5/4/10 DLC Discussion - No Doubt, Orianthi, Picture Me Broken

edited May 2010 in Rock Band
HMXHenry;3664473 said:
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming out next week! Not only a treat for the female vocalists out there, but a real blast on the drums as well.

Also, next week marks a change on the Playstation Store update schedule. Starting May 4th the US PS3 store should update with new RB DLC on Tuesdays, and the EU PS3 store should update on Wednesdays starting on May 5th. We'll be posting next week's RBN offerings on the PS3 shortly, so keep posted!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (May 4):

No Doubt – “Different People” +
No Doubt – “End It on This” +
No Doubt – “Happy Now?” +
No Doubt – “Hey You” +
No Doubt – “Sixteen” +
No Doubt – “The Climb” +
No Doubt – “Tragic Kingdom” +
No Doubt – “World Go ‘Round” +
No Doubt – “You Can Do It”
Orianthi – “According to You” +
Picture Me Broken – “Dearest (I’m So Sorry)” *

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 May 5)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Deep Cuts” and “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album,” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

*Denotes $0.99 USD, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360)

$14.99, £6.16 UK, €9.25 EU (1200 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Deep Cuts”

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
Discuss!

Comments

• EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    twinkiebeyond;3664495 said:
    So, what's the difference between “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Deep Cuts” and “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album?”
    If you already have the other DLC, you download the "“No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Deep Cuts” to complete the album.

If you dont, you download No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    By the way, if you haven't bought The Best Of and you buy The Complete Album, you're getting six tracks over The Deep Cuts for only $5...

I'm too excited to be (much) annoyed that The Deep Cuts isn't getting much of a discount.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    nothing for me...

at least the recent DLC has made me feel better about not dropping the cash for a new xbox hard-drive, not to mention deciding to be more stingy with my MS points.
  • 4lic4lic Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I surely hope that with the start of having "two albums of band" we get By the Way or Stadium Arcadium from Red Hot.

Anyway, I will give a listen to Orianthi and Picture Me Broken. No Doubt is a must.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Nothing for me, but hoping that next week brings Soundgarden.
  • Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Kinda disappointed that HMX is already starting to put out more albums by bands that already have full albums in the store.

And No Doubt had already their "Singles" album in the store which is the same as greatest hits.
    So this was a pretty unnecessary thing to do IMO.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Canned_Promise;3664567 said:
    Kinda disappointed that HMX is already starting to put out more albums by bands that already have full albums in the store.

And No Doubt had already their "Singles" album in the store which is the same as greatest hits.
    Well you're only months late to that party. Backspacer would have been a more logical time to complain.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010

Not really. They are completing an actual album that was released at the same time, not a greatest hits.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2010
    Tragic Kingdom is a seminal 90's album.

This is a great week, albeit a bit confusing for those of us who purchased The Best Of as to whether we will be able to play the full Tragic Kingdom from start to finish by purchasing the "Deep Cuts" pack.
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Though I wonder, will there be a complete the album pack for the "Singles" album if someone wanted to download the full "Tragic Kingdom" album first?

If so, what is the price of that pack?
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited April 2010

Not really.

Tragic Kingdom was pretty seminal, and is still the biggest non-compilation album in their discography. A lot of No Doubt fans are very happy with the band getting a full studio album into the game.

As I said elsewhere: surprised that HMX took Picture Me Broken away from the RBN, where it had been announced several months ago. I'm glad PMB will be reaching a wider audience this way, but I'm starting to wonder if HMX is beginning to regard RBN as a liability....i.e.: "This band deserves so much better than a DIY entry that's subject to amateur charting and peer review by a bunch of end-users and is severely limited in terms of geographic distribution and core game interplay ---- we're going to 'rescue' them and handle this ourselves." :sigh: :(
  • GodeaterGodeater Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Another yawner of a week. I remember just a few months ago we probably averaged 2 DLC purchases per week, but the majority of 2010 has been absolute crapola. It is becoming pretty evident that Rock Band has either given up hunting the big game out there or they are saving tracks for Rock Band 3.

Why can't we get some more Cult or even Beastie Boys or some Scorpions or even Bon Jovi, Ozzy, Rhino Bucket, Black Label Society, DETHKLOK, Arch Enemy, TOOL, Sabbath, Van Halen, Coal Chamber, Europe, Def Leppard, Steel Panther, GnR, Fear Factory, Heart, Helmet, In Flames, more Offspring, Machine Head, Slayer, Rush, Pearl Jam - anything ROCK, come'on guys!

