A Night in the Life, Lennon at 70

fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
edited April 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hey everyone, its been a long time since I have posted a thread in this forum, and it feels good to be back.

On April 10th, I went to see The Fab Faux play In Black and White and in Full Color, where for the first half, they played songs that a 5 person band could play, and in the second half, they came out with some strings and some horns(Ill credit them at the end) and it was a wonderful show:D

They were great. They really don't try to sound like the Beatles, but when they played This Boy, a personal favorite, they got the harmonies down perfect.

The second half was amazing, they played songs like Penny Lane, Sgt. Pepper Reprise, Goodmorning Goodmorning, and my all time fav, A Day in the Life, and their oncore was Hey Jude, epic crowd participation:)

So, during the show, they were advertizing a show they were going to have on October 9th. It is called A Night in the Life, Lennon at 70. It is a dedication to John Lennon on the day he would have turned 70 had he not been gunned down in 1980:(

My dad got me tickets:D

There will be the same strings, the same horns, and a choir all there to help honor the life of a great, great man.

And, at the bottom it says there will be "special guests."

And my dad got me tickets. So, I would like you all to see if a local theater is having any John Tributes or any Beatles tributes or anything that sounds fun, and just go give them a listen.

I went into the Fab Faux not sure about whether I would like them or not, and they are the best Beatles tribute band in the WHOLE WORLD! At least to me:o

So, if you have seen the Fab Faux, tell me your experiences, and if you havn't definately look into seeing them near you.

Have a great day, Beatles fans:D

Comments

• BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    That's awesome.
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Cool story bro

*runs away*
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    SequenceF;3648447 said:
    Cool story bro
    This.

I couldn't care less about this, I thought you had something that was actually interesting.
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Welcome back, buddy!

As you can see, there's been some dissention in the ranks since you took a hiatus...
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited April 2010
    Ok, here is the deal that is stressed on Youtube, and all other sites you can comment on...

IF YOU THINK ITS BORING, DONT SAY IT!

It just makes other people dislike you, and makes the person feel bad.

Im sorry your not interested, but you dont need to make me feel bad and stupid because its boring.
    edited April 2010
    The Reason I said that, is because this thread is very unnecessary, stop trying to get attention, this isn't even really a free thread it's about how much you enjoyed the Beatles tribute band. Please, this is worse than DLC threads, don't make them, it's fine if you just tell people in real life.

BTW I don't mean to sound like a jerk either.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited April 2010
    Ummm, ok. It, uhh, that I have really no one who cares in real life. And im sorry.

Ugh, im in it big with everyone on these forums lately.
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    @fuselage the fab four is the best beatles tribute band saw them back in march they sound exactly like them right down to the point look em' up
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    SystemSCSnake;3648583 said:
    I could care so much less
    I'm sorry this is kind of off topic but this REALLY bothers me and I'm tired of seeing it on the forum. It's a huge pet peeve of mine. The correct way to say this is "I couldn't care less". Think about the phrase for a second. It doesn't make any sense saying it the way you said it. Everyone seems to say it the wrong way these days and it really annoys me. Please try to avoid this in the future :).

Now that that's off my chest, back on topic. Even though Fuselage has had a lot of unnecessary topics in the past, this one is much more "on-topic" than those ones. I've never personally seen the fascination in watch a fake Beatles band play cover songs. I could never get into that stuff because it's just so fake. If youwant to hear Beatles music, use an iPod and if you want to hear a lot of Beatles songs live, go see Paul McCartney live. It may not be all four Beatles but it's better than some fake Beatles IMO. The fake bands bother me almost as much as the "I could care less" phrase :).
  • RomanovSURomanovSU Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    SystemSCSnake;3648635 said:
    The Reason I said that, is because this thread is very unnecessary, stop trying to get attention, this isn't even really a free thread it's about how much you enjoyed the Beatles tribute band. Please, this is worse than DLC threads, don't make them, it's fine if you just tell people in real life.

Really? Is it so hard to just not be rude when someone posts something that they find interesting which is actually not unrelated to the forum? Seriously, it's ridiculously petty of you to pick on this guy. This is a community after all, not a collection of stuff you necessarily find interesting.

And putting "I don't mean to be a jerk" at the end of a unbelievably jerky post doesn't make you any less of a jerk.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited April 2010

Kettle is calling the pot black.
    edited April 2010
    RomanovSU;3649354 said:
    Really? Is it so hard to just not be rude when someone posts something that they find interesting which is actually not unrelated to the forum? Seriously, it's ridiculously petty of you to pick on this guy. This is a community after all, not a collection of stuff you necessarily find interesting.

And putting "I don't mean to be a jerk" at the end of a unbelievably jerky post doesn't make you any less of a jerk.
    Did you even read my post? What do you suppose to comment about, how great it was that he got to see The Fab Faux? Or how great or bad it was when you saw the Fab Faux?

The word Interesting was not even used in that comment, Originally it did interest me, like a couple months ago. But now it obvious he's just trying to get attention.

And why bash me for a comment? How about posting something on the topic instead and try to get it going, instead of bashing me.

Also I'd like to mention that fuselage already told us about this awhile back on AIM, and has been bragging about it for some time.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    SystemSCSnake;3649409 said:
    Did you even read my post? What do you suppose to comment about, how great it was that he got to see The Fab Faux? Or how great or bad it was when you saw the Fab Faux?

The word Interesting was not even used in that comment, Originally it did interest me, like a couple months ago. But now it obvious he's just trying to get attention.

And why bash me for a comment? How about posting something on the topic instead and try to get it going, instead of bashing me.

Also I'd like to mention that fuselage already told us about this awhile back on AIM, and has been bragging about it for some time.
    The Reason I said that, is because this thread is very unnecessary, stop trying to get attention-
    Drama thread is very much full of drama. Especially since you're doing what your shunning OP for.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Im not a huge fan of tribute bands, and honestly, i avoid em'.

The fact, that me and my friends can rock as the Beatles, in TB:RB, makes a better show than the fake bands.

But awesome you enjoyed the show.