Mandelbrot set by Jonathan coulton confirmed!!

jman4371jman4371 Unsigned
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
He just confirmed it himself through twitter
His tweet said:
Hey Rock Band Network tester types: Mandelbrot Set is in peer review and nobody's playing it. What the Eff? Don't you like maths?
Hooray! This is one of my favorite songs by him. Hurry up testers!

Comments

• NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    This has been confirmed along with Big Bad World One for a long time.
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I thought Shop Vac was also confirmed
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I checked it out when it first went up, it's pretty good, but my vote doesn't count unless other people vote too.
  • jman4371jman4371 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    NoThru22;3661555 said:
    Really? I thought the only one confirmed was I feel fantastic.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    jman4371;3662060 said:
    Really? I thought the only one confirmed was I feel fantastic.
    Actually, Big Bad World One, Mandelbrot Set, and Shop Vac were the only other songs I heard were confirmed. I never heard that I Feel Fantastic was confirmed, but if it is it should be pretty fun to sing.
    edited April 2010
    NoThru22;3661555 said:
    Edify1;3662064 said:
    Actually, Big Bad World One, Mandelbrot Set, and Shop Vac were the only other songs I heard were confirmed. I never heard that I Feel Fantastic was confirmed, but if it is it should be pretty fun to sing.
    I got I Feel Fantastic from this thread http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184379
    edited April 2010
    The other songs have been up in testings but I Feel Fantastic hasn't (to my knowledge) so I wouldn't call it confirmed.
  • SupaThugPimpinSupaThugPimpin Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Maybe he should stop charging 160 msp for his songs and people will care.
    :p
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    SupaThugPimpin;3662379 said:
    Judging by the stats on Keldon, all the Coulton songs are selling very well, so I don't think the 160 price point is a turn off for most people.
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    i dont mind paying 160 (unless he decided to put up Mr. Fancy Pants then it would just be rediculous to ask for 160)
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to go ahead and file your post under "failure."
    edited April 2010
    Honestly I love all his songs I wouldn't mind paying $3 for them so I don't mind at all paying $2
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure that is a big issue for the testers who get to play it for free :p
    tim107;3662451 said:
    i dont mind paying 160 (unless he decided to put up Mr. Fancy Pants then it would just be rediculous to ask for 160)
    What if it's a distract-o-tron remix modeled after his live performances of the song? The "solos" in the middle would be entertaining http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX40iQ46KhA
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    k-mac;3662384 said:
    Judging by the stats on Keldon, all the Coulton songs are selling very well, so I don't think the 160 price point is a turn off for most people.
    Well, just because it's selling well doesn't mean that it couldn't sell more.

I rather liked Creepy Doll and followed it through playtest and peer review, but seeing it for 160 msp put it on a secondary "rainy day" list for me. Would've bought it for 80 msp: that's a good "impulse buy" price-point for me.

That's not to say JoCo could make more *money* by lowering the price, just more listeners/players, but he's at a point in his career where he doesn't really have to build audience numbers.

- m
  • DanteSparda504DanteSparda504 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I bought Creepy Doll and Code Monkey. I like the rest of the songs in the store but I have been short on points lately. If they were 80 points like Skullcrusher Mountain and RE: Your Brains I'd buy them all.
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    NoThru22;3662326 said:
    The other songs have been up in testings but I Feel Fantastic hasn't (to my knowledge) so I wouldn't call it confirmed.
    Hey guys, i was the one that confermed I Feel Fantastic.

I talked to JoKo at his show at the Iron Horse last October and thats when he confermed that he was planning on getting it charted at some point.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm still waiting for him to put up "Betty and Me."
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    There is only so many people testing/reviewing...we're getting to what we can. Maybe JoCo is impatient...maybe testers are trying to get to other artists who have nothing on the platform. I like JoCo...but he seems to be upset without merit on this one. The Main Drag had several on review for some time...I didn't hear anything from them about it.
  • ReygnierReygnier Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    k-mac;3662384 said:
    It is a turn off for me.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    k-mac;3662384 said:
    I have every Jonathan Coulton song available so far (DLC and RBN), and I will purchase every song he releases. The $2 isn't a turn-off for me, especially since the average DLC song is $2.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2010
    Was anyone else disappointed by the sound quality in this track? Worst sounding RB track I've ever purchased. If I'd heard the preview I'd have passed (and I like the song). PS3 doesn't have previews though...
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I think it sounds fine (alot better then Semi Charmed Life)
    the only thing i noticed that was different from the regular song is that wierd noise that is used to cover up the f-bombs and that it didn't have the full ending.
    edited September 2010
    Really? Compared to the MP3 I have, the guitars are no where near as distorted, and the vocals are audible over the guitar.
  • SupergeekSupergeek Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I am a big fan of JoCo and I've seen him in concert twice in Denver, but there's only a handful of songs that I enjoy enough to pay $2 for.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    dmbdaw;3666328 said:
    I like JoCo...but he seems to be upset without merit on this one.
    Upset? Seems he just used the opportunity to make a joke.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    tim107;3662451 said:
    Unless it was the awesome Live Remix of Mr. Fancy Pants
  • edited October 2011
    Why can't I get Mandelbrot Set on the Wii? Even edited? Not fair!
  • edited October 2011
    tim107;3989151 said:
    I think it sounds fine (alot better then Semi Charmed Life)
    the only thing i noticed that was different from the regular song is that wierd noise that is used to cover up the f-bombs and that it didn't have the full ending.
    Wow. Here's a fun fact for you all. This is what I used to post as before using my real MMB7 username. My little brother signed in once and he clicked the remember me box (back when it worked) and I just didn't bother to sign him out so I posted under his name until it stopped remembering.
    edited October 2011
    Steampunk_Beatnik;4522993 said:
    Why can't I get Mandelbrot Set on the Wii? Even edited? Not fair!
    Why would edited make a difference?

And why are suddenly a bunch of folks asking about RBN on the Wii?

It didn't sell enough to justify the cost to port songs over to the Wii. At this point, it's been discussed to death.