Forever stuck in loop land when exiting RBN store

TellYaSomethinTellYaSomethin Unsigned
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Every time I enter the RBN store, when I go to exit, my RB gets stuck in a never ending loop of people on the stage. I have to either exit to dashboard, or reboot the entire xbox. I live in Toronto, so I don't know if it's a regional issue, but it's annoying that every time I enter the store I have to reboot the game. What's the deal?

Comments

• FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2010
    This happens to me too, only if I let the console sit, it eventually goes back to the Marketplace main screen (where you choose between either the RBN or the music store). I assumed some sort of network communication was happening, and the server being called is a little slow to the punch.
  • theDAHLImamatheDAHLImama Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    this happens to me every time too! its a pain in the ass!
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    This happens to me to. Only it's not infinite. If I just wait for 5 minutes or so it goes back to the menu
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    At least you guys can get into the store. The past two days I haven't been able to get into it. It loads then it kicks me out saying no Internet connection. Anyone, help!
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    And yes I'm hooked up to the internet.
  • RiceBallsRiceBalls Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    this happens to me too..i just go to the dashboard and reload game..much quicker then waiting..
  • Caesar08Caesar08 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I got the stage loop too. Phew, thought I was the only one.
  • TheWii60RockerTheWii60Rocker Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    it keeps happening to me too! i do not know what is going on. it usually happens when there is a "t mobile artist of the month"

the only fix that i know of is to restart the console. it is a temporary fix, so i think harmonix needs to find a more effective fix because this loop happens too often when using the RBn or music store
  • sumboxcar182sumboxcar182 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    ok i might've fixed it on accident while clearing up hdd space. what i did was i deleted the music game store data and my song cache(i got bored one day and wanted to see how long it'd take for the cache to be redone with approx 1000 songs, it didn't take as long as expected). After i did that it actually fixed the problem. I'd suggest deleting the music store data first though and if that doesn't work then try the cache.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    It can be a hassle for sure. Patience is the key...and of course HMX fixing it in the future.
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I hope its fixed in the next store update. Its a pain in the ass to have to go back to the Xbox menu every time i buy a RBN song.
    edited May 2010
    i do not recall harmonix say they would fix it in the future, when i exited the store, it took me 90 seconds to return to the menu. it is really hard to find a solution to these problems.
  • AMac2002AMac2002 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Same thing happens to me. I think it might be that my hard-drive is near capacity though, as opposed to strictly being HMX's fault.
  • bubblegumpopbubblegumpop Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    A faster way to get out of it is to just sign out of your profile and just sign back in, takes like 2 seconds.:D
  • The-007 The-007 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    This is really annoying, I usually just go to the dashboard and back to the game. Happens to me every time though.
  • Erikus MaximusErikus Maximus Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Me as well. Every time. Sometimes it takes 90 seconds...sometimes it seems to be infinite and then it's back to the dashboard.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Yeah RBN Store is awful. I never use it, I just use links. If for some reason I have to use it i go to the dashboard. Annoying. Please fix it hmx.
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Is there anyone this ISN'T happening to? I haven't spoken up about it because my disc is cracked so I figured that was related
  • Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    yea me too, yesterday for the first time i was able to get back to the menu, though it took like 5 minutes
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I think it has to do with how many songs you have. I have about 300 total DLC and it takes maybe 90 seconds tops.

Or maybe I've just been lucky :)
    edited June 2010
    this is totally bogus, it always happens to me, i tried downloading a demo of a song and the store automatically exited on its own and i am stuck in that loop.

this is very annoying, the simple task of trying to download a song from the RBN has become such a chore that it is not really worth paying the rbn store any mind. there have been countless complaints about this issue and i have yet to see harmonix make any attempt to get it fixed.
  • Redsvetz22Redsvetz22 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    TheWii60Rocker;3775669 said:

this is very annoying, the simple task of trying to download a song from the RBN has become such a chore that it is not really worth paying the rbn store any mind. there have been countless complaints about this issue and i have yet to see harmonix make any attempt to get it fixed.
    Yep. I'm voting with my wallet on this one. I hate to not support the new bands and all that mess, but RBN (I don't want to HAVE to delete my cache or what ever it is) is out of the question until this issue is resolved. The regular store dosen't have an issue and RBN was in beta for months, so I don't see why this hasn't been fixed already.

RBN hassle = no purchases.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Redsvetz22;3776398 said:
    (I don't want to HAVE to delete my cache or what ever it is)

That doesn't work anyway. I deleted my cache and had a brand new 360 and it still took five minutes.

I don't have that big of an issue with it. Just go start the downloads you want and then "Y" out to dashboard, then come back in. Go to the restroom. Get a drink

People need to quit acting like their video game playing time is so important that they are just too cool to be delayed a few minutes.

It's like with the whiners who say..."I don't want to change discs". Seriously, if that is stressing people out now, I hate to think what they are going to be like when they grow up.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I must be a lucky guy, it does take a little longer to get out of the RBN Store, but not nearly as long as 5 minutes. more like 30-60 seconds. which is ok for me...
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    RealMessiah;3776675 said:
    That doesn't work anyway. I deleted my cache and had a brand new 360 and it still took five minutes.

I don't have that big of an issue with it. Just go start the downloads you want and then "Y" out to dashboard, then come back in. Go to the restroom. Get a drink

People need to quit acting like their video game playing time is so important that they are just too cool to be delayed a few minutes.

It's like with the whiners who say..."I don't want to change discs". Seriously, if that is stressing people out now, I hate to think what they are going to be like when they grow up.
    It's not a big issue with me either, but it's still an annoyance that should be taken care of. We're Harmonix's customers, giving them our hard earned money to play their game and to add content to it. We shouldn't have to find these little workarounds to get back to the main menu. And you're saying the customers are "acting like their time is so important." They should be, and so should Harmonix. When you're working with customers, you treat their time as though it was your own. I'm not trying to bad mouth Harmonix and I've learned from the past that they listen to their customer's and I'm sure they're working on this issue, but if you feel the customer's need to "quit whining" about a legitimate problem that IS Harmonix's fault, then I'd hate to see how you would treat customers.