jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
edited May 2010 in Rock Band
none this week apparently :[
can anyone confirm?

linkorz

Comments

• lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Well I was in disbelief at how fortunate we were last week. Return to form for the HMX/Sony Europe crossed wires saga?
  • KeomiiKeomii Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I was really looking forward to this weeks RBN songs. I have to say that I'm kind of pissed at the moment and so far no word from HMX why we didn't get anything this week.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited April 2010
    As PS3 owner in North America, I have to say your hate towards Harmonix is incorrectly aimed.

Ask SCEE.
  • edited April 2010
    Flawless;3662588 said:

Ask SCEE.
    We're asking SCEE too. Hopefully it was just a mix up with the text for the PSN EU blog, but either way Audio is on it and I'll post an update when we hear back from SCEE. Sorry for the confusion.
  • M-asterM-aster Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Henry for your information: The Store update do not contain the RBN Songs both in the PS Store and in the ingame RBN Store.

I tried it few minutes ago.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    M-aster;3662733 said:
    Henry for your information: The Store update do not contain the RBN Songs both in the PS Store and in the ingame RBN Store.

I tried it few minutes ago.
    :[
    edited April 2010
    What makes it frustrating is that this isn't an isolated case. Communciation between SCEE and HMX seems to be pretty poor with both sides seeming to blame the other. Sony say "we can only upload what we're given" and are unaware of what HMX are saying is to be released (the other week we were supposedly getting Flyleaf because noone told them it'd been pulled) while HMX think that they've passed on the information.

I do wonder if HMX considered hiring (or reshuffling within) a worldwide liason officer? Their global work sadly leaves a lot to be desired which is a reason for the most part the Rock Band franchise is worthless outside of North America to the average person on the street. You have the best product (of course IMO) and Henry and co DO work hard on here to try and help out and keep everyone posted on anything that comes up but there's only so much support on the official forum they can do when there are issues caused by simple miscommunication.
    edited April 2010
    you are absolutely right.
    i do not think it is hmx's fault because the american psn store got the RBN songs.

i looked yesterday evening (around 11pm) in the ingame RBN Store and saw that there were 10 songs, but the data from 5 of it (this week's dlc) was not be downloadable.

i will take a look in a few minutes in the store and hope all issues are gone.
    edited April 2010
    Let us know how it goes (not got the PS3 at the mo) but it seems they're getting somewhere. Probably something really stupid like "Ooohhh you wanted that uploaded as well?". Just a minor frustration when they happen, positive is HMX always do pull it out and get things solved pretty quickly. Why I'm convinced there's just a communication breakdown somewhere causing the little hiccups this side of the pond. Yeah it's frustrating when they happen but they're never completely disasterous.
    edited April 2010
    The ingame RBN store is not available at this moment.
    Maybe they are currently fixing the problem.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Does that mean that we will always be behind forever? (Until RB is finished)
    Because is we are limited to 5, then next week we will get this weeks tracks :-(
    edited April 2010
    nah dont think so.

i guess we will get next week 10 tracks or we will get in the next few days the 5 songs of this week
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I know RBN and RB tracks are separate, but we are already getting 11 RB tracks next week
    edited May 2010
    3rd Week Update

oh god...

only 2 RBN songs this week...
    still no Lady Lightning on EU RBN :[
    has the issue not been solved yet?

linkorz
  • philip_jphilip_j Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    We get 2 RBN tracks this week. So after 3 weeks of RBN on PSN, Europe is 8 tracks behind.
    What a nice start!
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    jakeellis01;3673114 said:
    3rd Week Update

oh god...

only 2 RBN songs this week...
    still no Lady Lightning on EU RBN :[
    has the issue not been solved yet?

linkorz
    philip_j;3673118 said:
    We get 2 RBN tracks this week. So after 3 weeks of RBN on PSN, Europe is 8 tracks behind.
    What a nice start!
    It's simply not good enough. Sony need a kick up the backside. Would have picked up the Bang Camaro track. Luckily for me I'm not too fussed about the others.
    edited May 2010
    My initial thoughts were that the problems were in relation to miscommunication between HMX and Sony Europe but now I'm starting to wonder if it's a certification issue. Couldn't fathom out though why it'd go through on one side but not the other.
  • unkkleunkkle Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Things like these makes me forever grateful for importing RB from the states. It's impossible to get your hands on peripherals (especially if you're on the PS3) and don't even get me started on the store.

I really hope this gets solved though and that RB3 will get a much more global distribution and recognition now that GH is losing a bit of ground and respect. I won't hold my breath though and continue to import rock band stuff and I recommend other European users to do the same.
  • kkjbk1kkjbk1 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I just logged on to the Playstation Store to get my fix of Rock Band DLC. All this week's official stuff is there as it should be (Orianthi, No Doubt etc) but looking under Rock Band Network there are only two new songs (Stick Stickly and another one).

These two were meant to come out last week, but for some reason never did. I assumed that we would just see of 5 of last week's RBN songs plus this week's new 5 today when PSN updated. No such luck. None of the 5 songs to be released this week have in fact been released, and so far only 2 of last week's 5 have been released!

