2 questions about the animation

imagirlimagirl Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
ok
on the animation
are they playing the right guitar notes?
like do they have correct finger postion?
i play real guitar but not that much
so i wouldnt of known
also
when Paul play bass
on the animation
he always strums down
dosent he sometimes strum up?
like how bass players do?

Comments

• robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure the animation is quite accurate for guitar chords, notes, etc.

As for Paul strumming down on the bass I can't confirm if that's what he did or not.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Paul has that signature way of strumming down with his wrist.
    But heres some alt-strumming Paul : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imb4tYOk8GE
    edited April 2010
    I guess it's all a question of how someone is really comfortable playing, like personally I can't use a pick at all playing guitar so I just play with just fingers 99% of the time.
  • BoomBoomBoxBoomBoomBox Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I have a guitar playing friend who learnt the chorus to Come Together by copying what George does in the game, so I'm assuming from that that the game's pretty accurate when it comes to the finger movements on guitar chords.

And as for Paul, he did tend to use his fingers for up-strumming during slow songs, but he generally strummed down with his wrist, as the dude above me pointed out.
  • joekoolljoekooll Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    Also
    I think this is the ONLY music video game
    That does guitar chords and drum beats correctly on animation
    edited April 2010
    joekooll;3665852 said:
    Also
    I'm pretty sure that's right. They have a general idea of chord positions, but do not go to as much bother as was done for this.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    joekooll;3665852 said:
    Also
    Rock Band 1 and 2
    Generally get drums right
    Guitar looks okay.
    edited April 2010
    I don't even think LRB is right for which button is pressed. Lol. But decentish game nonetheless.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Tego1in;3665821 said:
    Paul has that signature way of strumming down with his wrist.
    But heres some alt-strumming Paul : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imb4tYOk8GE
    Was this actually live? and was it the only live concert after they stopped doing concerts? (besides roof top)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    robbiecon;3665876 said:
    I don't even think LRB is right for which button is pressed. Lol. But decentish game nonetheless.
    It is, but they cop out with chords. I'd love to see a minifig hit a GYB trip.
    edited May 2010
    Bront20;3666634 said:
    It is, but they cop out with chords. I'd love to see a minifig hit a GYB trip.
    Haha, me too. It'd have to split it's hand into three parts (or perhaps two would do) and really freak out the kids.
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    BeatlesFan88;3666274 said:
    Was this actually live? and was it the only live concert after they stopped doing concerts? (besides roof top)
    Nope, this video is not from a live concert. They performed their last official concert in 1966 at Candlestick Park in San Franciso.

Then they did not perform live again until the Rooftop in Jan. of 1969, which is by far their coolest performance.

I do believe, however, that the Revolution video was them actually playing and not synching to the recording.
  • jamzftwjamzftw Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I do believe, however, that the Revolution video was them actually playing and not synching to the recording.
    It was semi-live, so they were actually singing, but they were playing along with the backing of the actual song.
  • imagirlimagirl Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    BoomBoomBox;3665847 said:
    I have a guitar playing friend who learnt the chorus to Come Together by copying what George does in the game, so I'm assuming from that that the game's pretty accurate when it comes to the finger movements on guitar chords.

And as for Paul, he did tend to use his fingers for up-strumming during slow songs, but he generally strummed down with his wrist, as the dude above me pointed out.
    so true
    see,i have the Gtr Hero world Tour guitar
    and i play the game because of some songs i like on there
    like Band On The Run and Liven Pn A Prayer
    well,anyway
    i never see the animation of guitar people movfeing at all on the neck of the guitar
    seems like its always in a stuck postion
    also the drum is WAY off
    by far this is the most correct game
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    imagirl;3669107 said:
    so true
    see,i have the Gtr Hero world Tour guitar
    and i play the game because of some songs i like on there
    like Band On The Run and Liven Pn A Prayer
    well,anyway
    i never see the animation of guitar people movfeing at all on the neck of the guitar
    seems like its always in a stuck postion
    also the drum is WAY off
    by far this is the most correct game
    I don't play Guitar Hero games anymore so I wouldn't know but I'm pretty sure Rock Band 1/2 also have the correct finger placement on guitar in the game. I know for sure the drums are correct. I guess it's just because Harmonix puts more work and care into all of their games, not just TB:RB.
    edited May 2010
    Yeah GH does not concentrate on getting the chords or drumming anywhere near right.
  • imagirlimagirl Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I dont know why Gtr Hero even made it through
    concsidering how poor the animations are
  • OxycodoneOxycodone Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I've got a question: Why aren't they wearing guitar straps in the animation? Its awkward cause it looks like they're guitars are just floating =/
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Clipping problems prevent guitar straps.

That's when an object goes through a character's body. It would ruin the look.

No music games have guitar straps.