First batch of RBN tracks hitting the PS3 on 4/22

Hey gang,

We're thrilled to announce that tomorrow (Thursday 4/22) we'll see the first batch of Rock Band Network tracks hit the PS3! We've looked at the download numbers and the feedback on the forums and we've put together a selection of some of the most popular tracks for this initial group. Here's what's hitting the PS3 tomorrow:

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live)
Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey
The Shins - Australia
The Slip - Even Rats
Steve Vai - For the Love of God (Live)

We're still going to keep any eye on the forum feedback to put together future releases on the PS3, and we'll continue to work with Sony to ensure that we're able to get as much content out as consistently as possible without disrupting the regular weekly RB DLC flow. We're still working on finding the best RBN solution for the Wii, which has it's own entirely different set of technical challenges, but we'll let you know as soon as we have more news.

You can turn your eyes down one post to get some additional info from RBN guru HMXjohnd. Thanks again to the all the PS3 RBN fans for your patience!

Comments

• NocturnalNocturnal Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    vicpac;3645574 said:
    Should we also be expecting a patch for the PS3 or did we already get the RBN store in the last one?
    I believe on PS3 it's just integrated as DLC, like all the rest of the DLC. Which is part of why they can't just give it to us directly, because they have to recompile it all and what not.

Also: As soon as possible: Midnight Riders, please.
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    bigmf;3645549 said:
    Erm.... Pricing?
    I'm going to assume pricing would be the same on PS3 that they cost on 360...just my assumptions though. Which if I remember correctly, each one of those is $2 except Flogging Molly, which is only $1.
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Well there's two that I will definitely be getting. I'm hoping the others that I want come soon too.
  • Carpe_DiemCarpe_Diem Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    What about 360 but another coutries? when will they arrive?
  • edited April 2010
    Great to see the first RBN tracks coming our way, even if there's nothing in that first batch that I'm interested in. Still, there's always the weeks after. It's only the beginning! :)
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I have only one word...KMFDM
  • zachman3001zachman3001 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    HMXHenry, I love you.

Even Rats, For the Love of God, and Code Monkey shall be mine >:D

And was that the promise of 5 RBN songs a week, every week, on the PS3? I can live with that, very much so. Very happy with this.
  • edited April 2010
    jasonrosenbaum;3645538 said:
    Thank the lord. This news is going to save me from having to buy an XBOX. And I'll definitely pick up the Shins song.
    Ahh but you can get one for only $105 dollars now. Embrace the dark side.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/33224?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SlickdealsnetFP+%28SlickDeals.net+Frontpage%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
  • HarerazerHarerazer Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    This is the support that I expect and respect. I've been pretty rough on HMX for the whole RBN situation but it's actions like this that show they do their work and now Sony has to pony up their share. Thank you, HMX.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited April 2010
    a John Drake post
    this is a big deal.
  • goodbyetonightgoodbyetonight Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    There are no words to describe how much I regret buying RB for the Wii. :(
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2010
    Here's hoping that the Bang Camaro, Amberian Dawn and Children of Nova tracks make it over to you PS3ers.

As a 360er, I can say those are my favorite RBN tracks.

As for what HMX is bringing to you this week, I own all 5, and they are fun. :D
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited April 2010
    Harmonix succeeds again.

Well done and thank you!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    nice to see all the ps3 rockers are getting rbn songs :D
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2010
    Here's hoping that Requiem for a Dying Song, The Heist and Push Push Lady Lightning come out next week.

Thanks again guys, I love it when we get official information.
  • HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
    edited April 2010
    Seen a couple of questions about pricing. The prices will have direct parity with Xbox 360, so for this week's US prices...

Drunken Lullabyes (Flogging Molly) - $1.00
    Code Monkey (Jonathan Coulton) - $2.00
    Australia (The Shins) - $2.00
    Even Rats (The Slip) - $2.00
    For The Love of God [LIVE] (Steve Vai) - $2.00

Hope that helps!
    HMXJD
  • edited April 2010
    Abaddon;3645537 said:

For those of us who are ignorant, should we use the request-a-song feature to request RBN songs, or is there somewhere else we should go to make sure our requests are visible?
    For now it's probably best to keep requests to the weekly discussion threads about RBN tracks and Noble's main discussion thread. The Song Request feature will get confusing quickly as it will appear to be doubling up on songs that have already been released. We're working on a better solution for polling and we'll keep you posted!
    bigmf;3645549 said:
    Erm.... Pricing?
    HMXjohnd is working on the pricing for tomorrow's releases. We should be able to include the pricing info for future weeks in the Friday DLC announcement posts.
    Carpe_Diem;3645589 said:
    What about 360 but another coutries? when will they arrive?
    One thing at a time! We're still working on it, honest.
    Harerazer;3645600 said:
    This is the support that I expect and respect. I've been pretty rough on HMX for the whole RBN situation but it's actions like this that show they do their work and now Sony has to pony up their share. Thank you, HMX.
    You're welcome!
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Thank You! You guys are awesome!
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Congratulations to the PS3 players who are finally getting some of the Network fun.

