Rebelution and reggae!

DubzillaDubzilla Unsigned
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Does anyone know when the Rebelution songs will come out for the RBN? They are my favorite band and i'm always trying to see if there is anything on the internet about The songs that are going to be released. If anyone knows what songs and when they will be released or any other info about the songs please respond! Also does anyone know of any other Reggae/Dub that is or will be on the RBN besides Ballyhoo!?

Comments

• Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited April 2010
    They said we'd get reggae just before RB 2 came out.

"IGN: And speaking of more unrepresented genres, is there any consideration for reggae? Jimmy Cliff or Peter Tosh would be welcome additions as DLC.

Brosious: Yes there is. I'm sure some reggae will appear before your dreads are set."

It's only about 14-17 months over due. Any week now.
    I've been on DLC strike since September.
  • kaveekskaveeks Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I've been anxiously awaiting some Reggae myself! I figured when rbn came out that it would only be a matter of time and was very pleasantly surprised with the ballyhoo song. I like it a lot. So far its the only one I know of, but I've been keeping my ears peeled for more.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited April 2010
    It would be cool to get some Reggae. A little different drum beat than we're used to, but not too tough. Hopefully we'll see some on the ps3.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited April 2010
    One song by Rebelution, "Bright Side of Life", just went up on Creators earlier today. Looks like it's being authored by our friends over at Wavegroup!

Also, we have one more song from Ballyhoo! that's currently in Peer Review, entitled "Paper Dolls", but it's a bit more uptempo than "Cali Girl". Hopefully you'll dig it regardless!
  • DubzillaDubzilla Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    OMG bright side of life. I love that song... well.... i love all of their songs lol but there is one other reggae song that a lot of people pass up that is actual rock band music store content. Its called Listen To The Flower People by Spinal Tap. Its not the greatest song but it was nice to see that some reggae got through.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Well, I just contacted Sublime's manager about the RBN, so hopefully they respond! They're a great reggae/alternative band
    edited April 2010
    o hell yah sublime is amazing i wouldnt doubt that they would be in for something like this they have a song in guitar hero so its entirely possible
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I know theres a great deal of people who'd like to see Sublime in Rock Band, so I'm sure they would sell really well.
    edited April 2010
    im actually thinking we may see some sublime soon or some Sublime with Rome. The band recently reunited and acquired a new singer Rome Ramirez. They are currently touring so we may get some songs to promote the tour who knows.. but that would be awsum
  • darrekmis95darrekmis95 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I really hope Sublime would be DLC rather than RBN that way it would come to PSN sooner. Sublime is one of my favorite bands.
  • JediJoeJediJoe Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    my band is a ska/punk band, but we have a few reggae songs, one is uploaded on our facebook, its called Career Criminal, please check us out. We'll be on RBN within the next two months.

Link to Pilot facebook
    edited April 2010
    JediJoe;3654718 said:
    my band is a ska/punk band, but we have a few reggae songs, one is uploaded on our facebook, its called Career Criminal, please check us out. We'll be on RBN within the next two months.

Link to Pilot facebook
    Yeh i really like the song its pretty chill if you can get a master soon and post a d/l link that would be sick haha
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, we're recording right now. but it's taking forever, cause we have 24 songs to record. should be done within like 4 weeks :\
  • jellisjeniusjellisjenius Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    @JediJoe,
    Having not heard any of your band's music, if it's anything close to the awesomeness of Dispatch (per your sig from "The General") I'll be interested. I still don't understand how HMX hasn't been willing (or able) to get one of the best indie acts ever to come out of Massachussetts into the RB platform. But I digress...
    edited April 2010
    @jellsjenious

I wouldn't go so far as to say we're as good as Dispatch (one of my favorite bands), but we're pretty good, and we play a kickass show. Check out some of our older stuff at Pilot's Myspace and our newer (live from 4/3/10) stuff on Pilot's Facebook

friend us or become a fan if you like what you hear! As i mentioned earlier though, we're in the process of recording, so expect some better quality stuff up within a month.
    edited April 2010
    hey everyone we just got some more reggae comin to rock band!!! well rock/ska/reggae.. Its No Doubt!! the most reggae song on Tragic Kingdom imo is World Go 'round. Its an amazing track but this album is great for 90s fans and ska fans YAY
    edited May 2010
    Yesterday WaveGroup put up a youtube video featuring Bright Side of Life from Rebelution!!! It looks amazingly fun especially the drums!!

Link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvbxpaCBhG4
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I would like to see some more surf rock bands, like Slightly Stoopid.
  • kaveekskaveeks Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    WOOO! Just noticed that Rebelution is finally up, Bright side of life! I'm at work now but this is a definite download when I get home. I had totally forgot that it was in testing and was stoked when I saw "rebelution" on Noble's thread.

I haven't noticed any other reggae since ballyhoo, have I missed anything?
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I sure hope Wavegroup puts up more Rebelution on the RBN. Bright side of life is one of the funnest song I have ever played on the drums and the song it just so relaxing to listen to as well. We need more of this band!
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited September 2010
    SideshowN;4037209 said:
    I sure hope Wavegroup puts up more Rebelution on the RBN. Bright side of life is one of the funnest song I have ever played on the drums and the song it just so relaxing to listen to as well. We need more of this band!
    Seconded. I love that song, esp on drums. It always puts me in a good mood. Got the CD that song is on and there are definitely some others that would work well.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I sent a message to Wavegroup a few days ago about Rebelution. No reply yet.