First batch of RBN tracks hitting the PS3 on 4/22

Hey gang,

We're thrilled to announce that tomorrow (Thursday 4/22) we'll see the first batch of Rock Band Network tracks hit the PS3! We've looked at the download numbers and the feedback on the forums and we've put together a selection of some of the most popular tracks for this initial group. Here's what's hitting the PS3 tomorrow:

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live)
Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey
The Shins - Australia
The Slip - Even Rats
Steve Vai - For the Love of God (Live)

We're still going to keep any eye on the forum feedback to put together future releases on the PS3, and we'll continue to work with Sony to ensure that we're able to get as much content out as consistently as possible without disrupting the regular weekly RB DLC flow. We're still working on finding the best RBN solution for the Wii, which has it's own entirely different set of technical challenges, but we'll let you know as soon as we have more news.

You can turn your eyes down one post to get some additional info from RBN guru HMXjohnd. Thanks again to the all the PS3 RBN fans for your patience!

Comments

• moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Even Rats, yessss
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    EVEN RATS **** Yeah =D
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Australia is a personal favorite of mine - it's not the most complicated thing in the world, but it's a really great song to sing and play. Definitely recommend it for you PS3ers looking for something new.
  • edited April 2010
    They picked a great group for the first 5, I own several and would recommend them highly.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm excited to finally get some hard information! Thanks guys.

Five tracks a week might not seem like a lot to 360'ers (and I am sure some PS3'ers), but knowing that it will be five tracks every week is great news.

For those of us who are ignorant, should we use the request-a-song feature to request RBN songs, or is there somewhere else we should go to make sure our requests are visible? While I am asking PLEASE consider bringing over Push Push Lady LIghtning :D as soon as is humanly possible.

And, on another note, I hope the Wii situation gets sorted out soon for our Wii friends who are still not getting any tracks.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Thank the lord. This news is going to save me from having to buy an XBOX. And I'll definitely pick up the Shins song.

Big ups to HMX for getting this done!
  • ArmorForVIctorArmorForVIctor Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    thank you guys i will probably pick up even rats i just want to voice out of all the RBN songs i would love to see all The Main Drag songs as well as all Flight Of The Conchords songs make there way to us PS3 users
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2010
    Erm.... Pricing?
  • LiquidKourageLiquidKourage Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Not a bad first 5 at all, good to see some well-known artists in the mix (Steve Vai, Flogging Molly). As a member of the Bar Night Program and a PS3 user, all I ask is that the artists with widespread exposure (Third Eye Blind, Stroke 9, Flight of the Conchords, etc.) make it over to PSN, so that our more casual patrons can choose from songs they are the most likely to be familiar with.
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I have faith in you guys to bring the Wii up to speed.

I (nor anyone else I hope) would blame you though for not being able to achieve full RBN parity this console generation for Nintendo or Sony, if ever. Too much content to prepare with the current technology offered by the consoles.

I at least hope you can fix the exportability issue on Wii by the time RB3 rolls around :p
  • NightmarezNightmarez Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Yes finally, and thankfully one of the Vai tracks!!!
    Thank you HMX.
  • ShaleDirkShaleDirk Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I appreciate the official answer as to why there is the limit of RBN downloads on PS3. This makes alot of sense given the circumstance, and I feel a little bit better about the perceived favouritism for 360 that has been going on.

Oh, and FLOGGING MOLLY YAY :D
  • ammar91994ammar91994 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Great selections guys for the first songs! :D Definitely picking up Code Monkey and will give the other ones a listen.

I'm content with 5 songs a week but it would be great to see that expanded in the future, I'm just really glad any tracks finally made their way over. It's good to know things will be consistent. Some clarification on prices would be nice, but its only a day away so the wait won't be too bad.

One personal request of mine is "Kick Some Ass" by Stroke 9. "Little Black Backpack" appears to be selling better based on that Keldon site, but I think the chart for this song looks a lot more fun.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    **** yeah, and Steve Vai is on the first batch. OH AND IT'S FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. **** YEAH.
  • EasilyAmusedEasilyAmused Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    bigmf;3645549 said:
    Erm.... Pricing?
    Yeah, prices would be cool.

"Code Monkey"!! :D

I was excited about the possibility of getting this when I saw it first announced for RBN while being slightly depressed that I had no idea when and if it was coming to the PS3.

Thanks!
  • tanuki-greentanuki-green Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Thank you guys! I'm really glad the wait is over. Personally, I can't wait to play Code Monkey (or any other Jonathan Coulton for that matter). Also - thank you for the in depth description on how things will be working for the PS3. We really do appreciate having that kind of information.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Yes! Thank you!!
  • WhiteyMcToolWhiteyMcTool Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Would have loved for Push Push to have made it right off the bat, but you gotta save one of the early hitters for the second batch, eh? Looking tremendously forward to Vai, Coulton, and Flogging Molly. And aw hell, Even Rats for some of that good ol' GH1 nostalgia...

Y'know what, forget it, I'm getting everything.
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Should we also be expecting a patch for the PS3 or did we already get the RBN store in the last one?
  • SinistershadowSinistershadow Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    thats great news thanks
  • NocturnalNocturnal Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    vicpac;3645574 said:
    Should we also be expecting a patch for the PS3 or did we already get the RBN store in the last one?
    I believe on PS3 it's just integrated as DLC, like all the rest of the DLC. Which is part of why they can't just give it to us directly, because they have to recompile it all and what not.

Also: As soon as possible: Midnight Riders, please.
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    bigmf;3645549 said:
    Erm.... Pricing?
    I'm going to assume pricing would be the same on PS3 that they cost on 360...just my assumptions though. Which if I remember correctly, each one of those is $2 except Flogging Molly, which is only $1.
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Well there's two that I will definitely be getting. I'm hoping the others that I want come soon too.
  • Carpe_DiemCarpe_Diem Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    What about 360 but another coutries? when will they arrive?
  • edited April 2010
    Great to see the first RBN tracks coming our way, even if there's nothing in that first batch that I'm interested in. Still, there's always the weeks after. It's only the beginning! :)
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I have only one word...KMFDM
  • zachman3001zachman3001 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    HMXHenry, I love you.

Even Rats, For the Love of God, and Code Monkey shall be mine >:D

And was that the promise of 5 RBN songs a week, every week, on the PS3? I can live with that, very much so. Very happy with this.
  • edited April 2010
    jasonrosenbaum;3645538 said:
    Thank the lord. This news is going to save me from having to buy an XBOX. And I'll definitely pick up the Shins song.
    Ahh but you can get one for only $105 dollars now. Embrace the dark side.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/33224?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SlickdealsnetFP+%28SlickDeals.net+Frontpage%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
  • HarerazerHarerazer Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    This is the support that I expect and respect. I've been pretty rough on HMX for the whole RBN situation but it's actions like this that show they do their work and now Sony has to pony up their share. Thank you, HMX.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited April 2010
    a John Drake post
    this is a big deal.