - because it's easy to find bands that nobody else has heard of, that are nevertheless REALLY REALLY GOOD.

You avoid the most meaningful definition of "indie" in terms of the music's production; the lack of major label involvement and influence (although admittedly that can be a stretch: The Hold Steady's label, Vagrant, used to have backing from Interscope.) "new" and "small" don't get to the point. While I sympathize that "indie" is a little bit catch-all in terms of style - it's a really big tent - at the same time I'm puzzled, because I hear the term "indie" and know exactly what is meant.

* Indie makes weird inroads, though. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard them playing Apples in Stereo at my GYM of all places, in there with the Lady Gaga and The Fray and the Gwen Stefani.
  • DrvThruPnkDrvThruPnk Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    c'mon people, download the songs by Clutch so I can get them eventually on PS3
    D:
    edited April 2010
    jawillroy;3647026 said:
    And there's no counterculture of fandom surrounding, say, metal? Or gaming? Or film!

Indie music certainly doesn't have any kind of monopoly on snobbery: there's an awful lot of snobs in the film world, or so I'm told (coughRogerEbertongamingcough). Or beer. BEER snobs, :eek:, the WORST. I admit, I can certainly see where independently produced music can breed a kind of snobbery (since almost by definition, you have to go *looking* for it. You ain't gonna hear much in the way of Lou Barlow or Guided by Voices or Kristin Hersh or The Hold Steady on your local Clearchannel station*.) Simply by talking about what bands you're listening to, you're caught in an act of name-checking - because it's easy to find bands that nobody else has heard of, that are nevertheless REALLY REALLY GOOD.

You avoid the most meaningful definition of "indie" in terms of the music's production; the lack of major label involvement and influence (although admittedly that can be a stretch: The Hold Steady's label, Vagrant, used to have backing from Interscope.) "new" and "small" don't get to the point. While I sympathize that "indie" is a little bit catch-all in terms of style - it's a really big tent - at the same time I'm puzzled, because I hear the term "indie" and know exactly what is meant.

* Indie makes weird inroads, though. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard them playing Apples in Stereo at my GYM of all places, in there with the Lady Gaga and The Fray and the Gwen Stefani.
    Oh, there's plenty of music snobs in all genres, and many seem to have when stuff goes main stream. I just don't like the term in general. It rarely is used correctly any more, and even when it is, it's used in a rather snobbish way.

In my opinion of course.

And for RB, I'd definitely rather see a song sorted by it's actual genre over "Indie", which stylistically doesn't tell me much of anything.
    edited April 2010
    Indie Rock is a real genre, with subgenres and the whole nine
    edited April 2010
    I'd actually put it the other way around. Potentially, every genre can be indie. A lot of metal and rap is, by necessity. There's indie pop and indie rock, and a lot of folk.

The essential thing is this: "Nobody can tell me what I have to play." Once you're dealing with a major, unless you have serious clout to begin with (sonic youth much?) you're going to have to mess with your art. It happens again and again.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    indie as a genre is probably the most grab-all subsection of popular music there is, the term originally denoted nothing more than an act coming out on an independant rather than major record label, nowadays people tend to use the term for whatever suits their purpose (as with so many other sub-divisions)
    edited April 2010
    jimbury;3649282 said:
    nowadays people tend to use the term for whatever suits their purpose (as with so many other sub-divisions)
    That's probably what bugs me about it the most. Said better than I apparently have.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread :)
    edited April 2010
    Top Downloads Of The Week on Xbox 360 for the Week Of 4/19-4/26
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Third Eye Blind - "Jumper '09" (NEW)
    [*]The Devil Wears Prada - "HTML Rulez D00d" (NEW)
    [*]Drowning Pool - "Bodies" (-1)
    [*]All That Remains - "Forever In Your Hands" (-3)
    [*]Testament - "Henchmen Ride" (NEW)
    [*]All That Remains - "Days Without" (+1)
    [*]Seether - "Remedy" (-3)
    [*]Attack Attack! - "Stick Stickly" (-2)
    [*]Bang Camaro - "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" (-4)
    [*]A Day To Remember - "I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?" (-)
    [*]Arsis - "We Are The Nightmare" (NEW)
    [*]Excruciating Thoughts - "In Memory" (NEW)
    [*]Parry Gripp - "The Girl At The Video Game Store" (-10)
    [*]The Word Alive - "Battle Royale" (-3)
    [*]Jonathan Coulton - "Code Monkey" (+2)
    [*]Unearth - "We Are Not Anonymous" (-2)
    [*]Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life '09" (-5)
    [*]Five Finger Death Punch - "Burn It Down" (-9)
    [*]Mayday Parade - "When I Get Home You're So Dead" (-1)
    [*]bibleblack - "I Am Legion" (-12)
    [*]Third Eye Blind - "Never Let You Go '09" (-6)
    [*]Reverend Horton Heat - "Indigo Friends" (NEW)
    [*]Flogging Molly - "Drunken Lullabies (Live)" (-7)
    [*]Demon Hunter - "Collapsing" (-3)
    [*]Flight Of The Conchords - "The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)" (-5)
    [/LIST]

