Bill Bailey

jim0wheeljim0wheel Opening Act
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I sent an email to the contact address on Bill Bailey's website informing them of the RBN this morning.

For those that don't know, Bill is an English comedian who also writes and performs original material live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_LNWO4Bmcc - "Folk Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Y2nBr_c4w - "Emo Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m32IEP5iik - "The Snooker Song"

Though, I doubt the last link would be available due to licensing issues. Check out the rest of his work, comedy and music, as it is truly genius.

Comments

• Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    It would be amazing (and hilarious) if Bill Bailey came to RBN. Hopefully you get a positive response.
  • jim0wheeljim0wheel Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    This is the email I sent, if anyone's interested...
    Me said:
    Hello Susan,

I'm not really sure whether you are the correct person to send this email to but here goes...

As you may or may not be aware, rhythm video games have become quite popular over the past couple of years, becoming some of the fastest-selling titles on current-generation consoles. The reason I'm telling you this is because one of those games, "Rock Band", has set up a platform allowing artists to submit their own work to be downloaded and played by gamers and fans worldwide.

Now, I don't work for the companies behind this, nor do I have experience with the programs behind this experience. I am simply a fan of Mr. Bailey's work who would love to play his fantastic music in-game. I believe that songs such as 'Insect Nation', 'Folk Song' and 'Love Song' would work extremely well and would be great fun as well!

If you are interested in going about this, please don't hesitate to email me back and I will see if I can point you in the right direction!

Thank you for reading
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Bill is superb to listen to and his standup is amongst the funniest shows I've been to. The problem I can see is that a lot of his work is rather brief and so may not be more desirable in that sense. I'd love to be able to sing along to "Insect Nation", "Hats off to the Zebras" and so on but I'm not hopeful. Let's hope you do get a positive response though, even if they're only bought by a tiny percentage of English RB players!
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    man if you could get bill bailey's bollywood version of duelling banjos from tinselworm on rbn i'd, i'd, i'd

i just don't know what i'd do, but it would make my year

edit: watch it here
    edited April 2010
  • EviladeUKEviladeUK Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Yes. A thousand times yes. Bill Bailey is just the greatest bearded musician/comedian named Bill ever.
  • GreyjoyGreyjoy Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I love Bill Bailey but I'm not sure if his songs would work in a RB format as they're mostly just him alone on acoustic guitar or keyboard. Might be a bit boring for drum or bass players.
  • TrugitrheroTrugitrhero Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Greyjoy;3655509 said:
    I love Bill Bailey but I'm not sure if his songs would work in a RB format as they're mostly just him alone on acoustic guitar or keyboard. Might be a bit boring for drum or bass players.
    "Upstream" - Cory Wong would like a word with you....
    edited July 2010
    A small update:

I finally received an email back from somebody representing Bill. I excitedly opened it and...

It was simply a short message telling me she would be in Edinburgh this August. Is this some kind of out-of-office reply or is she hinting that I meet her there to discuss this further?

I would actually be willing to drive two hundred miles if it guaranteed the inclusion of Mr. Bailey's music, but that's just me.