YOUR favorite(s)/most hated RBN track?

Ptv987Ptv987 Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is a thread where you guys can discuss your favorite and/or most hated RBN tracks! Go ahead and post below!

My personal favorite(s): Push Push(Lady Lightning) and The Complexity Of Light. Let`s hope these are coming to PS3 soon.

Most hated: .....well, i`m not completely sure about this one. Maybe you have one you just absolutely hate?

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    if you hate a song, why buy it :rolleyes:
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Right now my favourite is Code Monkey.

It may change though...especially if we start seeing the Tragically Hip.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    50,000 unstoppable watts by Clutch

Best drum chart on RBN.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited April 2010
    Most Beautiful Girl in the Room by Flight of the Conchords
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    I have a lot of favorites.

One right near the top is Doomsday Party by Sybreed.

Such an awesome song/chart.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Loves me some Creepy Doll
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    not the hardest in the world but i love watch it all go down, such a great song
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited April 2010
    Favorites so far:

Inkubus Sukkubus - Death Comes (the best band ive learned of thanks to RBN, not hard at all on anything....well, maybe on drums a little....but such a great song)
    Free Spirit - Far Away From Heaven (a modern band but sounds almost EXACTLY like an 80s hair ballad.....which is pretty awesome)
    Bang Camaro - PPLL (do i really need to say anything? its awesome....and WAY more fun on vox that i ever would have guessed)
    Flight of the Conchords - Business Time (the most fun FOTC song on vox)
    Ballyhoo - Cali Girl (reggae....period)
    Umphreys McGee - 1348 (so many hopos......so fun to play)
    Tumbledown - Homeward Bound (reminds me of a male version of Sin Wagon....insanely fun on guitar)
    The Slip - Even Rats (more GH memories......and actually really fun on everything)
    The Apples In Stereo - Energy (the closest thing to The Beatles we will ever get in RB.....this song sounds a lot like a Beatles song)

Least favorite:

Anything where the mixing sucks *looks at WaveGroup*
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited April 2010
    Favorite: Children of Nova "The Complexity of Light"

And I don't hate any songs on RBN; I just don't buy stuff that doesn't interest me. :)
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    broncosfan06;3655918 said:

Tumbledown - Homeward Bound (reminds me of a male version of Sin Wagon....insanely fun on guitar)
    why can't i find any mention of this in the store? is it a new release or has it not made it to europe because of licensing?

edit: just checked dlcqp, it seems its a new release thats not updated yet, so nm.
  • ZeltarZeltar Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    One of my Favorites would have to be: "He Sleeps in a Grove - Amberian Dawn." "Valkyries" will be amazing when that hits the store.

I can't say I dislike the song, but the song I had the least fun playing was: "Where the Light Was Born (Thule Ultima A Sole Nomen Habens) - Bornholm." Seriously, I like that song, it's got a cool vibe to it, but just the over-abundance of three note chords felt silly. I really wasn't having fun while playing that song. They can't all be winners I guess.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited April 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3655832 said:
    if you hate a song, why buy it :rolleyes:
    This.

I like all of the songs I've bought off of RBN. My current favorite at the moment is a toss up between The Girl at the Video Game Store and If Trucks Drank Beer, because they amuse me.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Favourite so far is Stand For Something by Skindred or Doomsday Party by Sybreed depending on my mood.

To date the worst song ive download is California by some burd i cant recall the name off. I bought it because i had enough for one half price song and the preview sounded like it may have interesting charts but man is it a poor song in my opinion... only RBN song ive regretted buying and thats from just shy of 50 so far.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited April 2010
    Favorite Bands: Demon Hunter, The Bronx, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Circus Circus, and Testament

Hate: Even Rats - The Slip - It's given a lot of love on here... which didn't help when I played the demo on drums.... the drum chart is really annoying.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    LOVE
    I have a couple that I just can't stop playing, and I don't think I ever will (on drums):

He Sleeps in A Grove - Amberian Dawn
    The Heist - DNA's Evolution
    Dragonfly - Universal Hall Pass
    Lilith in Libra - You Shriek
    And so many, many more...

DON'T LOVE
    I don't have any I don't love. My purchase process involves downloading the demo of every song that sounds remotely fun, spending a couple of hours playing all of the demos in a row, then deleting those I don't want (so very few) and buying the ones I do (so very, very many...) :D
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited April 2010
    At the moment, it's a tie between Drunken Lullabies(Live) by Flogging Molly and Angel Lust by Fake Shark-Real Zombie.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Favorite: "The Heist"
    Worst: "Business Time" followed very closely by "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room". "Business Time" "wins" because it absolutely SUCKS to play on drums and guitar, but both are equally unfunny in a painful way and have killed any interest I might've had in the show.

