How does one rate RBN songs?

Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm on a PS3, and I see the ratings, but I don't see how to rate.

Is this a 360 only thing? Is this coming to the PS3? Do I have to do it somewhere else?

Comments

• DrTrainDrTrain Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    well once you finish a song and it tells you how well you did look under the score and there will be a,Hit Select to rate.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    On the 360 version, we can only rate songs after we've played them on a quickplay, does it work the same on the ps3?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    Haven't tried a quickplay, I'll have to do that.

Single song or setlist?

*thinks* probably single song.
    edited April 2010
    ^Single song at a time.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 2010
    Here's another question which can be asked in exactly the same way for a different kind of result: How do YOU rate RBN songs? Do you rate for audio quality? Charting quality--and if so, an overall rating or to a specific instrument? Enjoyment of the song itself?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    LoopyChew;3664241 said:
    Here's another question which can be asked in exactly the same way for a different kind of result: How do YOU rate RBN songs? Do you rate for audio quality? Charting quality--and if so, an overall rating or to a specific instrument? Enjoyment of the song itself?

I rate it on fun which is a combination of liking the song, liking the chart...just how much 'fun' i have with a song.

And yes it is entirely subjective I guess.

For instance a lot of the drummers are saying how awesome Mordecia is. I don't mind the song, but to me it isn't awesome. The first half of the song annoys the hell out of me(the music itself), and the first half of the song the chart is just OMFG look how hardz this is lolz!

I play for fun not to see how ridonculously hard a song can be.

So while a lot of drummers might rate Mordecia at a 5 star, I'd give it a 3...which is MY personal opinion ;)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited April 2010
    noble;3664246 said:
    I rate it on fun which is a combination of liking the song, liking the chart...just how much 'fun' i have with a song.

And yes it is entirely subjective I guess.

For instance a lot of the drummers are saying how awesome Mordecia is. I don't mind the song, but to me it isn't awesome. The first half of the song annoys the hell out of me(the music itself), and the first half of the song the chart is just OMFG look how hardz this is lolz!

I play for fun not to see how ridonculously hard a song can be.

I'm going to treat it like the Overall Song ranking on RBDLC.com

So while a lot of drummers might rate Mordecia at a 5 star, I'd give it a 3...which is MY personal opinion ;)
    Of course it's a subjective thing.

The difficulty is in how it rates with all instruments. Primary Bassist will likely have less fun with Code Monkey than a singer for example.
    edited April 2010
    I rated Exploited and Exposed 4/5 while playing it's incredibly easy drum chart. That's the lowest rating I've given out for RBN songs so far. It almost felt like I was playing Polly.
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    LoopyChew;3664241 said:
    I rate it after playing it at my difficulties at whichever level I can beat it at twice on each instrument. Then I think about how much I enjoyed it overall. If I really enjoyed it at all instruments then it gets a five, if not I think about how I rate it on my instrument of choice (vocals) and whether I'd get a kick out of playing it often in that way. I do always check charts before buying so I don't blind buy so I suspect the lowest will be a three from me. After all, vocals is probably the most subjective instrument about how you enjoy it and how difficult the song is since we all have different voices!
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I rated all the songs I got so far as 4 or 5 except Business Time. The chart just isn't fun on guitar but it's kind of fun to sing and kind of well known at parties.
  • macamaticmacamatic Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I base it on a composite of how well-charted I feel the guitar and drum charts are. Most drum charts are a 5 easily (they really do do a great job with those), but on a number of songs, such as Days Without, the guitar chart was pretty weak and I had to knock it down to 4. Mordecai just isn't very fun on anything except vocals until you get two minutes in.
  • Korban7Korban7 Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    You can rate however you please, but think about it ... if how much you like the song itself is a large factor in your rating everything will skew to 4 or 5 because why would you buy a song you didn't like?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    LoopyChew;3664241 said:
    Chart quality only. Unless the audio is freaking horrible. And since I demo all the songs I dont have to deal with that.
    noble;3664246 said:
    I havent played it, but it doesnt look like its fun at all. I previewed the charts and didnt even bother to download the demo.
    Korban7;3664463 said:
    You can rate however you please, but think about it ... if how much you like the song itself is a large factor in your rating everything will skew to 4 or 5 because why would you buy a song you didn't like?
    Because sometimes you dont know how a good a song is until you play the entire thing. I have a few songs ive rated 2-stars. The demo sounded cool, the first minute was decently fun and after that I just wasnt fun.

At my house we have two people downloading, and only I normally rate them. Because she really doesnt care. There are songs she wanted that I really dont like.