"Yellow Submarine" on solo vocals

HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
edited April 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
OK, I've been at this from all different angles, but I just CANNOT seem to score more than 138,000 on this song... yet the PS3 leaderboards indicate that this is only at a ranking of #19. After glancing the Xbox leaderboards, I see that the highest scorer on there got a score of 138,304!!! I've tried all kinds of different times for activating Beatlemania, yet I still can't top my above score. The beginnings of each phrase seem to be spaced too far apart from the previous to scrape up any additional points -- but it's clearly been done somehow by a handful of people. Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• cybie86cybie86 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I think it has to do with how you use the Beatlemania and how long, I don't know. ^^

I'm more surprised about the highscores on drums. Because you cannot define the Ovedrive. In RB2 I've played the drums in one song 100% on Expert and there are higher highscores than mine.
  • gershwin_27gershwin_27 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    The solo path for Yellow Submarine is 2sk1, 2, 3.

The extra points come from the third activation. If you activate precisely at measure 60, you should get just a bit of the phrase that starts a half beat before measure 66.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    gershwin_27;3647208 said:
    I've tried this path but it has still yielded the sam results. :confused: :confused:
    edited April 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3648456 said:
    I've tried this path but it has still yielded the sam results. :confused: :confused:
    Like I said, it's the third activation that makes the difference. During the third activation, you have to activate as late as possible in that window in order to have OD continue a tiny little bit into phrase 27. Also, for phrase 27, you need to make sure you are not singing late, therefore, missing the ticks you would receive while in OD.

This is the path. You probably just need to work on your activation technique.
  • BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    gershwin_27;3647208 said:
    someone please explain to me what this means

I find overdrive paths all the time but I have no clue what they mean, and googling has come up with nothing
    edited April 2010
    BubbleBobble;3649965 said:
    someone please explain to me what this means

No problem. This is a standard vocal path.

Each number represents the number of overdrive phrases that you should obtain before activating.

The sk1, after the first number, means 'skip 1.' This means you skip 1 opportunity to activate.

So, for this path, you would obtain two overdrive phrases (half a bar), and skip your first opportunity to activate... activating on your second opportunity.

Next, obtain two more OD phrases (another half bar), and activate at the first available opportunity.

Last, obtain three OD phrases (3/4 bar), and activate at the first available opportunity.

For optimal scores, you should normally activate as late as possible in the activation windows, unless otherwise noted.

There are other, more complicated notations. You can look at this if you want a more information.

If you have any other pathing questions, I'd be happy to answer.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Any tips for activating Beatlemania as late as possible? The standard 'woosh' noise seems to come with a margin of error for how early/late it sets it off. : ?