Export Rock Band 2 songs?

Vogard7AVogard7A Unsigned
edited April 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Is there a way to export your Rock Band 2 songs so that you can play them on Lego Rock Band (or other future titles) yet?

Comments

• Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    To expand a little bit: Rock Band 2 cannot currently export songs. It is expected that this function will be added toward the release date of RB3 which will probably be sometime in the Fall. HMX will definitely announce when this will be available. (Possibly as soon as E3 in mid-June.)
  • Vogard7AVogard7A Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3651796 said:
    To expand a little bit: Rock Band 2 cannot currently export songs. It is expected that this function will be added toward the release date of RB3 which will probably be sometime in the Fall. HMX will definitely announce when this will be available. (Possibly as soon as E3 in mid-June.)
    I figured they'd be ready to export it for RB3 like they did RB1 for RB2, but I was just wondering if they'd done it already since i hadn't seen any info on it. Thanks for the help!
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't some RB1 songs work in LRB? If some of those did why aren't ANY of the RB2 songs listed as Family Friendly. I mean at some point they too will be exportable; all of them. What gives?
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    madcapmatt;3651933 said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't some RB1 songs work in LRB? If some of those did why aren't ANY of the RB2 songs listed as Family Friendly. I mean at some point they too will be exportable; all of them. What gives?
    They haven't decided which ones will work in Lego and which ones won't yet. Don't read too much into it.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Mikachu;3652186 said:
    They haven't decided which ones will be family friendly and which ones won't yet. Don't read too much into it.
    Fix'd.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3652248 said:
    Fix'd.
    Blargh. You know what I meant.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    madcapmatt;3651933 said:
    At this time, the only way to play those songs is in RB2. Which does NOT have the built in filtering system.

Thus, all the songs come with the warning...since if you buy RB2 for an FF song you'll still have the SR songs as well.
  • nissanaltima17nissanaltima17 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    No, you can only export onto RB2.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Mikachu;3652260 said:
    Blargh. You know what I meant.
    Yeah, I knew what you meant. I just wanted to make sure the new guy knew what you meant.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Mikachu;3652186 said:
    They haven't decided which ones will work in Lego and which ones won't yet. Don't read too much into it.
    They could have decided and already loaded the disc with what is FF and not when it comes to RB2.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    Ehfahq;3656231 said:
    They could have decided and already loaded the disc with what is FF and not when it comes to RB2.
    I'm guessing either they did, or the export utility will add that, or it will be a download pack and they'll be in the download.

Or, they simply decided that they don't care and none will be marked as family friendly. That'd be a shame though.