And no, I didn't buy either of those, but I've had to put up with listening to them multiple times now, and I've played "Business Time" once.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I love them all equally, but if by some chance The Bum Bum song made it onto the network, that would be my favorite. However, if I must choose.... I'd have to pick He Sleeps in a Grove. Possibly the most played song on my system since launch of the RBN out of the 60-some songs I'd purchased.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    whypick1;3657088 said:
    Favorite: "The Heist"
    Worst: "Business Time" followed very closely by "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room". "Business Time" "wins" because it absolutely SUCKS to play on drums and guitar, but both are equally unfunny in a painful way and have killed any interest I might've had in the show.

And no, I didn't buy either of those, but I've had to put up with listening to them multiple times now, and I've played "Business Time" once.
    Tell me, are the Conchords songs your worst picks because you just don't like the songs, or because you don't like the charts? I'm asking because I do like the songs, and I'll probably be buying them this next weekend (at least The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room)). I'm hoping the charts are good. Also, you mentioned Business Time sucks to play on guitar and drums. Are they charted poorly or are they just hard to play?

Anyway, so far I've downloaded 12 songs from RBN, and personally I love them all. Some of them were pretty safe bets (i.e. Even Rats, Push Push (Lady Lightning), but some of them I bought before even having heard the song.

On guitar, my favorites out of the ones I have are: Push Push (Lady Lightning), Code Monkey, Collapsing, and Drunken Lullabies (Live).

On drums, my favorite is: The Girl at the Video Game Store.

On vocals, my favorites would be: The Jonathan Coulton songs (Code Monkey, Creepy Doll, The Future Soon, and Ikea), and The Girl at the Video Game Store.

I haven't really played anything on bass yet.

But out of the 12 songs I've downloaded, I don't dislike a single one.
    edited April 2010
    Edify1;3657304 said:
    Tell me, are the Conchords songs your worst picks because you just don't like the songs, or because you don't like the charts? I'm asking because I do like the songs, and I'll probably be buying them this next weekend (at least The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room)). I'm hoping the charts are good. Also, you mentioned Business Time sucks to play on guitar and drums. Are they charted poorly or are they just hard to play?
    Both. Here's a video I found of BT on guitar/drums/vocals (ignore the audioswap...not sure why "Paralyzer" is more YouTube friendly than FotC). See for yourself.
    edited April 2010
    Business Time is the only one that's frustrating on guitar and drums as far as charts go.
    The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) is pretty fun if you like the song.
    Demon Woman is also a tad annoying, but all of them are fun if you know the material.

And don't turn down the series until you've watched these.

I see what you meant about Paralyzer. My drum chart video still has the original audio.
    edited April 2010
    weirdphil;3657351 said:
    And don't turn down the series until you've watched these.
    Yep, still suck.
    edited April 2010
    whypick1;3657394 said:
    Yep, still suck.
    Ah, well there's nothing that can be done if you've already made an honest opinion about the show based on a few songs you didn't like, then meh... :confused:
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I dont know how anybody couldnt laugh at 'Business Time'

The Buisness socks line is genius.

edit: Actually I can see why people wouldnt like them, to each his own.
  • SteverXiiiSteverXiii Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    I love elisheva i love you, AND NO ONE HAS IT!

i cant freaking stand to listen to motorcide or that awful wounded soul song.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    My favorites so far are "Mordecai" and "Doomsday Party". I haven't purchased anything I don't like yet. So no complaints.
  • LedZeppTroyLedZeppTroy Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Cannot stand the Skeloton Witch song just because of the way the guitar is charted around the end of the song.
  • jarodtoiletboyjarodtoiletboy Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Henchmen Ride by Testament is my favorite.
    KMFDM-Juke Joint Jezebel was hard to get used to the vocals in the chorus, but I wouldn't say it's the worst song.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    So far, I'd have to say Code Monkey. Once I get to play more songs, though, my opinion may (read: almost certainly will) change.
  • jellisjeniusjellisjenius Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    whypick1;3657088 said:
    Worst: "Business Time" followed very closely by "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room"... both are equally unfunny in a painful way and have killed any interest I might've had in the show.
    Anyone listing two Primus tracks among his top requests should not be casting "unfunny in a painful way" stones at any other act, IMO. To each his own, I guess, but I have introduced FotC to many friends and family members and never heard a reaction like yours.

In terms of the charts, "Business Time" has a fun bass chart and the guitar part is fine once you get the strumming rhythm down...I enjoyed it much more after the first few times I played it. And "TMBGITR" is fun and mellow on both stringed instruments, I'm not sure how you can criticize those charts when you look at some of the other ones on RBN.

My personal favorites on RBN include "Push Push (Lady Lightning)," :"Genius," "The Complexity of Light," "Horses in Heaven," and "No Direction."

The only one I've bought that stands out as a disappointment is "Remedy" -- mainly because it was $2 and the chart was just ok. Also, the mix on the Look Mexico song was pretty bad, IMO.