My only hope lately is that KMFDM Light will be released as RBN content on PS3. Any word on what this weeks tracks will be if any?

*sigh*
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited April 2010
    Godeater;3664603 said:
    Another yawner of a week. I remember just a few months ago we probably averaged 2 DLC purchases per week, but the majority of 2010 has been absolute crapola. It is becoming pretty evident that Rock Band has either given up hunting the big game out there or they are saving tracks for Rock Band 3.
    Oh yea, because Jimi Hendrix is a nobody.

I think people who make statements like this dont actually read the DLC announcments.
  • 4lic4lic Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Godeater;3664603 said:

Why can't we get some more Cult or even Beastie Boys or some Scorpions or even Bon Jovi, Ozzy, Rhino Bucket, Black Label Society, DETHKLOK, Arch Enemy, TOOL, Sabbath, Van Halen, Coal Chamber, Europe, Def Leppard, Steel Panther, GnR, Fear Factory, Heart, Helmet, In Flames, more Offspring, Machine Head, Slayer, Rush, Pearl Jam - anything ROCK, come'on guys!

My only hope lately is that KMFDM Light will be released as RBN content on PS3. Any word on what this weeks tracks will be if any?

*sigh*
    Most of these bands deserve on disc treatment, not DLC
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2010
    How is "Sixteen" family friendly?

It's about a teenager going through puberty and having sex with a "if you don't use it, you'll lose it" mentality!

(Either that or my 12 year old mind when I first heard the song interpreted it completely wrong).
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Pretty crappy week for me
  • Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Catch-22;3664574 said:
    Well you're only months late to that party. Backspacer would have been a more logical time to complain.
    Yeah, I based that statement on the fact that there are a couple of bands
    with two albums already in the store. I guess 'starting' wasn't the right word to use...gosh.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm getting No Doubt Deep Cuts (since i already have the Singles album) and I might get Picture Me Broken, though I'm not certain of that one - I'll wait on the charts.

Good week overall - much better than the last 3 weeks IMO.
  • zombi3clownzombi3clown Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    I'll be getting Orianthi and Picture Me Broken. I already have enough No Doubt.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks the Orianthi song is kinda dreadful? Anyway, the Picture Me Broken tune is pretty decent and I might pick up two or three songs from Tragic Kingdom: The Leftovers.
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Just to voice it... more "pass" from me...

Still waiting for more 80's hair bands... U2 someday... and my favorite band, Hootie...
  • LoveWaffleLoveWaffle Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Rockox;3664623 said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the Orianthi song is kinda dreadful?

No, you are not. I've been against that song being in Rock Band since it was first requested. They all say "It's a female pop song, with ridiculous solos". For that reason, I'm going to find it annoying. Those solos are really out-of-place, short, and they don't exactly sound fun to play. The rest of the song is just the same, redundant chord-fest we've come to expect from pop songs.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Godeater;3664603 said:
    Would be very surprised if anything by Steel Panther would get pass the 'T' rating without being heavily censored :D
  • Drama 313Drama 313 Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    chico76;3664631 said:
    Just to voice it... more "pass" from me...

Still waiting for more 80's hair bands
    You're not alone in waiting.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Would love to see bad ass bands like Faith No More, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden get a return before No Doubt, but I'll get World Go Round.
  • RommelRommel Opening Act
    edited April 2010
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    kraven;3664646 said:
    Would love to see bad ass bands like Faith No More, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden get a return before No Doubt, but I'll get World Go Round.
    You had me at "Faith No More." :D
  • simao76simao76 Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Orianthi is a great guitarist and an awesome addition to Rock Band.
    Thank you very much HMX.
    My daugher will love to sing "According to You" and I can't wait to play those guitar solos.
  • Jaden-SanJaden-San Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    :D Orianthi, definitely... I think this forum introduced that song to me and I was BLOWN away! :D

Edit: I am SO gonna punk my best friend with this song next week...

"Oh, come on... she's only Pop-Rock... it won't be THAT bad..." XD
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    More proof that when mods close a thread about a rumor, the rumor is true.

More No Doubt is fine, but if we're doing repeats, can we have some more RHCP?
This discussion has been closed.