As a Xbox player I say, welcome to the party! :D
  • OSUmike03OSUmike03 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    While these 5 songs don't interest me too much, I'm extremely happy to see the RBN thing getting sorted out for us lonely PS3 users.

Thanks, Henry and the rest of the Harmonix crew. You guys continue to be amazing at the continuing support of us fake rockers.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    If, as speculated, RBN songs are being released on the PS3 as standard DLC, then odds are strong that PS3 users, for all the delay, could get some considerable benefits in exchange for the wait -- RBN songs as regular DLC should factor into mystery setlists and Tour challenges, whereas the XNA-fed songs on the 360 do not. I'll be interested to see someone verify this when the songs are released.
    edited April 2010
    HMXJohnD;3645624 said:
    Seen a couple of questions about pricing. The prices will have direct parity with Xbox 360, so for this week's US prices...

Drunken Lullabyes (Flogging Molly) - $1.00
    Code Monkey (Jonathan Coulton) - $2.00
    Australia (The Shins) - $2.00
    Even Rats (The Slip) - $2.00
    For The Love of God [LIVE] (Steve Vai) - $2.00

Hope that helps!
    HMXJD
    Whooooo! for the second time. Great news - direct parity. (Even though I thought we might get the customary penny savings :))
  • EPIC_FAIL_GUYEPIC_FAIL_GUY Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I think i'll get all 5
  • tepidsharktepidshark Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Abaddon;3645537 said:
    I'm excited to finally get some hard information! Thanks guys.

Five tracks a week might not seem like a lot to 360'ers (and I am sure some PS3'ers), but knowing that it will be five tracks every week is great news.

For those of us who are ignorant, should we use the request-a-song feature to request RBN songs, or is there somewhere else we should go to make sure our requests are visible? While I am asking PLEASE consider bringing over Push Push Lady LIghtning :D as soon as is humanly possible.

And, on another note, I hope the Wii situation gets sorted out soon for our Wii friends who are still not getting any tracks.
    While they don't want you to use the request a song feature, you can post in Unofficial PS3/Wii Request Thread for what you would like see come over to other platforms.
  • ammar91994ammar91994 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Will we get news on the RBN songs heading to PS3 next week in Fridays DLC announcement? Will it always be announced that way from now on?
  • HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
    edited April 2010
    Right. my bad. that should be the typical .99 and 1.99. I'm an idiot.

PENNIES ARE RUINING EVERYTHING.
    bigmf;3645645 said:
    Whooooo! for the second time. Great news - direct parity. (Even though I thought we might get the customary penny savings :))
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited April 2010
    Hi Guys.

I just wanted to clarify and explain how the RBN store is going to work on the PS3. As soon as we "flip the switch", a standalone store, accessed from the Music Store main menu item (just like on the 360), will be populated by the RBN tracks.

Tomorrow represents a little bit of an unknown for us, so there's always the possibility of hanky-panky (you may recall it took us a little while to get all the songs available for all regions for the 360). Our elite coding strike force will be watching closely for any problems.

We also can't turn on the store until there is content present. So for this week only, the RBN store might be delayed a little bit. After we know that the regular DLC is up and working, we'll flip the switch to turn the RBN store on. If the DLC comes online late in the day, it might be Friday morning.

For all future weeks, and until the sun turns into a Red Giant and we have to move the servers to a small planet orbiting in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, RBN and DLC should be available simultaneously.

Thanks for your patience. Please enjoy!
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Apples;3645598 said:
    Ahh but you can get one for only $105 dollars now. Embrace the dark side.
    I think this was intended to be tongue in cheek, but that's meaningless when many of us have spent over a thousand dollars in games, hardware, and DLC, NONE of which would be compatible with our new system.
    edited April 2010
    @HMX_MISTERGAME I'm ok with the Hanky, but I'm a little concerned about the panky!

I'll be fine waiting until Friday if need be.
  • McNoobMcNoob Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    This is good news. At least now I know we'll get a consistent feed of RBN tracks. Here's to hoping for Amberian Dawn!