Only 2 days left to test Jesus Candy's song please help!

GameUniverseGameUniverse Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys!

My band's song is in the final Peer Review part of testing! However, it still has 75% left to make it in the game...

Just thought it wouldn't hurt to hit up the actual website to see if anyone on here has a creator's account and can help get us the rest of the way!

Only 2 days left!

http://www.rhythmauthors.com/song_preview.php?id=27

Thanks so much!!!

It has some fun guitar and drum solos!!!

Comments

• vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    most people here cant do a thing about this
    post it on creators site
  • MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    So, ummm. Sorry. I'm confused. There's only two days left to test and then what happens? It just doesn't get released and all that hard work goes to waste because no one could be bothered to test?

Just curious to understand the situation. I don't have an XNA account so I can't test anything, but it seems bizarre that a song would only have two days left that it can be tested when it's only 1/4 of the way completed. I also noticed that this is a fairly common theme for a lot of songs. It really seems to me like there's a flaw in the RBN strategy if getting people to test is a major issue.
    edited April 2010
    MooTrain;3643997 said:
    So, ummm. Sorry. I'm confused. There's only two days left to test and then what happens? It just doesn't get released and all that hard work goes to waste because no one could be bothered to test?

Just curious to understand the situation. I don't have an XNA account so I can't test anything, but it seems bizarre that a song would only have two days left that it can be tested when it's only 1/4 of the way completed. I also noticed that this is a fairly common theme for a lot of songs. It really seems to me like there's a flaw in the RBN strategy if getting people to test is a major issue.
    basicaly, 30 days to pass review, then they start from square one(all reviews wont count and they start with 0 reviews again)
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    vedis;3644049 said:
    basicaly, 30 days to pass review, then they start from square one(all reviews wont count and they start with 0 reviews again)
    Which harkens back to the "It really seems to me like there's a flaw in the RBN strategy if getting people to test is a major issue" issue.
    edited April 2010
    cherokeesam;3644168 said:
    Which harkens back to the "It really seems to me like there's a flaw in the RBN strategy if getting people to test is a major issue" issue.
    i dont think its that getting people to test is the issue

theres just so many damn songs and only so many testers cant get to everything

consider there being at least 40 reviews going out per day
    thats 5 full songs(if they all pass) and probly a good 5-10 being added/re-added per day
    add in the fact theres around 200 songs in various stages right now

so if your not vocal about a song early, not testing others songs/trading tests and so on, its very easy to get lost in the haystack
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I think there is a sort of "gold rush" on as authors rush to stake their claim and get their works published as soon as possible.

And this has created a very unbalanced ratio of authors to testers.

Wish I could help advance your song but I don't have the account to do so.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'll give it a playtest when I get home from work. Good luck. :D
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Apples;3644602 said:
    Yeah, I think there is a sort of "gold rush" on as authors rush to stake their claim and get their works published as soon as possible.

And this has created a very unbalanced ratio of authors to testers.

Wish I could help advance your song but I don't have the account to do so.
    Yeah this is sadly true, i also cant help with this but i have noticed the more active peer reviewers get head hunted by the big authoring studios so as to prioritise their authored songs over the others - a good idea and one which has reaped a lot of benefits for them but it has created an unbalanced system sadly.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    vedis;3644217 said:
    i dont think its that getting people to test is the issue

theres just so many damn songs and only so many testers cant get to everything
    Those two statements pretty much cancel each other out, don't they? ;)

That's why I'm pushing for HMX/Microsoft to lighten up on the requirements to become a playtester....if you get more playtesters involved, the review process benefits and lightens the workload for everyone across the board, and creates a smoother process. Plus, it negates the problem Skode just described about authors having to pander to certain playtesters/reviewers "of a known quantity."
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    While I feel your pain with a PR song about to expire, I don't think posts like these should be allowed on this forum:
    1. It violates the program terms to request a Peer Review.
    2. This is not the Creators site forums, and so the target readers mostly aren't on the Creators site.
    3. We certainly don't want a flood of playtest/peer review tests (or any other RBN production topic) in this forum.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I agree with you about this post in this forum, Mickstafa, but my current understanding of peer reviews is that asking (within reason) is OK, but trading something for a review--including another review--is what is forbidden.

I'm willing to be corrected :)
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, playtest requests should be kept on the Creators forums, where there is a forum section specifically for that purpose. Posting it here won't exactly reach your target audience (Creators members) and HMX has asked us not to discuss specific song versions outside of the Creators forums.
This discussion has been closed.