Dropped Out: "Doomsday Party", "Mordecai", "Business Time", "Hook, Line, and Sinner", "Elements", "Sending Signals"
    A good week for new tracks!
    edited April 2010
    Updated the overall top 50 in the OP

No songs debuting in the top 50 this week, although "Jumper '09" came close coming in at #53. "HTML Rulez D00d" debuted at #65
    edited April 2010
    I'll be tracking the PS3 sales on Wednesdays :)
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Good old Noisy Puppet studios... reason being otherwise the big four authoring companies would have the top 50 completely sown up good and proper.

Its going to interesting where and when we get an established top 25 likely to remain that way for long periods like we do for normal DLC. Its easy to imagine Bang Camaro and Drowning Pool staying in the top 10 for say forever especially when all the songs are available to PS3 as well as the 360 doubling download appeal of there more recognisable and coveted songs.
    edited April 2010
    Skode;3656922 said:
    Good old Noisy Puppet studios... reason being otherwise the big four authoring companies would have the top 50 completely sown up good and proper.

Its going to interesting where and when we get an established top 25 likely to remain that way for long periods like we do for normal DLC. Its easy to imagine Bang Camaro and Drowning Pool staying in the top 10 for say forever especially when all the songs are available to PS3 as well as the 360 doubling download appeal of there more recognisable and coveted songs.
    Yeah, I wonder how long it will take to establish that. We're still at a point where a decent debut can almost land you near the bottom of the top 50. Eventually that won't be the case.
    edited April 2010
    On a side note, "Bodies" will be looking to take the #1 spot next week.
    edited April 2010
    kingtonyx;3656166 said:
    I'll be tracking the PS3 sales on Wednesdays :)
    You realize this is the last week for thursday releases on the PS3? Next week it will be Tuesday.
    edited April 2010
    okay, well I will be posting this week's on Wednesday then on Mondays after that
    edited April 2010
    Makes sense to me. Keep up the good work.
    edited April 2010
    The debut chart for the RBN on PSN!
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Flogging Molly - "Drunken Lullabies (Live)"
    [*]Jonathan Coulton - "Code Monkey"
    [*]The Slip - "Even Rats"
    [*]Steve Vai - "For The Love Of God (Live)"
    [*]The Shins - "Australia"
    [/LIST]
    I'll wait a few weeks until I post up an overall chart for the PS3.
    edited April 2010
    2 Jonathan Coulton - "Code Monkey"
    3 The Slip - "Even Rats"
    4 Steve Vai - "For The Love Of God (Live)"

Those 3 songs were darn close to each other (520-580). The Steve Vai song has a much larger number of downloads compared to the 360, where as Australia did the worst. Of course, I'm comparing totals to totals, which isn't 100% fair, but the Steve Vai song could possibly pass the 360 on the PS3 if it keeps up that pace.

There's still new scores going up for some of the songs pulled and never officially released. (Footloose and Fancy Free, Revengers, and Indigo Friends)
    edited April 2010
    "Indigo Friends" is officially released now
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Bront20;3660002 said:
    The Steve Vai song has a much larger number of downloads compared to the 360, where as Australia did the worst. Of course, I'm comparing totals to totals, which isn't 100% fair, but the Steve Vai song could possibly pass the 360 on the PS3 if it keeps up that pace.
    Remember that there's currently only one Steve Vai song on the PS3, whereas there are multiples on the 360, which could dilute possible sales of songs by any one artist. Likewise, I would not be surprised at all to see the PS3 numbers for Code Monkey potentially pass the 360 in time without any of the other Coulton songs there to steal from its numbers.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2010
    After buying four of the five songs, I think it's too bad that Australia is number 5. I think it's the best song of the group, and I didn't think anything would beat Drunken Lullabies for me.