What on earth is going on? I know mistakes happen, but not every week!
  • kkjbk1kkjbk1 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Seeing as how all the "official" Rock Band DLC was uploaded to the store properly I can't believe that it's a simple miscommunication - especially as we did get 2 RBN songs (even if they're originally from last week)...
  • KeomiiKeomii Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    RBN is one big disapointment so far for EU PS3 players.
    HMXHenry;3662594 said:
    We're asking SCEE too. Hopefully it was just a mix up with the text for the PSN EU blog, but either way Audio is on it and I'll post an update when we hear back from SCEE. Sorry for the confusion.
    That was last week. I know the EU RB community isn't big especially on PS3 but I do think that we deserve an answer.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Keomii;3673502 said:

That was last week. I know the EU RB community isn't big especially on PS3 but I do think that we deserve an answer.
    Agreed.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Keomii;3673502 said:
    The answer is that EU PS3 players always get ****ed.

I imported all RB games from the US from RB2 onwards, I've bought some DLC double but it's way less frustrating because the US Store usually gets it's **** right.
    Importing is probably also going to be the only way to play RB3 in 2010 in Europe, it'll probably be out around june 2011 on this side of the ocean.
  • HamreusHamreus Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I've just got a answer from Mike on the Playstation Blog EU

Posted on 6 May, 2010 at 9:01 am by Mike Kebby
    We’ve been ironing out this matter with Harmonix lately, and things will be back on track very soon.
  • philip_jphilip_j Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I think it's not fair to blame SCEE for everything, because the "problem" with the updates seem to be for Rock Band 90 % of the time. And solving the problems takes ages.
    e.g. in Austria I still cannot buy "Check My Brain" by Alice in Chains (from the first AIC Pack).
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    Keomii;3673502 said:
    Give it time. You got nothing for a long while, so the fact that something is coming though should be good news. Eventually, things will get better. Need proof? Look at PS3 and Wii DLC and think pack to not so long ago...
  • RyoandrRyoandr Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    philip_j;3675075 said:
    I think it's not fair to blame SCEE for everything, because the "problem" with the updates seem to be for Rock Band 90 % of the time. And solving the problems takes ages.
    e.g. in Austria I still cannot buy "Check My Brain" by Alice in Chains (from the first AIC Pack).
    SCEE is notorious for delays, check SSF2HD 4 month delay between NA and EU.
  • edited May 2010
    Keomii;3673502 said:

You definitely do deserve an answer. Unfortunately, I didn't have any new info to pass along until today. Our Audio Team has been working with SCEE to iron out the RBN submission process and things should balance out in the coming weeks.

The five tracks initially scheduled to come out on 5/5 should now come out on 5/19. Nearly all of the tracks scheduled for 5/12 should be released on 5/12 as planned. The tracks scheduled for 5/19 should come out as intended, along with the tracks initially scheduled for 5/5. The only question mark I have left is the remaining 3 songs that were scheduled to come out on 4/29 (only 2 of those 5 came out this week).

Once I know where those live in the schedule I will keep you updated. But for now we should be looking at 4 or 5 songs on 5/12, 10 tracks on 5/19 and 5 songs on 5/26, with the remaining 3 from 4/29 fitting in there somewhere.

This roll out may change depending on SCEE's flexibility in correcting the release schedule, but I'll post new info as soon as I hear anything regarding these tracks. Thanks so much for your patience, we really appreciate it.
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Henry for the reply and for the update. Hope everything will be fixed just as you said.

Is there any info where the problem is originating from? Why is SCEE/HMX delaying this so long? Licensing issues? Any detailed info would be much appreciated.

On another note...
    I'm impressed that a delay like this only managed to fill up a monotonous 3 page thread. If this was a 360 issue, or even worse a US issue, this thread would be much more busy. I guess, this is why SCEE always delays stuff unfortunately, very few people care about it. Personally, I would feel at ease to see more individuals replying in a thread which concerns EU PS3s in the future, so please; anyone who is concerned with this or a similar issue, don't stand behind the scene, post your comments, every bit helps.
    edited May 2010
    HMXHenry;3676567 said:
    You definitely do deserve an answer. Unfortunately, I didn't have any new info to pass along until today. Our Audio Team has been working with SCEE to iron out the RBN submission process and things should balance out in the coming weeks.

The five tracks initially scheduled to come out on 5/5 should now come out on 5/19. Nearly all of the tracks scheduled for 5/12 should be released on 5/12 as planned. The tracks scheduled for 5/19 should come out as intended, along with the tracks initially scheduled for 5/5. The only question mark I have left is the remaining 3 songs that were scheduled to come out on 4/29 (only 2 of those 5 came out this week).

Once I know where those live in the schedule I will keep you updated. But for now we should be looking at 4 or 5 songs on 5/12, 10 tracks on 5/19 and 5 songs on 5/26, with the remaining 3 from 4/29 fitting in there somewhere.

This roll out may change depending on SCEE's flexibility in correcting the release schedule, but I'll post new info as soon as I hear anything regarding these tracks. Thanks so much for your patience, we really appreciate it.
    Just saw this one, was gettign a bit irritated at not hearing anything and not seeing anything in the RBN section was close to screaming. Cheers for the update, hope this time you've got something sorted.
    jakeellis01;3676727 said:

On another note...
    I'm impressed that a delay like this only managed to fill up a monotonous 3 page thread. If this was a 360 issue, or even worse a US issue, this thread would be much more busy. I guess, this is why SCEE always delays stuff unfortunately, very few people care about it. Personally, I would feel at ease to see more individuals replying in a thread which concerns EU PS3s in the future, so please; anyone who is concerned with this or a similar issue, don't stand behind the scene, post your comments, every bit helps.
    Unfortunately EU PS3 players are a stupidly small amount (I know not to try playing online until early afternoon when early US will come on) so it's not one that draws as much attention to an issue. It's a shame, but hopefully a proper RB3 release will change the RB profile :)
This discussion has been closed.