RBN in the downloadable RB Music Store?

SheekamooSheekamoo Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Is there any change on getting RBN incorporated into the downloadable version of the RB Music Store? Right now I need to put my disc in every time I want to see what's new... and I'd like to be able to just launch the downloadable version so I don't have to keep swapping discs.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    ???

Swapping discs?

RB2 is the only place you can get or use the RBN tracks...so what exactly are you swapping discs for?

The RBN tracks don't work with any other disc(as far as I know) outside of RB2.

So even IF you could download them from the RBM store you couldn't play the songs in RB1 or Lego.

Soooo...again I ask???
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2010
    My guess is Sheekamoo has the disc for another game in the drive. When the game is turned on he wants to buy DLC so he opens up the downloaded music store to see what is new. The problem, however, is the music store doesn't show RBN songs. In order for him to see those songs he actually has to put the RB2 disc in the drive.
  • SheekamooSheekamoo Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    noble;3655582 said:
    ???

Swapping discs?

RB2 is the only place you can get or use the RBN tracks...so what exactly are you swapping discs for?

The RBN tracks don't work with any other disc(as far as I know) outside of RB2.

So even IF you could download them from the RBM store you couldn't play the songs in RB1 or Lego.

Soooo...again I ask???
    I play other games other then RB :)
    edited April 2010
    True, but if you wanted to play the songs you had to put in RB2 anyway...so... ;)
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    noble;3655613 said:
    True, but if you wanted to play the songs you had to put in RB2 anyway...so... ;)
    In fairness to the lad i also actually use the Xbox Live RB downloadable music store for my purchases and NEVER the RB2 ingame store. Its quicker, easier to access and also no swapping discs if you intend to stack several download songs and leave them download whilst you return to playing something else whilst they download (RB2 RBN Store stops the download as soon as you leave and return to the games menu screen and this sucks beyond belief)
  • SheekamooSheekamoo Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    True :)

But sometimes I'll go a few weeks without playing RB. The hard part about going a few weeks without playing is that when you do try going over DLC (especially now since RBN has new tracks almost every day), it's a little hard to keep up with what's new. I like to go in once or twice a week and see what's new. If I like something, I'll buy it, with intentions on playing it later.

Luckily I know I can visit this website to see what's new in DLC and RBN tracks. But still, I'd like to be able to access the RBN from the downloadable RB store. The store was released so people could access the DLC without needing a RB disc. I just hope they add the RBN to the fownloadable store that's already there (just like how they added it to RB2).
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing(and this is pure speculation on my part) that the reason it isn't in the store is the fact that you can only use it in RB2.

I think if it was in the store you'd get a lot of angry people wondering why the DLC they just bought doesn't work with RB1 or Lego.

I guess they could add it as it's own entity (like the Beatles is) with a 'only for RB2 disclaimer' in the RB store...
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2010
    I buy all my songs from xbox live on the internet. Using the link Whypick1 posted is where I usually go to get songs, but only after Noble confirms the songs are in the store in the first post of the RBN New Release thread.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if the downloadable store gets updated with RBN support eventually. I don't think there's any real argument for why not, it just isn't there because it isn't.